View Poll Results: Should I give up the iPhone 4 for the Bold 9930?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 52.38%
  • No

8 19.05%
  • You'll regret it in a few months

12 28.57%
    I have owned this phone for 8 months! PIECE of GARBAGE!

Read my story and how I switched

everything in detail about the 9900

My experience switching from BlackBerry to Android
    Way to troll and plug your article all at once. Lol.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-02-12 02:18 PM
    well brother, what i can tell you is, 4s is WAY WAY better than 9930 (only if u set aside bbm and physical keyboard). here is some points to consider. first i want to clear u, i am a bb fan still and apart from all this, i am still hoping to give a final shot on bb10 before calling a quit. the basic thing is. a smartphone should smart enough to be the part of your life style, and be there when u need it. here are few points to consider.
    not much of applications to look for(entertainment wise and business wise). forget skype... 9930 dont even have app to support VOIP and SIP.
    dont have folders view in mails, does not synchronise calenders on your outlook.
    dont have basic essential business tools(which can talk outside of bb ecosystem) like LYNC, sharepoint, VOIP, sykpe, teamviewer, active sync(outlook). dont have mobile screen sharing app(apart from 2 apps who are 40$ and lags way too much, no use in real life). if i need to give demo of a mobile app via bb screen sharing to my comp. it lags too much ans sucks.
    now entertainment and functional side:
    pathetic battery, 3g lasts nly 3 hours with moderate use. very few apps and games to look out for. GTALK doesnt support file sharing(outside bb gtalk), or voice(forget video all together). sign out so many times and generally show online when u are not. Almost NO GAMES, no fun apps, instagram, FLIPBOARD(to name a few), stic sports games. ZERO in information tools like stock apps etc.
    try to download or mae a quick run with 9930, apart from sayin 1.2 ghz, i normally see hourglass contantly(i have 9900. 9790 and 9930 for my team and myself). had to contantly reboot(way better than 9700/9780, but hey here we are comparing with 4s).
    being a blackberry fanboy i also brought playbook. people say its too good. now let me clear one more thing. i have wifi one.. what it is supose to do???? even after final update of 2.1, the signal losts regularly, browser crashes(now a bit less after 2.1). again no business tools all together. now u say its a software glitch. i mean its been 2 year old device now. games getting now for playbook, but the same thing is there as on 9930, if you talk about business suport, no team viewer.. etc... infact dont blame on app developers.. RIM is digging its grave for sure as THEY ONLY NOT OPEN API FOR CAMERA for their devices. and you say why SIP OR SKYPE, no LYNC. etc....
    So guys.. dont be ignorant... 4s is a pretty neat peice of device.... do exactly perfect what ever it does..... hope it gives u a clear idea what i wanna say here..
    anyways.. will be with bb10.. hope they get it perfectly right this time...
    09-02-12 03:17 PM
    The hard keyboard is a must for me. I can type very fast and with precision (well most of the time)! I am fast though!
    Last edited by janerblue; 09-02-12 at 03:27 PM.
    09-02-12 03:18 PM
    I have owned this phone for 8 months! PIECE of GARBAGE!

Read my story and how I switched

everything in detail about the 9900

My experience switching from BlackBerry to Android
    Here we go again.

09-02-12 04:52 PM
    November 2013 I think not it's coming out q1-q2 at the latest of 2013
    09-02-12 05:15 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD