I have downloaded and installed a few OS's with no troubles. For some reason 710.342 is giving me a hard time. I downloaded and installed the os from RIM. Deleted the prev. os (267) in add/remove.Removed the vendor file. Started running the app loader. It just says it's complete. But it did'nt do anything. Thats the method I've done it before.

Suggestions please
    03-29-12 03:40 PM
    with .342 you have to install the OS over the previous OS you had on your computer.
    bmwone likes this.
    03-29-12 04:48 PM
    with .342 you have to install the OS over the previous OS you had on your computer.
    Only with the leaked version, not with the official version.

The OP needs to delete the second vendor file. A quick search will find where that's hidden...
    bmwone likes this.
    03-29-12 04:53 PM
    Thanks for getting back guys....just to make sure, the version from Isreal-Rim is official? Damn, if I can locate the second vendor file!
    03-29-12 05:01 PM
    Thanks for getting back guys....just to make sure, the version from Isreal-Rim is official? Damn, if I can locate the second vendor file!
    It is official, so is the version from Telenor Norway.

Check out page 1 of the sticky at the top of the page for elite1's guide to updating your OS. You'll find the location of the 2nd vendor file in there, under troubleshooting.

Good luck
    bmwone likes this.
    03-29-12 05:06 PM
    Thanks Phill, I found the second Vendor file. I updated my 9900 to 342 with no problems.
    03-29-12 06:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD