i have 2 google account on My P9981 and while mail sync weel no way for Contact and calendar
    - I use 2 step login on google but I created the custom code for logging in
    Any help ? has someone solved that?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-12-17 03:48 PM
    i have 2 google account on My P9981 and while mail sync weel no way for Contact and calendar
    - I use 2 step login on google but I created the custom code for logging in
    Any help ? has someone solved that?

Not sure if this is what you are after but it has helped me out....

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...nguage=English

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    03-12-17 04:43 PM
    so the only way is to turn off the double step ?
    a really not advisable move for Security reason?

03-13-17 01:04 AM

In your Gmail settings in Google you have to toggle "allow less secure devices" so that the Gmail accepts the Blackberry. Then after if you want you CAN toggle it off again (In my experience)

I know it sounds scary but it's really not.

I do not think that turns off the double step. You still have to log in with email and password, as always

03-13-17 03:05 AM
    In my experience it has not been necessary to lower your security settings. My 9900 works fine with Google Mail & Calendar using 2-step authentication i.e. I did not 'allow less secure devices' to get it working, simply used Googles app specific password feature to get things up and running.

Addendum: I should probably add that I don't use Google for contacts on my 9900, as I've had problems setting that up and getting reliable synchronisation – possibly because I haven't changed my security settings
    03-13-17 04:24 AM
    Addendum: I should probably add that I don't use Google for contacts on my 9900, as I've had problems setting that up and getting reliable synchronization – possibly because I haven't changed my security settings
    Mine never worked going from the phone to google. If I made a change on the phone it would be rolled back when it synchronized.

Was very frustrating as I use my BlackBerry as a planner as well.

 Q10 SQN100-2 10.3.2.2813 / Droid Turbo 2 XT1585 7.0
    03-14-17 08:43 PM
    Last Christmas when I got this thing I had exhausted every other possibility for the gmail. It would ONLY work if I allowed Less secure devices and it has been fine since. You should only have to do it once.

03-15-17 01:24 AM
    Something has to change in BIS, or something like that. Because on Bold there is no problem with Calendar synch in both ways. But there is a problem with lack of sync of contacts - GMail, Outlook.com, Yahoo.com - non of them work.
    03-15-17 02:10 AM
    BIS capability is unlikely to get any better with respect to its interactions with third party providers

These are worth a read –

Personally, I've given up trying to sync G-contacts to my Bold and now use the memotoo cloud service with the OneMediaHub app to manage my contacts (and notes, tasks etc.) on my 9900. I pay for that service but there is a free option with more limited capability for those who want to try before they buy.
    Last edited by mushroom_daddy; 03-15-17 at 05:39 AM.
    03-15-17 04:30 AM
    My main calendar and Contacts app are iCloud (Apple). But I created Google calendar and Contacts specifically to sync with my 9900 (I have a Mac desktop and cannot use desktop sync). Calendar syncs well (one consolidated calendar, but that's quite OK), but Contacts does not. When I have enough changes accumulated in Contacts (not frequent these days), I export iCloud contacts to Google, reset (wipe out) 9900 contacts and it syncs itself. You have to do this fresh every time, otherwise, the 9900 side bloats up with multiple contacts accumulated by each sync. Not an ideal way, but it's simple and works.
    03-15-17 10:26 AM
    Quick question related to this topic...I have my Google calendar set up on my 9900 and it works fine except for a subscribed calendar (hockey schedule) that still shows on my Google calendar on my desktop but it has never pushed to my BlackBerry. Is there a way to get that working?

Last edited by q10newguy; 03-29-17 at 07:54 PM.
    03-29-17 07:12 PM
    You can only sync your main Google calendar using BIS, multiple calendars are not supported.
    03-30-17 12:28 AM
    You can only sync your main Google calendar using BIS, multiple calendars are not supported.
    Huh. Well then....that's too bad. Thanks

03-30-17 12:38 AM
    Sadly, its one of the many limitations that 9900 users have to prepared to live with when using a legacy BBOS device in 2017. Personally, I have got around this by syncing multiple calendars (maintained on my Mac's) into Google Calendar ie. that becomes a single consolidated calendar. It works satisfactorily but is not as elegant as the multiple calendar/account ActiveSync found on the majority of smartphones today, including BB10 devices.
    03-30-17 02:24 AM
    Sadly, its one of the many limitations that 9900 users have to prepared to live with when using a legacy BBOS device in 2017. Personally, I have got around this by syncing multiple calendars (maintained on my Mac's) into Google Calendar ie. that becomes a single consolidated calendar. It works satisfactorily but is not as elegant as the multiple calendar/account ActiveSync found on the majority of smartphones today, including BB10 devices.
    Oh see now that's what I was talking about--I have a calendar I've subscribed to through Stanza I think? Through my Google calendar, so all of the events show up on my Google calendar on my PC but not my Bold. I thought since I'm subscribed through my Google calendar all of those events would push onto my device just like appointments, birthdays etc have.

03-30-17 02:21 PM
    I don't need a second calendar added, just the events that are already part of the one Google calendar I currently have to come through on my device. Hopefully I'm saying that right and not confusing things!

03-30-17 02:25 PM
    I don't need a second calendar added, just the events that are already part of the one Google calendar I currently have to come through on my device. Hopefully I'm saying that right and not confusing things!

If events that are failing to sync are in your main Google calendar I'm not sure what the problem is. You might need to have a closer look at your Google cal settings.
    Do new appointments created on the 9900 sync faithfully to your G calendar?
    Do all other events created in G cal sync to the 9900?
    03-30-17 04:15 PM
    If events that are failing to sync are in your main Google calendar I'm not sure what the problem is. You might need to have a closer look at your Google cal settings.
    Do new appointments created on the 9900 sync faithfully to your G calendar?
    Do all other events created in G cal sync to the 9900?
    Yes, all my other calendar events sync well between my phone and Google calendar and vice versa. I'll play around with my Google calendar settings and see if I can get something figured out.

03-30-17 07:02 PM