Hi. Your guide was very helpful.
    I have two questions.
    Will a Blackberry 9900 at&t version work on straighttalk?

Without bis/bes, can i use the hotspot feature(wireless tethering)?

Thx.
    10-12-15 10:41 AM
    Hi. Your guide was very helpful.
    I have two questions.
    Will a Blackberry 9900 at&t version work on straighttalk?

Without bis/bes, can i use the hotspot feature(wireless tethering)?

Thx.
    This site (WillMyPhoneWork.net - Check if your phone works on a network) suggests that you can use your 9900 with straight talk, but you can check here (https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=E8LnWp_m), based on your area code, which is probably more accurate.

I'm not in the US, and have never used straight talk, so I don't know if they will allow tethering. There are forums here that discuss the carriers, so you might try in one of those.

With respect to whether tethering works without BIS, the answer is that it does, if your carrier permits it. When you start the hotspot, a dialog box will appear, and you just enter the same APN (and password information, if any) as you do for your regular data connection.
    Last edited by Shuswap; 10-12-15 at 10:04 PM.
    10-12-15 09:13 PM
    k. Good to know that it works. Currently deciding between 9900 and q10. Thx.
    10-14-15 09:53 PM
    My OS 7 BB-9810 has a fast dual-core processor, 8 gig onboard memory with 1 gig RAM, a high-resolution touch screen, a good picture and video camera, a terrific QWERTY keyboard, and built in phone & 4G data & WiFi & GPS & compass capability.
    It's 768 megs of RAM, I believe.
    11-14-15 08:22 PM
    It's 768 megs of RAM, I believe.
    also, the BB9810 is only a single core 1.2Ghz. If yours does indeed have dual core then please let me know where you got it as I want one too.
    11-15-15 11:59 AM
    Just pulled my old 9810 to recharge before storing again. No BIS plan but loaded TuneIn radio (one of my fav apps over wifi with no issues at all. Didn't think it would as BB World would not open. While i was at it I added the CBC radio podcast app. Still a good day for BBOS.

Unfortunately Nobex stopped working on my non sim 9320 curve. Not sure what the issue is.
    11-15-15 07:51 PM
    Hi Shuswap. Thanks for your tutorial. I'm now rocking my 9720 while my phone sent to RMA.

But just to check with u, how about ur internet connection so far? Mine always disconnectes. Especially when im in location which no internet connection, eg elevator, then out of elevator, when connection comes in, i still got 3G but no data. I tried browse using opera mini but to no avail as well as whatsapp.

So my only solution is to restart my phone everytime it happen again.

Any advice?
    01-11-16 12:06 AM
    Hi Shuswap. Thanks for your tutorial. I'm now rocking my 9720 while my phone sent to RMA.

But just to check with u, how about ur internet connection so far? Mine always disconnectes. Especially when im in location which no internet connection, eg elevator, then out of elevator, when connection comes in, i still got 3G but no data. I tried browse using opera mini but to no avail as well as whatsapp.

So my only solution is to restart my phone everytime it happen again.

Any advice?
    Well, that's puzzling. I've never had any trouble with re-connecting the data over cellular. The first thing I'd do is go through the cellular network settings and make sure that everything was set to automatic and not manual.

After that, I'd start a new thread asking for assistance for that problem in the thread title. Perhaps someone else has had the same problem, or knows how to fix it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    01-11-16 10:40 PM
    Hello! Is there an alternative to LogicMail? Their site (logicmail.org) seems to be down and the app doesn't work.
    05-01-16 12:24 PM
    Well, picomail worked the last time I tried it, but it was really primitive.

What mail service are you trying to use through logicmail?
    05-07-16 08:23 PM
    The same for me, I have just purchased a 9900 (without BIS) and would like to install outlook and gmail.

What should I use instead?

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    05-17-16 06:33 PM
    The same for me, I have just purchased a 9900 (without BIS) and would like to install outlook and gmail.

What should I use instead?

I have email through the company that provides my web hosting, and it works perfectly with LogicMail. I forward my outlook.com email to those accounts, using the technique described in post #2 of this thread. It's not free though, so I'll try out a few free providers over the next week and report back if any of them work properly.
    05-18-16 07:55 PM
    Thanks. That would be great.

05-18-16 09:42 PM
    LogicMail Test Results (2016)

Provider IMAP (incoming) POP (incoming) SMTP (outgoing) Web Browser
    Outlook.com No No Yes Yes
    gmail.com Yes
    -Had to create application-specific password (because 2-step verification is activated on my account)
    -IMAP IDLE (push) fails. It disconnects after a short period of time.
    -After a disconnect, you must exit app completely and restart to refresh the folders again.
    -Polling fails.
    Yes.
    -Had to create application-specific password (because 2-step verification is activated on my account)
    -polling works properly
    Yes Yes
    Yahoo No No Yes Yes (rudimentary)
    Zoho No No Untested Unusable
    gmx.com Yes (TLS, Port143)
    -After a disconnect, you must exit app completely and restart to refresh the folders again.
    -Polling fails.
    Yes. (TLS, Port 110)
    -polling works properly
    Yes (TLS, Port 587) Yes (slow)
    openmailbox.org Yes (imap.openmailbox.org, TLS, Port 143)
    -IMAP IDLE seems to remain connected until you break the connection.
    -it disconnects on coverage changes (wifi to cellular data and vice-versa)
    Yes (pop.openmailbox.org, TLS, Port 110)
    -polling works properly
    Yes (smtp.openmailbox.org, TLS, Port 587, Authentication set to "Login") Yes (desktop view)
    GoDaddy -- Yes
    (pop.secureserver.net)
    Note: your username is your entire email address, which is the case with most of the providers listed in the table.
    Yes
    (smptout.secureserver.net)
    --
    Based on these results, I'd use gmail.com, gmx.com, or openmailbox.org with POP3 and polling. To poll, set a value in the "Refresh frequency" dropdown box in the account settings. I don't bother with polling, and use the email-to-SMS setup described below instead. Then, if I get an SMS notification of an email I want to read or respond to, I go into LogicMail.

Note that your username is often your entire email address.

If you need outlook.com, live.com, hotmail.com or yahoo.com, you could also set up the outlook.com/live.com/hotmail.com/yahoo account to forward to a gmail/gmx/openmailbox account, and then set logicmail to receive mail from the gmail/gmx/openmailbox account via pop3, and send mail using the outlook/live/hotmail/yahoo smtp server, as described in post #66 of this thread.

Here's another tip: you can set up your email to forward to your SMS/MMS for instant notifications: for the forwarding address, enter your 10digitphonenumber@phoneprovideraddress (e.g., if you're with Koodo in Canada, and your number was (250) 555-0100, your email to SMS address would be [email protected]). Look up your phone provider's email to sms number at: List of SMS & MMS gateways for Phone Companys - kossboss. If you're in Canada, there's a list of email to sms addresses in post #10 of this thread.

To set up forwarding, enter your webmail settings page and look for the 'forwarding' or 'filters' setting. Remember, SMS or MMS messages might cost you money, depending on your plan.

Send me your test results or post them below and I'll add them to the table.
    Last edited by Shuswap; 12-11-16 at 09:50 PM.
    05-19-16 09:55 PM
    LogicMail Test Results (2016)

Provider IMAP POP SMTP Web Browser
    Outlook.com No No Yes Yes
    gmail.com Yes
    -Polling fails.
    Yes.
    -polling works properly
    Yes Yes
    Yahoo No No No Yes (rudimentary)
    Zoho No No Untested Unusable
    gmx.com Yes (TLS, Port143)
    -Polling fails.
    Yes. (TLS, Port 110)
    -polling works properly
    Yes (TLS, Port 587) Yes (slow)
    Based on these results, I'd use gmail.com or gmx.com, with POP3 and polling. If you need outlook.com, live.com, or hotmail.com, you could also set up the outlook.com/live.com/hotmail.com account to forward to a gmail or gmx account, and then set logicmail to receive mail from the gmail/gmx account via pop3, and send mail using the outlook/live/hotmail smtp server, as described in post #2 of this thread.

Note: You can set up your email to forward to your SMS/MMS for instant notifications: for the forwarding address, enter your 10digitphonenumber@phoneprovideraddress (e.g., [email protected]). Look up your phone provider's email to sms number at: List of SMS & MMS gateways for Phone Companys - kossboss. If you're in Canada, there's a list of email to sms addresses in post #10 of this thread.

To set up forwarding, enter your webmail settings and look for the 'forwarding' or 'filters' setting. SMS or MMS messages might cost you, depending on your plan.

I suspect that many of the failures may be certificate related. That's what has been breaking email on webOS recently. If anyone knows how to add certificates to BBOS devices, we might be able to fix some of the non-working services.

Send me your test results or post them below and I'll add them to the table.

Thanks. Will give it a go. Just outlook. It all seems quite technical but will read your thread again. Thanks again for your help.

05-20-16 05:52 AM
    Thanks. Will give it a go. Just outlook. It all seems quite technical but will read your thread again. Thanks again for your help.

Here's a how-to:

LogicMail Workaround for Outlook.com and Yahoo accounts (also works for hotmail/live mail accounts. Might work as a workaround for gmail too).

1. Sign up for a gmx, or openmailbox account.

Use the same identity information as you use with your Outlook.com/yahoo account.

2. Set your Outlook.com/Yahoo mail account to forward all mail to the account set up in step 1.

• For Outlook.com, click the gear icon on the top right of the screen, choose options, select email forwarding, and enter the address of the account created in step 1.
    • For Yahoo mail, click the gear icon on the top right of the screen, choose settings, select accounts, choose your mail account under “Email Addresses,” scroll to the bottom, and under “Access your Yahoo Mail elsewhere,” select Forward, enter the address of the account created in step 1, and go through the verification process.
    • Edit: October 2016: you can probably do the same thing with gmail, but I haven't tested that.

3. In LogicMail, press the BlackBerry button to enter “configuration.” Hover over the accounts section, press the BlackBerry button, and choose the new account wizard.

• Enter your identity information on the first screen. Use the email address that you created in step 1 and choose POP. Press “Next.”
    • Enter the POP settings for the account created in step 1. Press “Next.”
    • Enter the SMTP settings for your Outlook.com or Yahoo mail account. Press “Next.”
    • Make any changes you would like to make on the Miscellaneous screen. “Refresh frequency” determines how often LogicMail will poll the POP server for email. Consider whether you want the app to start automatically on boot, and whether you want it to refresh on startup. Press “Next.”
    • Make any changes you need to make on the Connection Settings page (probably none, as the defaults seem to work). Press “Next.”
    • Press “Test Configuration.” If your information has been entered correctly, the test should be successful. If it fails, go back and check over your settings.

I've been using this setup for a couple of years. No one ever knows that their emails were forwarded to my other box. My emails go out from the outlook.com smtp server using the outlook.com address, and thus replies to my emails always go to my outlook account, and from there are forwarded to the account created in step 1. It works perfectly, and by doing this, you can keep your existing address(es).
    Last edited by Shuswap; 10-08-16 at 03:44 PM.
    05-21-16 07:30 PM
    I've tried this with the anworm downloads and none seem to work. It still says I am not able to browse over the cellular network. I've followed the instructions to a t but still no luck. I have the app settings and installed anworm through desktop manager but still no luck.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-16 12:26 AM
    I've tried this with the anworm downloads and none seem to work. It still says I am not able to browse over the cellular network. I've followed the instructions to a t but still no luck. I have the app settings and installed anworm through desktop manager but still no luck.

Posted via CB10
    Is your APN set? If it is set, can you browse over cellular using Opera Mini? You should be able to do that (even without the Anworm service books).
    06-16-16 12:51 AM
    I'm able to use opera mini without anworm service but I'm not able to use the blackberry browser once I installed anworm through the desktop manager per your instructions. My apn tfdata is correct using net10.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-16 04:58 AM
    I'm able to use opera mini without anworm service but I'm not able to use the blackberry browser once I installed anworm through the desktop manager per your instructions. My apn tfdata is correct using net10.

Posted via CB10
    If you view the service books in the settings, which ones do you have?
    06-16-16 10:29 AM
    These are the browser configurations that I downloaded.
    Wi-Fi TCP/IP Browser [BrowserConfig]
    WAP2 BrowserConfig [BrowserConfig]
    Browser Config [BrowserConfig] .

Posted via CB10
    06-16-16 01:05 PM
    I have even deleted each one after the other trying to see if I just needed one, but each one gave error messages when they were deleted.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-16 01:07 PM
    I have even deleted each one after the other trying to see if I just needed one, but each one gave error messages when they were deleted.

Posted via CB10
    That's really weird. I'm on vacation and just have my Q10, but I'll have a look at mine on Saturday to see which ones I have. I wonder if anyone else has had problems trying this with your cell network?
    06-16-16 02:56 PM
    Not sure, but thanks for the help and enjoy your vacation.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-16 04:44 PM
    These are the browser configurations that I downloaded.
    WAP2 BrowserConfig [BrowserConfig]
    Browser Config [BrowserConfig] .

Posted via CB10
    I have:

Wi-Fi TCP/IP Transport [WPTCP]
    Browser Config [BrowserConfig]

... and some MMS service books that have nothing to do with the browser.

Maybe if you delete the WAP2 BrowserConfig [BrowserConfig] it will work. It might require a reboot, although most service book changes don't seem to need that.

Do you have the transport service book? Which device are you using?
    06-19-16 09:30 PM
169 12345 ...