The problem is my Gmail account will not go through the normal progression of sending emails; (i.e. 1. "sending message", 2. "message sent", and 3. "message delivered")

Attachment 98729

My Yahoo account works fine and goes through the 3 steps, but my Gmail gets stuck on step #2 when sending a message.

i'm on a 2 day old brand new bold 9900 on T-mobile's stock OS (V7.0.0.250, platform 5.0.0.448). everything on my phone works great except the problem stated above. The problem was also present for the past two weeks while i was still using my Bold 9700 prior to receiving my new 9900 2 days ago.

Email Preferences are checked for "Confirm Delivery" and "Confirm Read" and "send Delivery Receipts.

I've deleted the gmail account and reactivated it a day ago hoping to fix the problem, but it didn't fix it.

Help me please! I have a feeling my recipients aren't receiving my emails.

Note:
    **I sent an email to myself (using my yahoo account sent to the same yahoo account) and the email went through steps 1, 2, and 3.

**Doing the same thing with my gmail (sending to myself to the same gmail account) the email gets stuck on step #2.

**However, sending from my own gmail account to my own yahoo account, the message does go through all 3 steps.
    Last edited by malanis5; 12-14-11 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Further explanation (Note)
    12-14-11 09:47 AM
    Gmail will not show if a message is delivered, only if it is sent properly. Just like on the web (PC) or any other phone I've ever used. I don't think you can request read receipts like with Outlook.
    malanis5 likes this.
    12-14-11 09:58 AM
    Gmail will not show if a message is delivered, only if it is sent properly. Just like on the web (PC) or any other phone I've ever used. I don't think you can request read receipts like with Outlook.
    +1 this does not show on GMAIL.

edit: #2 does not mean "I'm stuck here", it means "Sent".
    malanis5 likes this.
    12-14-11 10:04 AM
    I got two message read receipts yesterday when I selected confirm read under Menu: Options (from within the account with date highlighted) : Email Preferences.

My receipts came in the form of separate emails with winmail.dat attachments which I could not open. I cancelled the option because I didn't want to receive a whole bunch more emails with useless attachments.

In the account while scrolling through messages, the emails that have been successfully sent will have a check-mark next to them as in the op's message. This is my experience with Gmail. Maybe I'm missing something.
    Last edited by sulcopete; 12-14-11 at 10:13 AM. Reason: more info
    malanis5 likes this.
    12-14-11 10:07 AM
    Why don't you try sending an email using your gmail account to yourself. I think it's always gonna be up to step #2 only. Just checked mine and yes, mine's up to step #2 but i got my email sent to myself and considering I'm using 9780 at the moment.

even in sending an sms, it's only up to step #2 only. I only see step #3 in my BBM messages.
    malanis5 likes this.
    12-14-11 10:10 AM
    Have you tried sending yourself a test email?
    malanis5 likes this.
    12-14-11 10:16 AM
    Why don't you try sending an email using your gmail account to yourself. I think it's always gonna be up to step #2 only. Just checked mine and yes, mine's up to step #2 but i got my email sent to myself and considering I'm using 9780 at the moment.

even in sending an sms, it's only up to step #2 only. I only see step #3 in my BBM messages.
    SMS messages sent within the VZW netowrk show a check mark with a D

Emails stuck at the device show X
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 12-14-11 at 10:23 AM.
    malanis5 likes this.
    12-14-11 10:17 AM
    **I sent an email to myself (using my yahoo account sent to the same yahoo account) and the email went through steps 1, 2, and 3.

**Doing the same thing with my gmail (sending to myself to the same gmail account) the email gets stuck on step #2.

**However, sending from my own gmail account to my own yahoo account, the message does go through all 3 steps.

It's weird that sending an email with the Yahoo Account takes the email through the three steps, but emails sent with my Gmail account only go through steps 1 and 2.
    Last edited by malanis5; 12-14-11 at 10:40 AM.
    12-14-11 10:37 AM

It's weird that sending an email with the Yahoo Account takes the email through the three steps, but emails sent with my Gmail account only go through steps 1 and 2.
    I sent an email from yahoo to gmail, checked the delivery on gmail. Yahoo doesn't show a checkmark with a D.

STEP 2 IS INCORRECT. THE CHECK MARK MEANS SENT, NOT STUCK! X means it didn't go thru.
    malanis5 likes this.
    12-14-11 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD