After my last software update I now have the option to enable mobile hotspot on the manage connections screen. If I turn on the mobile hotspot will I be charged extra or is it an included feature with the phone? I've got Verizon by the way.
    01-22-12 02:16 PM
    It will tell you before it tries to charge you.

I think most are charged. Some plans have it for free though.
    01-22-12 02:18 PM
    Call verizon and ask.

From what I have read, every provider is different and also each dataplan from a provider is different in regards to tethering/mobile hotspot.
    01-22-12 02:24 PM
    I really don't get the whole hotspots/teathering plans. Most Androids have them and don't charge on T-Mobile, but BB even with the new 7.1 update which allows wifi hotspot now charges 9.99 for hotspot and 14.99 for tethering. Rep at T-Mobile was pointing out this one is free, so is this one.....but BB, no go, same with Windows phone.

Will be a dealbreaker for me if I get charged if purchasing a 9900. Will just stick with an Android if that is the case.

Shame really...leaches already make a good amount of us. Just keep on sucking us broke.
    Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    01-22-12 04:00 PM
    Verizon does charge for using mobile HotSpot. You can turn the option on and check. The worst that will happen is it will send you to a web page telling you the cost and allowing you to sign up for the additional plan and cost. Also note that hotspot consumes a lot of battery power
    01-22-12 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD