I have a 9930 with 7.1 OS. Every time I reboot my phone I have "Ghost" text messages that show up on my phone. I delete my conversations regularly, but the number or contact shows back up after reboot with no text messages. Most of the time it is a contact I have in my phone, but there is one that is just a number that I texted over a month ago and for just one day. It is kind of annoying, so is there a way to stop this?
    06-16-12 07:01 PM
    Check all of your files there might be a saved message there. This has happened to me in the past it drove me crazy until i figured it out.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    06-16-12 09:14 PM
    Check all of your files there might be a saved message there. This has happened to me in the past it drove me crazy until i figured it out.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    I have looked all through the files and saved messages and nothing.

Even after i delete a contact like i did this weekend, the number shows up after reboot in my list of text messages. Another weird thing it is doing is even if i talk to the person on text and delete the conversation, the name name shows up again with an empty conversation, but it has an older date. Examples, I talked to one last night and her name showed up after reboot with a date of May 1st. The one i talked to that one day shows up after reboot with a date of May 15th, and the contact I deleted Saturday shows up with a date of May 31st. This is not a life altering problem, but it is annoying since i can not figure out why they keep showing up and having to delete them each time.
    06-18-12 08:11 AM
    I've got the same issue on my 9930. Cannot seem to figure it out either.
    06-18-12 08:28 AM
    I have a 9930 with 7.1 OS. Every time I reboot my phone I have "Ghost" text messages that show up on my phone. I delete my conversations regularly, but the number or contact shows back up after reboot with no text messages. Most of the time it is a contact I have in my phone, but there is one that is just a number that I texted over a month ago and for just one day. It is kind of annoying, so is there a way to stop this?

You have to go into sms outbox and delete the texts from person you see the ghost texts from. It happens to me all the time and is fixed with no problem
    tlbruce1969 likes this.
    06-18-12 11:39 AM
    You have to go into sms outbox and delete the texts from person you see the ghost texts from. It happens to me all the time and is fixed with no problem
    WOW, that was easy, but I would never have figured that out. If I could have thanked you more than once I would have LOL, that has bugged me for a while now.
    06-18-12 01:33 PM
    WOW, that was easy, but I would never have figured that out. If I could have thanked you more than once I would have LOL, that has bugged me for a while now.
    No problem. Its funny cause I'm actually trying to figure out why everytime I reboot my phone all my Facebook notifications pop back up in my inbox. Over 50 of them. I searched the same folder with NO luck. But I'm glad I helped. Maybe one of these years RIM will fix these problems that annoy us
    06-18-12 01:37 PM
    No problem. Its funny cause I'm actually trying to figure out why everytime I reboot my phone all my Facebook notifications pop back up in my inbox. Over 50 of them. I searched the same folder with NO luck. But I'm glad I helped. Maybe one of these years RIM will fix these problems that annoy us
    the reason you get back all your notification in your inbox cause this is the default app behavior after reboot, any dev can tell you this

FB app is not updating its stored FB messages store on your phone. to delete the store by force, you need to delete FB app, reboot then install again, this will erase the FB app store in your phone.

hope this helps
    06-18-12 02:17 PM
    the reason you get back all your notification in your inbox cause this is the default app behavior after reboot, any dev can tell you this

FB app is not updating its stored FB messages store on your phone. to delete the store by force, you need to delete FB app, reboot then install again, this will erase the FB app store in your phone.

hope this helps
    Thanks lol. I just deal with deleting them. Too much work since I'd have to deal with beta zone key codes. Thanks for info though
    06-18-12 02:38 PM
    Thanks, gave it a try. Never heard that solution before. Most folks just say to re-install the OS and the message will disappear. Sure enough there were two conversations from the ghost there. Deleted them both. Let's see what happens next time I reboot. Hopes it works!
    06-18-12 02:53 PM
    Thanks lol. I just deal with deleting them. Too much work since I'd have to deal with beta zone key codes. Thanks for info though
    That does seem like a lot to do just to get rid of notifications

I am sure you have tried this, but going to throw it out anyway, does the clear cache button in the FB options help at all?
    06-18-12 02:55 PM
    Thanks, gave it a try. Never heard that solution before. Most folks just say to re-install the OS and the message will disappear. Sure enough there were two conversations from the ghost there. Deleted them both. Let's see what happens next time I reboot. Hopes it works!
    It works, no problem, I looked in my outbox (didnt erven realize one was there) and there were a lot of conversations I had in the past stored in there.

Kind of wonder if there are other things like that being stored in a folder that is not commonly accessed.
    06-18-12 02:57 PM
    can someone tell me how to find the sms outbox :$
    06-19-12 09:58 PM
    In Messages, hit the BlackBerry key and choose View Folders.
    06-19-12 10:01 PM
    awesome, thanks

will this solve the problem of emails not deleting too?
    06-19-12 10:03 PM
    I had that problem. Connect it to BDM. Then options delete. And select only SMS.
    06-20-12 01:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD