Hi

I have just purchased a blackberry 9900 from a person I met. I was wondering, is their any way I can protect the phone for myself so it don't get blocked?

Also wondering, my sound when listening to the music is low. Is their a way I can boost the sound as its lower then my blackberry 9700.

Last question, what's the best latest official OS released by blackberry?

Thanks for your help and I hop you can help me with this wonderful piece of device!
    12-28-11 11:33 AM
    Don't get blocked? What you mean?

7.1.0.74 or something is the latest version.

12-28-11 11:35 AM
    Like barred so i am unable to make or receive calls. They did say it won't get blocked but i want to be for sure.

Is that the latest and best version? Any idea on the sound

Thanks for the quick response.
    12-28-11 11:42 AM
    Don't buy stolen phones and you won't have to worry about the rightful owner locking it.
    12-28-11 11:43 AM
    go to media folder, open music file, options, then you will see more settings for boosting the volume for headphones as well as EQ settings
    12-28-11 11:55 AM
    I never brought a stolen phone I'm just saying the owner may have sold his upgrade to me and may ring their provider saying its been lost/stolen. You can't trust people these days.

@ byul, what OS are you using? Is it an official blackberry OS or leaked?

Thanks for all the help guys!
    12-28-11 01:04 PM
    If the IMEI is to be blocked by the carrier,I believe you will be SOL.You could call the carrier with the IMEI and ask.I think people on verizon can check to see if ESN is blocked or not before they buy from craigs etc...Hopefully you are ok though.Congrats on the great BB choice.
    12-28-11 01:11 PM
    If your on ATT then you don't need to worry about the phone getting messed with by the carrier. If your using your sim and have datat plan etc then no worries. Even if the phone is reported stolen they would only kill the sim card from the original owner.
    12-28-11 01:12 PM
    No I don't have the receipt as they lost it. I'm from the united kingdom so i don't know how verizon works. What is SOL? thanks!
    12-28-11 01:17 PM
    What is SOL? thanks!
    $hit Outta Luck
    12-28-11 01:18 PM
    Thanks for the help guys. I'm sure their is a way of being protected but I will have to hope nothing will happen.

One last question, i don't want this phone to be bricked or get the charging fault. Is their a way of protecting my phone from these common faults?
    12-28-11 01:39 PM
    Thanks for the help guys. I'm sure their is a way of being protected but I will have to hope nothing will happen.

One last question, i don't want this phone to be bricked or get the charging fault. Is their a way of protecting my phone from these common faults?
    No way to protect yourself... it is what it is. Although, if you don't update your OS, you won't get the charging fault. That is if you are talking about he fast drop from 100% to 92%.

If you don't update your OS, then you may be victim of a brick IF the issue has been resolved with the newer OS's.
    Last edited by dustanh; 12-28-11 at 02:02 PM.
    12-28-11 01:56 PM
    I'm talking about the fault were you charghe it and the phone does not turn of and only red light blink.

Also, what is the best recommended official OS that has been by blackberry?
    12-28-11 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD