Dear Bold,

I'm very sad. We have been together through thick and thin for 14 months. I enjoy your company immensely. You kept me on schedule. You helped me to keep in touch with co-workers, family, and friends. You kept me informed. I couldn't be happier when you were with me. I promise you what happened to you last week was an accident. I'm deeply sorry. The empty, lost, horrified feeling when I pulled you out out my wet jacket from the washing machine. Fifty five minutes of fighting the constant tumbling in soapy water must be torturous for you. I can't blame my mother for not checking the pockets. She was trying to be helpful.

I tried to revive you in every way I could. I carried you in the rice jar for five days. I leave you next to me under the blanket while I'm sleeping but you are not coming back. You still look graceful as always. I'm still inserting the battery to see if by a miracle you will boot up again there's no luck. I know I'm still in a denial state.

For now, your cousin Javelin is keeping me company. I was able to retrieve what were in you through Protect. Javelin is not as fast and nimble as you are; however, she still keeps me on schedule and informed. One good thing is Javelin is not a hummingbird like you. She could go on for days until her next meal.

Mom, Grandpa, Sister, and Wife are still enjoying you. Thanks for serving them well. They enjoy you very much. Grandpa communicate more with me now because you help him text better. Both Grandpa and Mom said it's a pleasure to press on you. Sister and Wife are beyond typing. They are gliding on you with their thumbs for Pete's sake. It's very entertaining to watch and listen to you when they interact with you.

The last flickering flash you gave me is a good farewell. I guess I have to accept the fact that you are not with me anymore. It's seventy more days, they said, until you reincarnate into a better body. You'll be faster, brighter, and stronger then. They even give you a new name, N-series. I'm counting days. I'll be ready. It's very true that absence makes the heart grow fonder. I now know...

Miss you.
    Last edited by imcurved; 11-20-12 at 01:49 PM.
    Eli_B, ddlax22, Lehomer and 9 others like this.
    11-20-12 12:44 PM
    Hopefully, BB10 is on the way!
    11-20-12 01:07 PM
    Aww, my heart goes out to you and I'm glad this wasn't one of those "other" stories about leaving BB Bold.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    11-20-12 01:13 PM
    Sorry for your loss.
    BB10 will make up for all of it, I'm sure.
    11-20-12 01:41 PM
    LMFAO, nice :P
    11-20-12 01:42 PM
    This made my day. Sorry for your loss. BB10 will be awesome!
    11-20-12 02:02 PM
    Awl... so sorry!

But a good reminder to all of us to hug our BBs every day, cuz you just never know!
    11-20-12 02:11 PM
    Awl... so sorry!

But a good reminder to all of us to hug our BBs every day, cuz you just never know!
    Thanks for your condolences. And yes you're right we just never know...
    11-20-12 02:35 PM
    Sorry for your loss.
    BB10 will make up for all of it, I'm sure.
    Thanks. I'm trying hard not to think about it.
    Hopefully, the N-series will help me "Flow" out of this heartache.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    11-20-12 02:39 PM
    Outstanding piece!

May the BB10 be with you soon.
    BergerKing likes this.
    11-20-12 03:50 PM
    Hold on.... you have a wife but your mom does your laundry?! How did you manage that? I could never negotiate such a deal.
    11-20-12 04:24 PM
    Hold on.... you have a wife but your mom does your laundry?! How did you manage that? I could never negotiate such a deal.
    Lol, yeah we still have lots to learn!

OP, sorry for your loss. The little Javelin should hold you up for a few months.
    11-20-12 05:54 PM
    I wasn't easy Jonty12. LOL. Actually. My mom doesn't do my laundry. Just that one time she felt compelled to help out. I initially declined her offer but she insisted so I said okay. Oh well, it meant to be.
    BergerKing likes this.
    11-20-12 06:19 PM
    Lol, yeah we still have lots to learn!

OP, sorry for your loss. The little Javelin should hold you up for a few months.
    Thanks cevag, the Javelin is outstanding device for me to fall back to. The sound quality is good. The emails are working. Sometimes, the trackball is a bit uncooperative but I'm getting by just fine.
    11-20-12 06:24 PM
    awesome story lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-20-12 07:28 PM
    A well written and heartfelt obituary !
    Keep on trying to revive it. You still have 70 days.
    mzceetee likes this.
    11-21-12 01:24 AM
    A sad tale of a boy and his BB. Stay strong and keep the faith, brother!
    11-21-12 06:37 AM
    best read of the day for me. thanks for the post
    11-21-12 01:56 PM
    Good thing you still have your trusty 8900 to fall back on! I still keep mine around, I can't imaging getting rid of it! It will sure hold you out until BB10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    11-21-12 04:23 PM
    Its always fun to read a well thought out, if not somewhat satirical post.

Keep your head up and be glad your still on a BB. BB10 isn't that far off now.
    dlrogers81 likes this.
    11-22-12 05:53 AM
    *Sniff*

Sorry for your loss :/

Did you burry the phone?

Joking
    11-24-12 06:08 AM
    Truly a moving euology. Hope someone speaks that well of me when I pass! But what better way to send off a beloved BlackBerry?
    11-24-12 06:10 AM
    *Sniff*

Sorry for your loss :/

Did you burry the phone?

Joking
    thanks Khalid. It's still with me. :-)
    11-24-12 10:56 AM
    Truly a moving euology. Hope someone speaks that well of me when I pass! But what better way to send off a beloved BlackBerry?
    I'm sure people will speak well of you MrRedBlink. You are a crackberry how can they not, right. ;-)
    11-24-12 11:00 AM
    I'm sure people will speak well of you MrRedBlink. You are a crackberry how can they not, right. ;-)
    Well I am honored that you say so
    11-24-12 03:17 PM
34 12