So after Restoring my 9900 to the newest OS: 7.1.0.1098 I realized I had to re-install Google maps. and of course trusting Bla1ze I was sad that google No longer supported Google maps

But he was wrong. They still do. and let you download it from their own website.

Simply go to: google.com/mobile/other (ON your blackberry) and the link to google maps doesn't go to the website (like all the other links) but to the JAD file that WILL install the last version of Google maps FROM their website (not some pirated version found somewhere online) and you'll have FULL google maps on your blackberry (minus the voice navigation and road view while driving, which iOS and Android have)

ALSO:

NOW go to http://voice.google.com and you'll be directed to a more modern version of Google voice which doesn't look like you're holding a nokia from 2001.

It's modern and VERY useful. SURE no notification like a real app would give you (the old google voice app no longer works, even if you still have it installed) BUT you can forward your phone calls and text to your blackberry (in the google voice settings) and you have FULL google voice and it LOOKS modern and VERY useful!

P.S. I want to thank this VERY beautiful young lady in the streets of San Francisco which looked at me for help (I guess I have enough Blackberry Logo swag on me) and she was holding a TINY little map that google had shown her when she searched for a store on regular google search. and couldn't figure out where she was compared to that little tiny map. I showed her where to go (knowing where it was) but realized she should have had Google Maps, which led me down the path to this post.

I hope this helps a lot of you.

Google MAPS is BACK + Google VOICE Get Modern Page-maponline.jpg
    HershL, pjharii and iRetired like this.
    04-24-15 09:15 AM
    Simply go to: google.com/mobile/other (ON your blackberry) and the link to google maps doesn't go to the website (like all the other links) but to the JAD file that WILL install the last version of Google maps FROM their website (not some pirated version found somewhere online) and you'll have FULL google maps on your blackberry
    by not supported they probably meant no more updates... and i don't think that .jad file is updated that would mean it is supported. the only way to truly find out is if there are new addresses on there post-2012 or whenever they cut off BBOS Google Maps. new businesses, etc.

the mobile version is obviously updated along with the others but that .jad file you mentioned is suspect.
    04-24-15 09:33 AM
    Maybe mentioned previously (somewhere) but while running Google Maps, press the "i" key to zoom in and press the "o" key to zoom out.
    04-25-15 01:21 PM
    This was exactly what I signed on to look for, THANK YOU! Nice to have google maps back.

It wouldn't let me sign on however. I did get a notification in my gmail inbox that someone tried to sign on who knew my password, so it was a problem on my end.
    04-25-15 09:58 PM
    Does anyone know why if google maps is embedded in a website, my BB browser can't display it, but Opera can? It almost seems like it stopped displaying when I upgraded to the recent Opera.
    04-25-15 10:47 PM
    Hmmm im on that mobile page but i dont see maps?
    04-26-15 01:00 AM
    I don't see the maps app either but I'm on Q10SQN100-2/10.2.1.3253 so I don't think it would work but I had to try anyway.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 02:06 AM
    like this do we have gmail app?
    I cant access the default email setup since i had no BIS and BES
    04-27-15 06:23 AM
    It's too bad everyone is concentrated on what the young lady saw (the website with the map showing up)

The map will show up depending on what you search for. BUT MY POINT was that that's a BAD option and you DON'T want that. So the people that can't see it: ARE LUCKY.

As for the "maps not being supported, or questionable" This isn't true. It's all good data. Sure you don't have new information, but there's nothing that your map will show you that is "quenstionable" It's all good google data. remember that.

Also the sign in doesn't work for me. But you can add the same favorites manually to your phone (as "starred places" and you'll have the same links with a little work. Having it "sign in" which means you can get the same addresses you searched for while on your desktop computer or other device WOULD be nice but it's nice that google keeps the JAD on their website)

Also for gmail, not only did google really drop support there's OTHER devices that can't access it as well. so that's not coming but going to gmail.com gives you a pretty good interface. If you want there's logicmail.com/ota go there with your blackberry and you'll get gmail with noticifactions now on your phone.
    04-27-15 12:51 PM