Well, after many many years of having a Blackberry and most recently the 9900 I got rid of it and I know I am going to get flamed! iPhone 5....I have been a long time Blackberry user, I pre-ordered the Playbook and whenever a new BB device came out I had to get it. I got tired of not having apps that I could use for pleasure and business. Once I picked up an iPad my Playbook got very little use and the apps I were looking for were nowhere to be found.

I guess this is what happens when a company fails to deliver products that dont brick themselves, give you hourglasses and make you wait and the cherry on the top for me was fail to keep promises and deliver updates and products on time.

I am still hoping that BB makes a comeback and can always sell my iPhone if the new BB10 devices are all that and bag of chips, but my gut tells me it will be another let down. I hope they prove me wrong...I am still hanging onto my Playbook so I can see what the new OS is like. The other issue is I cant justify selling it considering I paid $499.
    10-20-12 07:10 AM
    10-20-12 07:21 AM
    I understand your concerns I just find it weird that you have sticked around for so long and just 3 - 4 months before BB10 launch you jumped the ship. what is the point ?

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    10-20-12 07:30 AM
    I have lost faith and I dont think the new devices will deliver.....again I hope they prove me wrong and I can sell my iPhone to get the new device.

I didnt have to renew my contract so I will be eligible when they launch as well.

I understand your concerns I just find it weird that you have sticked around for so long and just 3 - 4 months before BB10 launch you jumped the ship. what is the point ?

10-20-12 07:35 AM
    another misguided soul.........next
    CerveloJohn and noobishnoob like this.
    10-20-12 07:39 AM
    People are free to use whatever they feel suits them best. Why judge them?
    10-20-12 12:39 PM
    Why post it in a forum?
    10-20-12 12:55 PM
    The sky is falling...The sky is falling...The sky is falling...The sky is falling...The sky is falling...The sky is falling...The sky is falling...The sky is falling...The sky is falling...The sky is falling...The sky is falling...The sky is falling...The sky is falling...The sky is falling...The sky is falling...The sky is falling...The sky is falling...The sky is falling...The sky is falling...The sky is falling...The sky is falling...The sky is falling...The sky is falling...The sky is falling...The sky is falling...The sky is falling...The sky is falling...The sky is falling...The sky is falling...The sky is falling...The sky is falling...The sky is falling...The sky is falling...The sky is falling...
    Cesare21 likes this.
    10-20-12 09:14 PM
    You will find the iphone very disappointing like I did . Once that 'new device' fever wears off the slab of glass with 90 squares will be boring. You will see!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    8230 and CerveloJohn like this.
    10-20-12 11:36 PM
    I agree the pb isn't anywhere near what the ipad is but the bold is a great device for communicating. If that isn't your core need for the device then probably almost anything would be better.
    shemaree09 and bobj66 like this.
    10-21-12 12:52 AM
    I agree the pb isn't anywhere near what the ipad is but the bold is a great device for communicating. If that isn't your core need for the device then probably almost anything would be better.
    Completely disagree with you.....and the fact that even os7 can do many things that ios can't is testament to RIM's commitment...I have had both and I swear by the experience of a bb over an iphone, and their tablets. When is the last time an iphone could control an ipad remotely, or even an android tablet? No comparison. The OP is making excuses ... Another troll post as usual. "After many years..."? 66 posts? Right. O.k....
    10-21-12 05:09 AM
    How do you figure the iPhone 5 is boring. What does a 9900 do that is more interesting than a iPhone?
    10-21-12 08:37 AM

You are that sure that the BB10 devices are only a few months away?
    10-21-12 08:40 AM
    "I guess this is what happens when a company fails to deliver products that dont brick themselves, give you hourglasses "

Yes ur going to get flamed. These things dont relate to the devices you have, 9900 or PlayBook. Nothing more than you fell victim to peer pressure and iSheep-ism.

Thats my 2 cents

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    carullo and CerveloJohn like this.
    10-21-12 08:51 AM
    BB10 all touch is at best 5 months away and since this is the 9900 forum the keyboard version to match 9900 is at best 7 months away.

10-21-12 10:50 AM
    How do you figure the iPhone 5 is boring. What does a 9900 do that is more interesting than a iPhone?
    Can an iPhone control an android tablet? Hmmmm.....nope. That function alone is very useful for presentations, controlling media to your tv, etc...
    10-21-12 04:28 PM
    These things happen and I hope you are going to be a happy iperson.
    10-21-12 04:41 PM
    i dont understand these types of post, do you want people to convince you to come back?
    You moved on great for you i personally am happy with my 9900. I dont see the big deal about the ip5
    nor did i see anything great with the previous models and i will not boost about RIM either im happy with my device and thats all
    shemaree09 and CerveloJohn like this.
    10-24-12 08:44 AM
    Been there Done that.

Taken that i have limited free time which i do not want to waste on 3.5 display playing games etc my BB satisfies me.

I challenge any iphone user to compare the productivity on a BB or an Iphone. Heck i can even multitask on my 9780.

Class is for men.

itoy is just itoy.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    10-24-12 09:07 AM
    Ive gotten rid of mine (sort of) a few times this month. I put it on Craigslist get a few hits then have a change of heart. I cant explain it
    I have a Galaxy Note and an iphone 4s yet i keep swapping my sim card to my tiny Bold. It just works! Im a heavy texter and get emails all day from my principal, other coaches and players.
    john_v likes this.
    10-24-12 07:15 PM
    This thread has potential.
    /sincere
    10-24-12 07:20 PM
    Cool beans. Yeah I have tried all except Windows Phone. I aint going anywhere. BlackBerry is awesome to me. I fired up my Droid Razr Maxx again yesterday only to get very annoyed at how laggy the interface feels compared to my 9930.

We all like different things and that is precisely why we should all hope BlackBerry and Windows Phone and possibly even another choice remains available.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-24-12 07:38 PM
    Goodbye! As I read this forum on my playbook while relaxing on the couch, my 9930 in another room I'm texting on my PB and thinking the op cannot be legit.......cuz it can't get better than this.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    10-24-12 08:56 PM
    relax guys. He's not doing a "Bwahahahahahaha ... I left and I'm never coming back ... BlackBerry sucks!"

i had a 9900 before (and BlackBerrys for five years before that). I loved the look, keyboard and screen of the 9900. I hated the battery life, the camera and the OS glitches. I'm now on iPhone 4S it glitches less, which is nice. The battery is ballpark the same, maybe a slight bit worse and I can't pop out the battery. It has its own little issues I don't like like often failing to connect to my computer and car for no apparent reason. It's a solid device, but not the masterpiece of orgasmic greatness that fanboys make it out to be. Same way I felt about the 9900, honestly.

I'd be happy to try something else next, including a BB10 device. They all have pros and cons.
    andy957 likes this.
    10-24-12 10:11 PM
    owadkelly - Are you being sarcastic in your post? If not, I don't get how you could respond like that with a straight face. "Company failed to delver products that don't brick themselves, give your hourglasses" the Bold 99XX is the very definition of that phone. I had to replace 2 of mine because of the early bricking JVM issues or whatever they call it until I got one that didn't brick when I let the battery run too low. Secondly, the phone hour glasses all the time. Click update all in appworld and then try to do something else - hourglass. Hit the wrong link in the web browser that it doesn't like - hourglass. Many things make the phone hourglass. I have yet to go through an entire day of vigorously using the phone as i do, for both work and play, where it didn't hourglass at least once.

As for the playbook, I don't think anyone that was an early adopter could argue that it failed to deliver. Even now, simple things like browser bookmarks, music or videos starting where they left off, and some key apps that people need are not available.

Now don't get me wrong - I love my bold 99XX and l love my playbook. I need a keyboard on my phone and I actually need a good quality machine to make calls and the Bold does that. Despite all the setbacks with the playbook, I think it has the best browser of any tablet bar none. But please don't let RIM off the hook by saying that these products don't have the issues the OP wrote about. They absolutely do have these issues and RIM is paying for it. Peer pressure and iSheep-ism have nothing to do with it - RIM dropped the ball, their current standing shows they have, and I am hoping with BB10 they pick it back up. But, I think we have a responsibility to hold their feet to their fire and demand products that don't brick and that are feature complete. BB10 should get us there i hope.
    10-26-12 09:40 PM
26 12