Our company switched to Google Apps for mail, calendar, etc. I also receive a lot of error notifications, so I created a folder for that, and filter the messages into that folder. The problem is that my Blackberry puts all messages in one folder.

I read I could solve this with folder redirection.

But when I want to select the folder that it should use, I see my Google Apps folder (also an Inbox), and my Blackberry Inbox and Spam folder. The Blackberry folders I can choose by pressing menu key and then "Choose folder". For the Google Apps folders, I cannot choose them! I can select them, and then it opens the folder, but I cannot set the redirect for these folders.

I would like only to have the Inbox messages, not the messages from the sub folders. Any idea's how I can manage this?
    12-05-12 02:30 AM
    Folder redirection only works when connected to a BES or BESx server.

Do you have your Gmail being pulled into the universal inbox or a separate inbox? When in the dedicated inbox for Gmail the enhanced Gmail plugin should be active - as long as 'hide filed items is ticked in the message options oj the device the emails put in that folder will not appear in the Gmail specific inbox (the enhanced Gmail plugin does not work on the universal inbox).

This also assumes that you have these emails set to archive when the rule moves them so they are not left in the inbox.
    rolandow likes this.
    12-05-12 03:41 AM
    Thanks james. I configured the account with the "Gmail" settings provided by Blackberry. I do have a seperate icon for this account, but I also see the messages in my main "Messages" list. So I think they are pulled in the universal box. I am not sure where I can change this, and: if I change this, will the BB automatically start using the enhanched Gmail plugin then?

I changed the setting at "Manage what to see in Inbox". My BB is in dutch, so I hope I translated correctly. So I unticked this e-mail account. Now will it switch to the enhanced Gmail plugin?

I did set the folder in gmail to skip the inbox, and archive the message. So that should be correct.
    12-05-12 04:15 AM
    Do you still see the filed messages in the gmail specific inbox? When you are in that inbox and press the menu key do you see options to archive or apply labels?
    12-05-12 07:09 AM
    Yes, I do see the messages, and I do see the Archive and Apply labels option.

Can you please guide me how I can use it as dedicated box, so that it will use the Gmail enhanched plugin again? Shoudln't I check if I even have this plugin, or do all BB 9900's have them?
    12-06-12 06:14 AM
    If you see the Archive and Apply Labels options then the gmail plug in is active - it is normally pushed to the device when you add a gmail account.

If you have already unticked your gmail account so it does not show in the universal inbox then you can just go ahead and use the dedicated gmail inbox icon. In Message Options there should be an option to "hide filed mail" - this should "hide" the filed emails that are folders. One thing to note, although they will not appear in the inbox view of the gmail inbox, the unread count will still show them as unread.
    12-06-12 07:07 AM