Had to destroy the pouch to get the phone with the protector out of it.
    Don't try to use both at the same time. I just got the phone today and had the
    protector & pouch in yesterday.

Poorly designed wih NO warnings. Way to go BB...

Oh, it's a 9900 Bold, BTW.
    03-06-12 09:28 PM
    Was it not a bit of a dead giveaway this was a bad plan when you hadta ram it in there with a shoehorn?
    03-06-12 09:45 PM
    Use the 9000 Pouch
    03-06-12 09:49 PM
    Uhhh....how did you get a 9900 with a hard shell on into the pouch in the first place?!?
    03-06-12 10:25 PM

WOW, dude what made you think this was possible, And you want to blame RIM for a Poor design, Really!!
    Last edited by RoseBud68; 03-06-12 at 10:31 PM.
    03-06-12 10:29 PM
    um... isn't those two suppose to be not fit?

pouch is for naked use and hard sell if you just want to put your phone on the table or something i guess
    03-06-12 10:56 PM
    nothing is mentioned in the CB store. So, I ordered them both figuring I'd protect the phone to the max. Lots invested in it, wanted to protect it.

Could CB notice dual (NON COMPATIBLE) products on same order and send a suggestion to use only one at a time.

Yes, it was snug but I thought it might have to wear in the pouch a bit to fit easier. Was I wrong....
    03-07-12 02:55 AM
    Really? You clearly need a bigger hammer
    03-07-12 06:58 AM
    You really can't expect the CB store to police common sense.
    If you want double protection, buy a full body ZAGG protector and THEN use the pouch.
    deezy87 likes this.
    03-07-12 07:37 AM
    nothing is mentioned in the CB store. So, I ordered them both figuring I'd protect the phone to the max. Lots invested in it, wanted to protect it.

Could CB notice dual (NON COMPATIBLE) products on same order and send a suggestion to use only one at a time.

Yes, it was snug but I thought it might have to wear in the pouch a bit to fit easier. Was I wrong....
    As was mentioned above, use the 9000 case.

The 99xx case is made to fit the naked phone, not the phone with a case. They're snug to begin with to keep the devices from moving around and so that the magnet that puts it to sleep hits the correct spot. And the CB store can't possibly know that you intend to use both items on the same phone.

Buck up...you assumed incorrectly. See if you can still get a Bold 9000 case, that works perfectly.

Sorry for the money you spent.
    03-07-12 07:46 AM
    Gee....if I buy this hot cup of coffee and drive my car with it between my legs, I should be OK, right?
    03-07-12 08:35 AM

*sigh* Always someone else's fault isn't it?

Is a store suppose to read your mind and know how you're going to use it? Could you not have researched it a bit here on CB or perhaps email the store a question?

There is actually a 9900 hard shell and 9000 holster package for sale as well...

BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 Hard Shell + Compatible BlackBerry Leather Swivel Holster - CrackBerry Canada
    03-07-12 08:58 AM
    I didn't want a swivel holster as I've had that type break and resulted in loosing the phone. I ride motorcycles. Yes, I made a mistake; don't we all. However, sometimes those who make money selling things should consider their customers. Afterall, we put the bread & butter on their tables. It's in their interest to keep the customer informed.

It's nice to be around SO MANY PERFECT people...
    03-07-12 09:18 AM
    I have the OEM soft shell case & it was obvious my 9930 wasn't even going to start going into the holster without a knock down drag out fight. Sorry you had to destroy your holster to get your bb back out and hope you find something else you like that works.
    03-07-12 09:24 AM
    I didn't want a swivel holster as I've had that type break and resulted in loosing the phone. I ride motorcycles. Yes, I made a mistake; don't we all. However, sometimes those who make money selling things should consider their customers. Afterall, we put the bread & butter on their tables. It's in their interest to keep the customer informed.

It's nice to be around SO MANY PERFECT people...
    How could a manufacturer imagine someone using a product in a way other than the way it was intended? Had the manufacturer made a case that was too small for the companion product then they were wrong. The 99xx case works perfectly with the 99xx device.

There is nothing wrong with making a mistake. We all do it. But most of us stop blaming others for them and take responsibility for them.
    03-07-12 11:55 AM
    Why?? if that's the case just get the otterbox with the built in clip....still can't believe you tried to do that
    03-07-12 12:25 PM
    Nope it's just your fault OP, you can easily do some research or ask around first.
    Now without common sense you just rammed it into the pouch which doesn't work ofcourse.
    Since you failed so horrid you can't blame it on someone else. Toek Toek on your head.
    03-07-12 12:31 PM

This is my first post and will probably be the only one for a while. I just need to put my two bits in. I got my Bold 9930 first day (Aug.21) and researched the hard shell and pouch issue so I can adequately protect my new phone. I first tried the 9000 case like some people suggested. Didn't work for me - probably got a bad one so I could not put the device to sleep. No big deal - cost only a couple of bucks. Here's what I ended getting: the OEM leather pouch pocket (hope you didn't kill the one the you got originally), and a Casemate "Barely There" hard shell case. Can't beat the combo - perfect fit! An added benefit to this is that if you get the OEM dock, you won't have to take the hard shell case off to charge the unit. HTH
    03-07-12 01:10 PM

If CB started doing that, then we'd be fielding comments in the forums similar to the following:

"Why is CB ALWAYS telling me that I should split this order up of these items I'm getting for my 9900 and my wife's 9810?!? Don't they realize that jacks up the shipping cost???"
    03-07-12 03:32 PM
    OP, you didn't hold your tongue the right way when you crammed in it - that's why it wouldn't come back out. Did you hear or see the seams split?

Poking fun, but wow......you have no one to blame but yourself. Had you searched prior to doing this you would have found many threads on combos that work/don't work.
    03-07-12 04:29 PM
    I tried to jam my soft shell blackberry case into the 9900 holster as well. It was a lesson learned.

moral of the story: no means no.
    03-07-12 05:04 PM
    I first tried the 9000 case like some people suggested. Didn't work for me - probably got a bad one so I could not put the device to sleep. No big deal - cost only a couple of bucks.

Welcome to the forums.

I'd guess you got a bad one like you said. I've got 2 9930's, both in hard shell OEM's, both also in the 9K holsters (one brown, one black) and both get put to sleep as soon as I holster them. Works like a champ here.
    03-07-12 06:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD