I dropped my Bold 9900 in a parking lot. It was in the holster and so only one corner got scuffed.

So I came to CrackBerry and did a search, and voila! http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l-band-678366/

Anyhow, to make a long story short, I took the phone apart (there are only six screws -- and lots of videos on Youtube -- it's easy), and sanded the scuffs off with 220-grit sandpaper. Then I sanded out all of the other little light scuffs and scratches. The side of the bezel looked great, but the mirror finish on the shiny top side of the bezel was ruined in a couple of places.

So I read a little more on the internet, and someone, somewhere, recommended "Autosol" metal polish. You can get it at Canadian Tire if you're in Canada. I taped off the side of the bezel with electrical tape, used a linen rag and polished the top with the Autosol polish. It took a while, but restored that mirror-like finish perfectly.

If I was doing it again, I'd use 300 or 400 grit on the side of the bezel and then Autosol on the top. I think a finer grit sandpaper would make it easier to polish the top afterwards.

I wish I had before/after pics, but to be honest, I didn't think it was going to work, and had a new bezel on my eBay watch list.
    10-25-14 06:10 PM
    glad to hear you got it all fixed up!
    10-25-14 06:16 PM