Since I'm still very new to the 9930, I have questions.

Whenever I plug my 9930 into my computer's usb port, the 9930 shows a prompt box with Choices of

usb drive
    sync media
    charge only
    (learn more did not help!)

If I fail to notice or react, then my computer will show the drives (d: and g but I cannot access them. I need to upplug and replug and respond to the prompt "usb drive" I did not get that type of intercept with the 9650/Bold. I've looked at various options but don't see any way to default to "usb drive" so I don't have to reply promptly or at all. Under Storage, I see "Media Card Support" and that has a CHECKMARK. Is that what I need to tweak?

Thanks in advance
    03-05-12 03:07 PM
    I don't think you can default USB. You have to choose USB option if you want access to your SD card files and the 8 GB internal memory as far as I know.
    03-05-12 03:08 PM
    You don't have to select the USB prompt necessarily.

I have my device password protected and a prompt appears on my PC. I can enter my password from there and then access my card. I can also dismiss device prompt and PC prompt for password. Once I open up DM and enter my password, my card can be accessed. But if you don't open up DM, you'll need to unplug the device and then re-plug it in to open the prompt to make a selection.

What you're describing is just the way it is for OS7 from what I've learned. I wish we could just plug and play like we could in the past.
    03-05-12 03:35 PM
    I think the reason for the choice is for your security sake. If you only want to plug in your phone to charge it on a different computer you can choose charge only and not have to worry if your phone information being copied.
    03-05-12 03:37 PM
    Very true MrLynd54... thats the reason I haven't tried to change it.
    03-05-12 03:44 PM
    Thanks for the various replies. The about 4 or 5 times this has happened I was trying to quickly get a photo or two off the phone and put another mp3 on the phone - just using Windows Explorer, not using DM as an intermediary. I do not password protect the phone (I considered it for past phones and now this new one) nor the sdcard.

At least, it would be nice if you could force the prompt to reappear so it can be selected. Now, my computer sees the 2 drives (d: and g: ) but won't allow access. So I also have to first Safely Remove, then unplug and then replug and then select USB Drive. But I guess that's just the way it is - yech!
    03-05-12 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD