Going on a cruise
Halp! I'm going on a cruise next week and don't want to be billed millions of dollars for using the cruise network. It's Royal Caribbean and will go to the Bahamas, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten
What settings do I need to change on my 9930 to avoid connecting to the cruise network? I know I could just turn off the radio, but what about in port? Other people have reported that the cruise network was preferred over the regular towers. I want to avoid that if at all possible. Is there something that I could set?
If I'm able to get wifi, is there a good app to make phone calls for the PlayBook? TIA
- 02-04-2013, 02:59 PM #2
I go on a cruise every year. It is the only time that I shut off the phone completely and put it in the safe. Its a pleasant one week out of the year. If you wish to stay in touch go to the computer lounge and pay $10.00 to check on things at home using their computer. Once my brother turned on his android phone, didn't use any phone or internet and was charged $25.00 on his sail and sign account. Relax and have fun the phone will download everything when you return to port. It gives you something to do on the plane ride home.
- CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses
02-04-2013, 04:47 PM #5
- 5,717 Posts
Re: Going on a cruise
I always put my phone in airplane mode while on he ship, and use it in port.
Call your carrier and see if you can add an international plan. activate it when you leave and cancel it when you return, they prorated the fees on my last trip
- 02-05-2013, 11:27 PM #7
Going on a cruise
Last I knew sprint stopped with the brick data international plans and went with the standardized pay as you go data plans. That was about a year ago. I haven't had the need to check so my facts may be a little old.
Sent from my game boy colortwitter: @eve6er69_chris
- By Tanabe21 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 10-18-2010, 11:47 AM
- By Dvx67 in forum AT&TReplies: 5Last Post: 07-14-2009, 07:34 PM
- By trumansnare in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 9Last Post: 07-01-2009, 11:10 AM
- By knowsnothing in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 10Last Post: 06-10-2009, 03:54 PM
- By goldwinger88 in forum Rehab & Off-Topic LoungeReplies: 12Last Post: 06-08-2009, 08:17 AM