- CrackBerry User
- 18 Posts
Help - do I have to replace the LCD? (image)
My 9900 is working fine, no problems at all. But if I want to fix this problem do I have to replace the whole LCD, the digitizer or what? The crack doesn't affect the screen, just the BB logo area. Thanks!
- 01-13-2013, 06:50 PM #3
I learned the hard way and just replaced the Digitizer. It wasnt done correctly as you need to use a heat gun up to 420 degrees to break the adhesive and if its not replaced correctly you get massive dust between the digitizer and lcd. It has made my screen hard to see and messes up the proxsimity sensor. Get both for about 49.00 on Amazon Replacing the whole thing is actually easier.
- 01-16-2013, 10:03 AM #6
GOOD LUCK!! *Grins*
Check out my thread Modding my 9930 to WHITE!! (with some juicy pics) it has some cool pics and great links on where to buy parts!~ Still waters run deep ~
- 01-17-2013, 07:28 AM #9New York Yankees
It's Hard To Be Humble
- By Technarch in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 2Last Post: 01-03-2009, 12:20 PM
- By irishchick22 in forum Verizon WirelessReplies: 64Last Post: 09-22-2008, 03:47 AM
- By eyecon82 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 2Last Post: 09-13-2008, 02:11 PM
- By ClassaN0va in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 4Last Post: 08-07-2008, 06:35 PM
- By stayfly in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 2Last Post: 05-02-2008, 02:36 PM