For the last 3 weeks my Bold 9900 was dead, woke up one morning and the led was flahing and the screen was black, tried everything but nothing worked.
    Almost everyday I tried updating the OS but it stuck on 'Reconnecting to JVM' every time.

Today, I downloaded the Leaked .540 OS and tried it again...and again it stuck on ' Reconnecting to JVM' so I pulled the battery, waited till the Led turned off and pressed 'Try Again' and put the battery back in...couple of seconds later the keyboard lights lit up and the phone started to boot and the OS install continued and finished...the 9900 is now up and running!

Really dont know what triggered it to let me update the OS this time...but it works!
    So it is a software issue and it is fixable.
    salexs11 and xamr1 like this.
    11-15-11 03:03 PM
    good stuff!
    11-15-11 03:16 PM
    Glad to hear you got it finally,

I think the fact the phones are starting
    to boot with the LED showing pointed to OS issues anyway, Sounds
    like you did the best thing in persevering with it.
    11-15-11 03:29 PM
    glad you got it working, that is how it should work, but in all 3 instances for me it didn't and a replacement was needed
    11-15-11 03:30 PM
    i have tried with my 9930 but nothing works

Please help
    11-15-11 03:36 PM
    dont really know what to tell u...in the pas 3 weeks I' ve tried it like a 100 times till it finally worked
    11-15-11 03:56 PM
    You're not the 1st I've seen able to bring their dead (red led - reboot cycle) berry back to life.

Seems like there is only a fraction of a second at a specific point in the reboot cycle that you have to hit in order for the phone to be recognized and the OS re-load to start.

Seems to be trail and error... and a lot of patience

Edit: more info here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...3/#post6832787
    Last edited by fnord; 11-15-11 at 04:06 PM.
    11-15-11 04:01 PM
    And where do we get .540 I only see on this site a link to 503.

Today I returned the blackberry bold so that they give me a new one.

It is great to know that this nightmare has an ending, I am sure that blackberry is doing everything they can to end this problem.

The more we speak about this issue the faster blackberry will release a fix.
    11-15-11 04:09 PM
    And where do we get .540 I only see on this site a link to 503.

Today I returned the blackberry bold so that they give me a new one.

It is great to know that this nightmare has an ending, I am sure that blackberry is doing everything they can to end this problem.

The more we speak about this issue the faster blackberry will release a fix.
    Scroll down to the leaked/unofficial section: http://crackberry.com/blackberry-os
    11-15-11 04:40 PM
    Good to hear that you got it fixed!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-11 05:24 PM
    i have tried with my 9930 but nothing works

Please help
    9930 newest OS is .374. Its possible RIM has some new code in the newer OS versions to help loading the OS under these poor conditions. Obviously just a guess. Hopefully a newer OS for the 9930 will appear soon.
    11-15-11 06:41 PM
    Version .540 was released today?

Also after you reinstall this OS you will lost all your information inside the device or it is possible to recover photos and documents using undelete software.
    11-15-11 09:56 PM
    sweet! im going to try reloading my bricked 9900 tomorrow
    11-15-11 11:11 PM
    sweet! im going to try reloading my bricked 9900 tomorrow
    Keep us updated. Seems 2 people already confirmed they revived their bricked 9900s with .540's. If true, it's surprising that sw fixes this. That would actually be great news.
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    11-15-11 11:58 PM
    I managed to do this too. My phone went nuts when i tried to upgrade to .540, turned off, then the "nightmare" came true. Screen off and slow blinking red light. I tried several times ( lost the count) to reload the os, using loader.exe /nojvm. Loader saw the phone but always got stuck at different stages of the os installation. I kept trying, disconnected the phone, removed battery many times and finally it worked! Now everything is back to normal!
    So, just try and see. Maybe it's not bricked after all , even if it looks that way.
    Last edited by balenax; 11-16-11 at 01:03 AM.
    11-16-11 01:00 AM
    9930 newest OS is .374. Its possible RIM has some new code in the newer OS versions to help loading the OS under these poor conditions. Obviously just a guess. Hopefully a newer OS for the 9930 will appear soon.

i tried but same
    11-16-11 04:27 AM
    I managed to do this too. My phone went nuts when i tried to upgrade to .540, turned off, then the "nightmare" came true. Screen off and slow blinking red light. I tried several times ( lost the count) to reload the os, using loader.exe /nojvm. Loader saw the phone but always got stuck at different stages of the os installation. I kept trying, disconnected the phone, removed battery many times and finally it worked! Now everything is back to normal!
    So, just try and see. Maybe it's not bricked after all , even if it looks that way.

same here. And I also used the CMD loader /nojvm (Click here if you dont know how)
    11-16-11 10:42 AM
    If you can't revive your bold 9900 with the .540 update try in another machine, I have seen different results while trying to revive my bold 9900, for example in a mac computer I got different messages than in a windows 7 computer.

I read this post some hours after I returned thembold for a new one but I am sure that my 3rd bold 9900 will brick again and then I am going to test this software.
    11-16-11 10:49 AM
    didn't work for me with the latest OS on the 9930. hopefully this fixes it for all the 9900's out there and moving forward will be keeping eyes open for leaked os and try it on the 9930
    11-16-11 02:09 PM
    I could be wrong, but I don't think reviving your device is related to the latest OS (ie: I don't think RIM added a "fix"). It is more timing when following the steps to bring it back. There is only a very small window for your PC to catch the phone before it reboots.

Keep trying and you might eventually get lucky!
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-16-11 03:29 PM
    I could be wrong, but I don't think reviving your device is related to the latest OS (ie: I don't think RIM added a "fix"). It is more timing when following the steps to bring it back. There is only a very small window for your PC to catch the phone before it reboots.

Keep trying and you might eventually get lucky!
    Unless they have updated the software package to work better with devices with connection problems.

Why are many of you trying this fix with your 9930? The software isn't compatible. Let's wait for a higher build.
    11-16-11 03:53 PM
    Congratulation to hear it. It seems the brick Bold 9900 is simply a software problem.
    11-17-11 12:21 AM
    ok guys, i fixed my 9900 on the latest 540 build too. I am over the moon for this. Well done to the guys who tried and it worked. Looks like the 9900 wasnt bricked after all. Lucky i didnt send for mother board replacement. lol

Anyway, just use loader.exe and it takes few tries to get it working. Its the timing of the batt when you put in.

Atm, i am the happiest person on CB
    11-17-11 04:17 AM
    Last night I tried the procedure for 50 times to no avail.
    Can you be more specific as to when exactly do you plug the battery in?
    11-17-11 05:47 AM
    Last night I tried the procedure for 50 times to no avail.
    Can you be more specific as to when exactly do you plug the battery in?
    Time for a video tutorial.
    Sim_1 likes this.
    11-17-11 06:01 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD