My, only complaint with the 9900/9930 is the headset jack position. Why not
    Have it at the top instead of the side. It's in a more natural holding position at the top. When it's in my pocket it is awkward with it at the side. This is my only complaint with this great phone.
    08-28-11 01:03 PM
    i thought i was the only one the realised that. they should have put it at the top or below.
    08-28-11 01:39 PM
    Logic has always suggested that the right place was on top. Previously the top was occupied with the power and mute keys on either side.

Now that the single power button is in the middle, can we PLEASE move the heaphone jack to where everyone knows it should be, RIM?

PS. I note it is on top in the upcoming Curve.
    08-28-11 01:47 PM
    Yeah, good to know I'm not the only one that thinks this. I wonder what the reasoning behind it was?
    08-28-11 03:57 PM
    This is not really an issue for me because I use a holster when I workout. I suggest getting one.
    08-28-11 04:01 PM
    Agreed, and I am not a fan of the standby button being in the middle; it gets in the way when i am merely trying to push the phone into its holster.
    mssca likes this.
    08-28-11 04:11 PM
    This is not really an issue for me because I use a holster when I workout. I suggest getting one.
    I have one but prefer not to workout with a holster strapped to me.
    08-28-11 05:07 PM
    After having checked out the device, it rocked btw just not enough for me to pay full price off contract, I agree about the headphone jack at the top. Also, I would love to see the speaker vent out somewhere other than the bottom back. This is common on a lot of android phones as well.
    08-28-11 05:54 PM
    Probably not the best placement but like anything you tend to adapt.
    08-28-11 09:30 PM
    It probably wasnt possible with the camera, flash, notification led, earpiece and lock button being all up in area. Asthetics couldve played a part in its location too
    08-28-11 09:49 PM
    It probably wasnt possible with the camera, flash, notification led, earpiece and lock button being all up in area. Asthetics couldve played a part in its location too
    i think is accurate.

putting the jack on the bottom of the phone would also mean headphones must be removed prior to putting it into a charging dock.
    08-28-11 11:12 PM
    I'll tell you why, because of the design of the default headphones. If they were like that, the wire would be bent beyond measure anytime the phone is in your pocket. But with it's right angle design atm, you can turn it upward so it goes parallel with your pocket.

It's simply a design choice.. For it to be at the top the headphone jack should be straight and not be angled in any way, but sadly thats not the case here.
    08-28-11 11:15 PM
    If it bothers you that much, I suggest checking out some stereo bluetooth headsets. I'm currently using the Samsung HS3000 and it's been great for me.
    08-28-11 11:22 PM
    It's in a perfect location for me.
    I prefer to have my phone in the stock holster on my right hip turned horizontally.
    I think it's a case of "you can't please everyone".
    08-28-11 11:26 PM
    It's in a perfect location for me.
    I prefer to have my phone in the stock holster on my right hip turned horizontally.
    I think it's a case of "you can't please everyone".
    Bingo! You could install the jack in a tiny block that dangles from a cord and someone would complain that it wasn't installed behind their left ear for direct input. Some folks are flat out ridiculous, and they just need to cry a river, build a bridge, and get the flock over it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-11 11:38 PM
    This is not primarily built as an mp3 player. If you want an ipod, get an ipod
    08-29-11 02:10 PM
    dude, phones have gone beyong the age of just making and receiving calls.
    wake up to the 21st century. this isnt 1980's

everyone wants an "all-in-one device" thats why NFC, wireless, excel, word, powerpoint, games, are installed/built into modern phones.

why will i buy a very expensive phone and still want to feel the need to carry an Ipod?
    08-30-11 07:47 PM
    Bingo! You could install the jack in a tiny block that dangles from a cord and someone would complain that it wasn't installed behind their left ear for direct input. Some folks are flat out ridiculous, and they just need to cry a river, build a bridge, and get the flock over it.

Whatever psycho. If you look at almost all smartphones today the headset jack is either at the top or the bottom because its more ergonomic to put it there. Get the flock over yourself and don't bother to comment if you are gonna troll threads.
    simsim likes this.
    08-30-11 08:19 PM
    the jack has always been on the right or left side of the phone on a BB, this is nothing new.

and remember, RIM is more focused on government and big business customers when it comes to the bold series.
    08-30-11 08:52 PM
    its not by the side for some upcoming BB devices? (even though they are business based)
    08-30-11 09:47 PM
    its not by the side for some upcoming BB devices? (even though they are business based)
    The only phone with the jack up top is the curve series which RIM target to the everyday people and soccer moms

08-30-11 09:52 PM
    the jack has always been on the right or left side of the phone on a BB, this is nothing new.

and remember, RIM is more focused on government and big business customers when it comes to the bold series.

Both of these reasons are why RIM has been seeing such a steady decline am I right? The Bold is supposed to be a flagship phone, and is meant to steady the complete decline of Blackberry's marketshare.

This means that it needs to compete with every other flagship phone out there, including that from Android and iOS. In both cases, they handle media quite well, at least for the general public.

The majority of the public is NOT looking for forum bandaid solutions for their phones, unlike the majority of us on Crackberry. The majority of phone users want a phone that does everything and does it well, without needing extra tweeks or fixes.

Unfortunately, that seems to be the attitude behind Blackberry still: I think most of my time is spent on here trying to figure out what I can do to fix something on my phone, and not trying to see what can I do better with it.

Yes, its a phone, and yes, Blackberry has traditionally been a corporate device. But thats not enough to keep the company out of the waters anymore. If you want an iPod and a phone? Get an iPhone. Why should somebody buy two devices when many can do this function quite well on their own. This is for a majority of devices out there.

Blackberry has only recently begun to touch on this weakness, and a continued perspective that Blackberries are only for business users and not media users will continue to alienate the majority of the public away from it.

That doesn't mean that we can't love our Blackberries. We Crackberry users go onto forums to make our devices work the best that they can and adapt to things that maybe limitations on the platform.

Unfortunately the majority of the population does not want to do this, and we really shouldn't be pushing for this alienation of a business/phone only perspective if we want RIM to make a comeback.
    08-31-11 12:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD