hi guys newbie here so please go lightly on me

i have sold my phone on ebay to change to a different blackberry model. I have a few questions if someone would be kind enough to help me.

1) I have backed up my bbm contacts to my memory card, i then deleted each contact on the phone i have and chose "ignore future invitations" will this stop the person i have deleted trying to re-add me on that device so that the person whos bought my phone wont get there invitiation?

2) i think my blackberry saved the chat logs from bbm, after i deleted each contact would the chat logs of been deleted aswell so that the person cant read any from my device as i didnt actually see the logs saved anywere physically on the phone just as when i was chattin with someone on bbm i could see the log in that chat no were else.

3) after i deleted all the contacts from bbm, deleted my emails and texts, i did a security wipe but i left the third party apps on (theres was a reason i did this) will that of cleared any sensitive data on the device any old email accounts, sms, bbm, passwords ect..back to a clean factory state?

4) when the person links the phone up to there computer and desktop manager appears they wont be able to restore any details will they? is the restore file saved just to my computer or will it automatically show on any computer my blackberrys connected to maybe OTA?

finally..

5) when setting up the blackberry again for say the appworld it asks for the blackberry id log in, if the new owner puts in his details or registers a new account he wont be able to see any of my old apps or data will he?

Im sorry for all the questions i just wanted to be sure that i have cleared all possible data off the device so none of my personal information is in a strangers hands.

Thanks
    08-22-12 11:16 AM
    You should have gone into Options and clicked Security Wipe this restores it to factory settings and deletes everything on the device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    wolfee48 and billykidd86 like this.
    08-22-12 11:51 AM
    You should have gone into Options and clicked Security Wipe this restores it to factory settings and deletes everything on the device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    +1... the easiest way.
    billykidd86 likes this.
    08-22-12 11:56 AM
    i did that after i had deleted by bbm contacts and chose to ignore them so they couldnt add me back on that pin so the new owner didnt get requests from my old contacts. so will that of cleared any logs and data on the device when i did that security wipe?
    08-22-12 12:05 PM
    so will that of cleared any logs and data on the device when i did that security wipe?
    Yep.

It would be a good idea to check the internal memory as well incase you stored pictures/music/video on the device. That is why I use the SD card... just pull the card out, then wipe device. Good to go.
    billykidd86 likes this.
    08-22-12 12:14 PM
    Yep.

It would be a good idea to check the internal memory as well incase you stored pictures/music/video on the device. That is why I use the SD card... just pull the card out, then wipe device. Good to go.
    yeah i did that all my pics from camera ect.. where all saved to my sd card so i took that out then wiped and they was gone any answers to any of the other questions i.e 4 & 5

cheers for all help so far really appreciated
    08-22-12 12:34 PM
    Answers to 4 and 5:
    4- The back up is only stored where you select for it to be saved (for example: flash drive, or hard drive). Unless you copied the back up file to the device internal memory, he or she (buyer) will not have any way to restore any of your information.

5-NO they will not be able to see any of the activity associated with YOUR BB ID. The phone will ask them to sign in with their account and they would only be able to look at their account activity.
    billykidd86 likes this.
    08-22-12 12:58 PM
    thank you so much for all the time and help you have put my mind at ease. This is a great forum very friendly and helpful!

Thanks alot
    08-22-12 01:13 PM
    Hi guys didnt want to clog up the forum with another thread so thought id just ask another question on this one

again its to do with security wipe -

my friend wants to wipe there phone of all the data but also has music and photos on the device storage NOT on a memory card, if they did a security wipe would that delete them files from the in built media storage on the device?

thanks
    08-26-12 07:40 PM
    Hi guys didnt want to clog up the forum with another thread so thought id just ask another question on this one

again its to do with security wipe -

my friend wants to wipe there phone of all the data but also has music and photos on the device storage NOT on a memory card, if they did a security wipe would that delete them files from the in built media storage on the device?

thanks
    Yes. A security wipe will restore the phone to an "out of the box" condition.
    billykidd86 likes this.
    08-26-12 08:02 PM
    Yes. A security wipe will restore the phone to an "out of the box" condition.
    thanks for the reply out of interest does bbsak and jl_cmder factory resets security wipe all data to or are they just for removing any IT policies, just something ive wondered
    08-26-12 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD