I finally went out and bought the new Bold 9900 yesterday. There are good things and bad things about this phone. I could use some help as well. First the good things. Call quality is excellent,sound quality is excellent,reception is excellent,OS is pretty damn fast,battery life gave me a day and a half of good use before it went dead on me. I got an extra battery for free here in Taipei when I got my Bold 9900. I was able to easily drag music from my Itunes to my Bold 9900 after I connected my Bold 9900 to my MBP. Dragging pictures was just as easy. I bought a class 10 Sandisk 32gb memory card which worked well and fast.

Now for the bad things.. Whatsapp is not as good as it is on the Iphone 4 or an Android device. Web surfing is ok but definitely not as nice as it is on an Iphone 4 or an Android device. I downloaded Whatsapp,Bloomberg News,Google Maps and XE currency. That is 3 applications. I removed unwanted languages and removed Twitter. I opened up Google Maps and did a street view. As soon as it opened it seemed a bit blury and it said it was low on memory I was like WTF?? Google Maps street view also did not allow me to move around or show a clear picture Bloomberg news will show you news but you have to tap on each new section each time over and over again in order for it to load that section's news for you. On the Iphone or Android you simply check the sections you like and it will automatically download all those stories for you and open them right up when you click on Bloomberg's application but this does not seem like the case.

If you travel often and need to translate various texts when chatting or receiving SMS messages in different languages such as say Chinese to English you can just copy/paste content on Apple's IOS or Google's IOS and then copy/paste to Google's Translate to translate content of text but this does not seem to exist or be possible while using Whatsapp..

Questions..
    1) Can I set up a Yahoo account for mail on here?
    2) Can I set up a MAC email account?
    3) Is there a good translate application that allows you to be able to copy/paste
    to translates message texts from SMS messages and Whatsapp chat messages?
    4) Is there a way to view all Bloomberg News without having to open and download each section all the time?
    5) Is there a good or easy way to sync my contacts from my MAC?

Need a good weather application for Asia.

The phone I bought said it was made in Hungary. No H+ reception showing on Bold 9900 here in Taiwan.
    Last edited by 9900Boldfan; 11-14-11 at 11:27 AM.
    11-14-11 11:23 AM
    Why is the picture on street view for Google Maps grainy and not clear. Not only that but as soon as one opens it one gets a low memory notification from the OS
    11-17-11 04:13 AM
    I finally went out and bought the new Bold 9900 yesterday. There are good things and bad things about this phone. I could use some help as well. First the good things. Call quality is excellent,sound quality is excellent,reception is excellent,OS is pretty damn fast,battery life gave me a day and a half of good use before it went dead on me. I got an extra battery for free here in Taipei when I got my Bold 9900. I was able to easily drag music from my Itunes to my Bold 9900 after I connected my Bold 9900 to my MBP. Dragging pictures was just as easy. I bought a class 10 Sandisk 32gb memory card which worked well and fast.

Now for the bad things.. Whatsapp is not as good as it is on the Iphone 4 or an Android device. Web surfing is ok but definitely not as nice as it is on an Iphone 4 or an Android device. I downloaded Whatsapp,Bloomberg News,Google Maps and XE currency. That is 3 applications. I removed unwanted languages and removed Twitter. I opened up Google Maps and did a street view. As soon as it opened it seemed a bit blury and it said it was low on memory I was like WTF?? Google Maps street view also did not allow me to move around or show a clear picture Bloomberg news will show you news but you have to tap on each new section each time over and over again in order for it to load that section's news for you. On the Iphone or Android you simply check the sections you like and it will automatically download all those stories for you and open them right up when you click on Bloomberg's application but this does not seem like the case.

If you travel often and need to translate various texts when chatting or receiving SMS messages in different languages such as say Chinese to English you can just copy/paste content on Apple's IOS or Google's IOS and then copy/paste to Google's Translate to translate content of text but this does not seem to exist or be possible while using Whatsapp..

Questions..
    1) Can I set up a Yahoo account for mail on here?
    2) Can I set up a MAC email account?
    3) Is there a good translate application that allows you to be able to copy/paste
    to translates message texts from SMS messages and Whatsapp chat messages?
    4) Is there a way to view all Bloomberg News without having to open and download each section all the time?
    5) Is there a good or easy way to sync my contacts from my MAC?

Need a good weather application for Asia.

The phone I bought said it was made in Hungary. No H+ reception showing on Bold 9900 here in Taiwan.
    Yes to questions 1 and 5. Desktop Manager for Mac for Question 5. BerryWeather is a paid app and The Weather Channel is free. TWC app may be preloaded on your 9900.
    11-17-11 05:55 AM
    Select the Setup icon and follow the prompts to set up your emai.
    11-17-11 05:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD