I completely drained my 9930 today, when I got home I plugged it into the charger and the red light came on as if it were starting back up but it never did. The screen just stayed black and nothing happen. I have tried multiple battery pulls and tried connecting it to my laptop but it won't recognize it.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions?
    03-06-12 09:52 PM
    Leave it charging for 30 min and see if it turns back on. It should work.
    03-06-12 09:54 PM
    Yes... give it a little bit like Aplha said. The battery needs enough charge to power up the device and be able to connect to the network.
    03-06-12 10:11 PM
    If the battery was that dead, it will take at least 20 minutes before the device will boot...this is normal.

By the way, draining the battery to that extent will take life out of it each time you do it. It's a very bad idea to drain a Li-on battery to the point where the device will not even power up. They are not designed for that type of abuse...
    wolfee48 likes this.
    03-06-12 10:28 PM
    Thx for the help y'all but i have let it sit on the charger for about an hour now and I still get nothing. Maybe letting the battery drain down to nothing ruined it or something? I will let it sit overnight and try again in the morning. If that doesn't work I will switch out my batt with another and try again.

Again thx for the help
    03-06-12 10:57 PM
    It shouldn't take that long. I don't know much about the tecky side of blackberries but is it possible tha the os file corrupted somehow? The only reason I say that is because the same thing that's happening to your phone happened to mine 3 days ago and that's the only explanation that I could find in the search function here. Luckily for me leaving it charging fixed mine. Can anyone that knows about the software side of things vouch for os file corruption?
    03-06-12 11:21 PM
    What Os are you on?
    03-06-12 11:25 PM
    It is DEAD!
    03-07-12 05:11 AM
    Yesterday I ran my battery till the device went dead.

I plugged-in the charger and after 10 min or so, I saw a small charging indication on the center of the screen.

20 odd min later, the device booted and then continued its charging to Full-charge that took 4 hrs 15 min.

In the process, my earlier battery drain rate that was approx 4% per hr (avg idle + use) improved drastically to 1.73% per hr (avg idle + use) after the full run-down of the battery and back to full-charge.
    Last edited by audio_engr; 03-07-12 at 07:50 AM.
    03-07-12 07:47 AM
    I've done the same thing - in my case I connected my phone to my laptop expecting it to charge, but of course the laptop went to sleep shortly after I did and turned off the USB ports. The battery was nearly flat anyway. I woke to a dead phone and it took 20-30 minutes to come up enough to start. Scared the heck out of me. I thought I had bricked my phone!
    03-07-12 08:07 AM
    The same thing happened to me a few days ago. Never booted up and lost everything.
    03-07-12 08:54 AM
    I love crackberry forums, you guys are the best!

Update: I was able to "borrow" a co-workers and took his batt and put into my phone...The phone finally rebooted Thank God!!!

I guess letting the battery drain all the way down actually killed it

Now the problem I am having is finding a store that has these batt's in stock. I can do online but I needed my phone like yesterday.
    03-07-12 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD