i've had my blacberry bold for about a year. in the last month or so either the phone "jack" or the charger itself have developed some sort of short. when i plug it in to charge i usually have to jiggle it a tiny bit to get the lightning bolt to appear, but it hardly takes any effort. hasn't been enough of a problem to warrant me getting a new phone while i study abroad. last night, when i plugged it in, it may not have actually been charging, because when i wokeup it was dead. it's been plugged in for about an hour and is still not booting up. that said, it may have been dead and off most of the night. it was blinking red for 10 seconds every 10 minutes and when i first plugged it in the red light was followed by the lighting bolt battery on the screen for several seconds. now the lightning blot is up and has been for say, 5 minutes. i feel like these are good signs but cannot remember the last time my blackberry took this long to charge.

would really appreciate any insight! thanks so much
    10-09-12 04:27 AM
    Lightning flash tells you it is charging. If the battery is totally discharged it might take some time before the phone will start, and full charge may take several hours.

Be aware we had some reports that the 99xx series would corrupt the phone's software and fail to restart, either as cause or result of a completely discharged battery. In most cases this seems to be recoverable by reloading the OS, and my impression was that it related more to 9930 than 9900. However... if there is a USB connector problem and the phone is still in warranty I would consider getting it exchanged before the warranty runs out. Dead software would be a good reason for the swap-out so don't reload it too fast, until you check the warranty.
    10-09-12 06:18 AM