I got the 9930 from Verizon unlocked but when I connect to the ATT network it only connects to Edge and has no 3G service. Also Blackberry service only worked when I connected to Wi-Fi. Is there any solution out of this problem, or do I need to get the 9900 or would this also not help.
    09-06-11 05:41 PM
    I don't think a 9930 would work because its a cdma device and att is a gsm. There is no solution for this

As for your other problem do you have a blackberry data plan or a regular one because you needd a blackberry one for it to work with the carrier.
    09-06-11 05:54 PM
    I have a blackberry plan with it, but the 9930 comes gsm capable too
    09-06-11 06:29 PM
    Kaps...it will not have 3G service only EDGE. The 3G bands required for ATT are not included in the radio stack for the VZW even though it is GSM. I am planning on doing the same exact thing as you when i recieve my phone this coming monday from VZW. My question for you is what does and does not work besides 3G for you? Can you still bbm, send mms messages and texts??
    09-06-11 06:31 PM
    i did this and i was able to bbm and email but what happens att computer system reads its a none att device and sometimes kicks you off the bb data even if u go online and it says u have it u might not u gotta call att to make sure.
    09-06-11 06:48 PM
    Sigh. A 9930 does not have access to the GSM bands that AT&T uses for its 3G and data connections. No matter how hard you try, you cannot get passed a hardware-based block.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-11 07:32 PM
    Could I have both att and verizon active on the same phone? That would be amazing

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-06-11 07:44 PM
    Could I have both att and verizon active on the same phone? That would be amazing

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    You can but its really not worth the price. It would be over $100 a month depending on what plans you get. You would need a Verizon plan and an AT&T plan. You would then have to change the network to whatever one you wanted to use. GSM for AT&T. CDMA for Verizon.
    09-06-11 08:34 PM
    You would only receive 3G overseas.
    09-06-11 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD