The Lith-Ion battery is better off if you don't kill it. Using the phone until it dies will degrade the performance of the battery. Put a charger in the office/car and one on the night stand and that way when you really do need the extra time because you are unable to charge up, it will last longer for you. If you see your battery near 25% plug that sucker in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-11 06:27 PM
    Couldnt Agree with the OP more. This device is a joke. And to the people that keep defending it, I will never understand why. Stop saying that you shouldnt have social feeds, bluetooth, 4g, and Wifi on when not in use. Because I had all those on plus UMA with my 9700 and never had battery issues. Obviously RIM is caple of making devices with that can standup to todays demands. Why take a short cuts with the newest device. The battery is terrible. And the apps support is even worse. Half the apps that are out dont even work and no company is going to invest in making apps for a company that will no longer exist in a few years. I'm going back to the 9700 also and will ride it out till RIM gets bought out or just simply shuts down.
    10-21-11 07:20 PM
    Couldnt Agree with the OP more. This device is a joke. And to the people that keep defending it, I will never understand why. Stop saying that you shouldnt have social feeds, bluetooth, 4g, and Wifi on when not in use. Because I had all those on plus UMA with my 9700 and never had battery issues. Obviously RIM is caple of making devices with that can standup to todays demands. Why take a short cuts with the newest device. The battery is terrible. And the apps support is even worse. Half the apps that are out dont even work and no company is going to invest in making apps for a company that will no longer exist in a few years. I'm going back to the 9700 also and will ride it out till RIM gets bought out or just simply shuts down.
    Striving so hard to be mediocre when making a point. And all that wasted typing. What a sin.

10-22-11 07:15 AM
    To be honest my phone goes on charge EVERY night regardless of what percent battery its on, but i need the security of it been 50-60% most nights after alot of use rather than starting to panic around 3-4pm when the batterys looking worrying low & i still need a few hours out of it. I must admit theres things i love about the 9900 especially the touch screen but even though i always like to get a new BB when it comes out i can always go back to the 9780 with no qualms if im not happy with the new phone.
    10-22-11 03:40 PM
    My 9000 is about 3 years old now and still has the original battery. I plug it in every night when I hit the sack and it still lasts a full day no problem. I think letting your battery die on a regular basis really screws up the battery. Lith-Ion batteries like exercise but not a full discharge and charge cycle like the older rechargeable's. They don't suffer memory problems.

10-22-11 04:06 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD