I have now tried 5 different batteries, and 3 different devices. I have no apps running in the background. I have tried numerous operating systems. Meterberry gives me a dsicharge rate of 17%/ hour, and device analyzer puts it at 8%.....either way, I can't get to noon on an average day.

Very little talktime...maybe 5 minutes maximum, very little internet, but lots of emails through BES.

This is absurd.
    03-08-12 11:52 AM
    With the latest build and using battery saving mode I've had much better battery life. Took it off the charger today around 7:30AM and now it's 1PM and I'm sitting @ 71% remaining. Normal usage nothing else special that I've done other than set all apps to not refresh unless I do it manually.

That said, I'm just a regular consumer and have no experience with BES...
    Last edited by axllebeer; 03-08-12 at 12:05 PM.
    03-08-12 12:01 PM
    I had a similar experience.... How I solve my 9800 issue was to do a security wipe... After that I was back to regular battery life... Like you... I checked everyting and this was the only thing that worked.....
    03-08-12 12:09 PM
    then move on to another brand of phone, and they wont impress you either.

my 9900 has a discharge rate of just over 4%. 100s of bbm, dozens of emails, lost of phone use, many txts. and i do have several apps.

im also running 3 twitter accounts, and facebook.

i have my backlight at 10% all the time. facebook updates only every hour. i did get rid of the weather app as it seemed to drain the battery, started by setting it to 3hr updates then just deleted it all together.

its interesting to read peoples stories
    03-08-12 12:10 PM
    I have battery saving mode on 100% of the time, no weather app, etc. I would try security wipe, however, when you backup the device and install a new op system, is that not the same thing?
    03-08-12 12:19 PM
    Do a full wipe of your phone then dont restore your entire backup which you took, just the essentials like contacts, emails, bbm, browser bookmarks, none of the app permissions, trusted keystore, or other crap, then install a new OS
    03-08-12 12:19 PM
    Ok...I will try this eve and report back. what are trusted keystores?
    03-08-12 12:39 PM
    Ok...I will try this eve and report back. what are trusted keystores?
    Apps that you install also install a trusted key store certificate.

A lot of the times, you will have built up trusted keystores on your backup even from very old blackberrys if you always do the full backup, god knows how many trustedk eystores you currently have installed on your phone if you've switched from an older phone, for apps that you probably don't know about, don't remember, or don't even use

ONLY backup the following using a custome backup rather than full:

- BlackBerry Messenger
    - Browser Bookmarks
    - Contacts
    - Memos
    - Text Messages
    - MMS MEssages (IF you use it, otherwise ignore that too)
    - Tasks (incase you have some tasks scheduled on your Task app otherwise ignore it)

You may have to reenter your email passwords but if you backup messages, then the emails should be there, to be on the safe side, make one full backup, and one custom backup, but only restore the custom backup

Uncheck all the rest, you will have to spend sometime redoing all your options and sound alerts, but it's worth the hassle, I guarantee you it will make a night and day difference because changing so many BlackBerry 9900 devices and so many batteries doesn't make sense, something else is wrong as the majority here are enjoying their 9900s. It is the very few who do this same mistake who are complaining. I never complained since day one as this is how I ALWAYS do my backups and how I always install a new OS. I know it's a pain, but I always wipe completely first, then restore my custom backup, I'd rather spend 30 mins or so setting everything up than have some unknown bu here or there
    03-08-12 12:52 PM
    I usually get 15-16 hours of use on my 9930 which includes lots of email, lot of calls, few BBM's here and there and some web surfing. I dont do facebook or twitter or any other social feed on my phone.

Since you've obviously removed the battery as a potential source of problem - I would try a security wipe to clear out any app that might be causing it. After the wipe, if you are still having problems it could be a warranty issue.
    03-08-12 12:56 PM
    After the wipe, if you are still having problems it could be a warranty issue.

He changed his phone numerous times and the battery so it's certainly not either one of them

it is 100% that he is restoring an old buggy backup which he got from an older BB and is still restoring it on every other 9900 where it has compiled the app permissions, trusted keystores, handheld agent of all the old apps he has ever used
    03-08-12 01:08 PM
    I'm sorry you are having battery issues...but I just don't understand why people are complaining so much about the battery....

I came from owning an Android...the original Galaxy to be exact...and would be lucky to make it 12 hours without having to recharge it or pop in my back up battery.

Finally switched back to BB since I missed the keyboard and I'm finding battery life to be about on par - sometimes I can make it through a whole day without charging it. I am constantly on the phone - I travel and am out of the office a lot so it is the only way to get a hold of me, send around 10,000 texts and BBMs a month, and use email from two different accounts constantly.

I'm always on 4G, but use wifi at home and at the office, backlight is on 20, have a facebook account with updates, BeWeather (3 hr updates), two email accounts (10min updates), ScoreMobile (just updates on three teams), and run BBM Music probably an hr a day.

I never charge it overnight, usually an hr before I sleep I place it on the charger - then unplug it and set it to turn back on when I wake up. I don't know if people have bad batteries, have to much on direct push, running twitter and facebook and weather apps with updates every minute....but compared to the iphone or an Android phone...the battery on the 9900 is no worse.
    03-08-12 01:20 PM
    He changed his phone numerous times and the battery so it's certainly not either one of them

it is 100% that he is restoring an old buggy backup which he got from an older BB and is still restoring it on every other 9900 where it has compiled the app permissions, trusted keystores, handheld agent of all the old apps he has ever used
    03-08-12 01:29 PM
    I'm sorry you are having battery issues...but I just don't understand why people are complaining so much about the battery....

I came from owning an Android...the original Galaxy to be exact...and would be lucky to make it 12 hours without having to recharge it or pop in my back up battery.

Finally switched back to BB since I missed the keyboard and I'm finding battery life to be about on par - sometimes I can make it through a whole day without charging it. I am constantly on the phone - I travel and am out of the office a lot so it is the only way to get a hold of me, send around 10,000 texts and BBMs a month, and use email from two different accounts constantly.

I'm always on 4G, but use wifi at home and at the office, backlight is on 20, have a facebook account with updates, BeWeather (3 hr updates), two email accounts (10min updates), ScoreMobile (just updates on three teams), and run BBM Music probably an hr a day.

I never charge it overnight, usually an hr before I sleep I place it on the charger - then unplug it and set it to turn back on when I wake up. I don't know if people have bad batteries, have to much on direct push, running twitter and facebook and weather apps with updates every minute....but compared to the iphone or an Android phone...the battery on the 9900 is no worse.
    this point is null and void! who cares about being on par with apples or droids, we are talking about quality we come to expect from blackberry. I had a 9550 then 9780, now a 9900. and as bad as i thought the 9550 was i was able to take it off charger @7am b4 work and make it home without getting into the yellow bar. with the 9780 i cud go 2 whole days without worring, now with my 9900 with the same apps as before, same settings and if i take it off charger @7am im in the red by 2-3pm. i have to walk with a charger at work. god forbid i forget it and get stranded or blow a tire on my way home, how can i call for help. or even something as simple as stopping by the bar after work the battery will be dead before i get home.
    03-08-12 01:46 PM
    Excellent advice and suggestions. I will do the "custom" backup, wipe, and restore and report back.
    03-08-12 01:53 PM
    this point is null and void! who cares about being on par with apples or droids, we are talking about quality we come to expect from blackberry. I had a 9550 then 9780, now a 9900. and as bad as i thought the 9550 was i was able to take it off charger @7am b4 work and make it home without getting into the yellow bar. with the 9780 i cud go 2 whole days without worring, now with my 9900 with the same apps as before, same settings and if i take it off charger @7am im in the red by 2-3pm. i have to walk with a charger at work. god forbid i forget it and get stranded or blow a tire on my way home, how can i call for help. or even something as simple as stopping by the bar after work the battery will be dead before i get home.
    Buy a car charger. Everytime you get in the car after work, plug it in. The 9900/9930 charges pretty fast, so no worries!
    03-08-12 05:32 PM
    Apps that you install also install a trusted key store certificate.

A lot of the times, you will have built up trusted keystores on your backup even from very old blackberrys if you always do the full backup, god knows how many trustedk eystores you currently have installed on your phone if you've switched from an older phone, for apps that you probably don't know about, don't remember, or don't even use

ONLY backup the following using a custome backup rather than full:

- BlackBerry Messenger
    - Browser Bookmarks
    - Contacts
    - Memos
    - Text Messages
    - MMS MEssages (IF you use it, otherwise ignore that too)
    - Tasks (incase you have some tasks scheduled on your Task app otherwise ignore it)

You may have to reenter your email passwords but if you backup messages, then the emails should be there, to be on the safe side, make one full backup, and one custom backup, but only restore the custom backup

Uncheck all the rest, you will have to spend sometime redoing all your options and sound alerts, but it's worth the hassle, I guarantee you it will make a night and day difference because changing so many BlackBerry 9900 devices and so many batteries doesn't make sense, something else is wrong as the majority here are enjoying their 9900s. It is the very few who do this same mistake who are complaining. I never complained since day one as this is how I ALWAYS do my backups and how I always install a new OS. I know it's a pain, but I always wipe completely first, then restore my custom backup, I'd rather spend 30 mins or so setting everything up than have some unknown bu here or there

I'm in the process of updating it (9900) with current version (7.0.0 xxxx). I hope that getting rid of applications that I initially installed on my old 9700 will make a difference. X fingers! I will let you all know the results.
    03-08-12 08:41 PM
    I have done a select restore after a security wipe. Now meterberry is down to 8.3% from 16%. Better, however not as good as other postings i have seen. Thanks all for your help.
    03-09-12 11:35 AM
    I have done a select restore after a security wipe. Now meterberry is down to 8.3% from 16%. Better, however not as good as other postings i have seen. Thanks all for your help.
    If you have installed .267 give it a few days.

.267 is the first OS7 I have installed that really has taken a few days to settle down battery wise.

Don't forget to do a few battery pulls too. Many say that this helps.
    phead65 likes this.
    03-09-12 11:39 AM
    I have now tried 5 different batteries, and 3 different devices. I have no apps running in the background. I have tried numerous operating systems. Meterberry gives me a dsicharge rate of 17%/ hour, and device analyzer puts it at 8%.....either way, I can't get to noon on an average day.

Very little talktime...maybe 5 minutes maximum, very little internet, but lots of emails through BES.

If you think about so many people aren't having an issue so maybe it something else wrong its definitely not RIM!

This is absurd.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-09-12 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD