There was one thing that I could always rely on with my Blackberry: emails to arrive on the device within seconds.

This is no longer the case. It sometimes takes forever until I can see the beloved red light. Some emails do not arrive at all. Some arrive fast, as usual. I don't know why, can't find a pattern on which ones come through smoothly and which ones don't. There is no change in behaviour when being on WiFi or on 3G in different locations, reception quality strong and sufficient. Sometimes, "old" emails which were not delivered, are getting delivered when a new one arrives. Has anyone made similar experiences?

I have: a 9900 with a not too old SW version installed (7.1.0.714). Synching mail, calendar, contacts with my Gmail account, which worked very well in this configuration, up until a few weeks ago. I did not consciously change anything on my BB.
    I tried: several reboots, battery pulls, deleted all accounts, re-configured the Gmail account, etc.

The synching of contacts and calendar items seems to work as usual. Outgoing emails seem to get shipped instantly.

Help! I can't survive with not knowing if emails will be delivered to me at all, and if yes, when.
    01-07-13 09:14 AM
    The problem seems to be hitting all carriers but confined to gmail only. Other BIS emails are working fine, but my test to gmail had almost exactly 3 hour delay between sending/delivered onto the google server, and landing on my phone.

With all the other recent google actions against competitors a doubting mind could easily suspect this delay is a deliberate action by Google.
    01-07-13 10:29 AM
    Is this only to people that have upgraded to the latest software release/bundle?
    01-07-13 10:44 AM
    Running the latest BL Hybrid with .794 base and .714 .sfi

Just sent myself a test message on my laptop and it arrived on the 9900 before it hit the laptop, so no problem for me in the UK on Vodafone.
    01-07-13 10:48 AM
    I'm also running the latest (Xmas edition) BL hybrid .794 base/.714 sfi. On Telus, Ontario, Canada. No issues here, either.
    01-07-13 11:17 AM
    Today iIm in big troubles getting emails on my BB (with Gmail) since this morning. No issues in getting them on my pc, but they're almost not arriving on my BB. I'm on Vodafone Italy.
    01-07-13 11:28 AM
    Having trouble with mine this morning also. I'm in the US. Was working fine up until about 1030 central time, now nothing coming to bb but receiving on desktop. This is on a gmail and rackspace account.
    01-07-13 11:56 AM
    i m having the same problem,BIS Vodafone Romania
    Last edited by wsg; 01-07-13 at 12:10 PM. Reason: x
    01-07-13 12:06 PM
    I deleted and then re-set my email accounts two hours ago. I got some emails but then it stopped again. Hope this is gonna get fixed soon.
    01-07-13 12:09 PM
    Missed this thread. I am in Brunei and I am seeing up to 5 hours delay in gmail delivery. All other services are running well (BBM, whatsapp, facebook, etc). Since it seems to be a gmail relates issue, is there some way we can raise this issue to Google and / or RIM?
    01-07-13 04:23 PM
    Same problem here. Annoying!
    01-07-13 11:01 PM
    Possibly a regional issue? I just check both of mine, and received every email my browser shows to my inbox, and all marked the same time. Then tested both multiple times, with instant returns.

Chicago - VZW
    01-07-13 11:20 PM
    Possibly a regional issue? I just check both of mine, and received every email my browser shows to my inbox, and all marked the same time. Then tested both multiple times, with instant returns.

Chicago - VZW
    In my case, the problem started a while back when GMAIL had an outage (Somewhere in the beginning of Dec 2012). The delivery delay has been on and off (for me) since then. There were talks of Google shifting servers / server maintenance etc to resolve the issue. So it may just be SOME email ids. Again - just an assumption.

Gmail Server Outage Sparks Twitter Outrage | The Wrap Media
    01-07-13 11:33 PM
    I've had no issues with any email accounts on my phone; both Gmail and Hotmail. I honestly think it's Google messing with competitors. I've noticed that Google Maps doesn't find my location lots of the time lately but when I open BB Maps it finds me within meters of my actual location within seconds.
    01-08-13 12:55 AM
    Yes same here, i started experiencing delays when i updated my BB to the latest software bundle. It hasnt been right since and everyone is blaming each other, O2 blame RIM, RIM blame GMAIL and GMAIL blame RIM!
    01-08-13 06:19 AM
    Had problems here - not software related or carrier related.

Gmail has been having BIS issues. Push was not working over the last few days. As of this morning I got all of my automated emails at the correct time so it looks to be ok again at the moment.
    01-08-13 06:23 AM
    Google:. Do nothing but evil.
    01-08-13 06:26 AM
    I dont think it's a problem. I think it's google doing it on purpose.

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...ighlight=gmail
    01-08-13 06:30 AM
    strange there are so many with this problem. i have .794 on the 9900 and .714 on the 9320 (both Vodafone Italy) and have had no problems at all. messages received within seconds of sending from the pc.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    01-08-13 10:50 AM
    I'm not sure this is even Blackberry related. My friend with her iPhone was having exactly the same issues.
    01-08-13 10:56 AM
    Aww, and my girlfriend aint getting her mails too. She's on Vodafone too, with a 9780 and her mail is libero.it, an italian provider. What's this mess??
    01-08-13 04:13 PM
    I got like 20-30 email yesterday timestamped at same time 5PM.
    I know hotmail server are down right now.
    01-08-13 05:21 PM
    Same here. I have this problem for a few days now
    01-09-13 06:35 AM
    Ok so I have this problem as well. Started in December.
    Ultimately I would delete the gmail account but I want it to sync my google calendar to my BB calendar.

Is there a way to delete the gmail account on my BB but still have the calendars sync?
    01-09-13 08:40 AM
    Just go to email setup on your phone, move over your gmail account and press menu and select filters. Then choose do not forward messages to the device and save. Now you'll have calendar sync but no email arrival or try this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...2/#post7828237
    FernleyE likes this.
    01-09-13 09:27 AM
30 12