So I have had the iphone since the original all the way up to the iP4 and switched to Android a little less than a year ago. Ive always wanted to try BB but the lack of power and functionality have kept me away. Needless to say I am selling my T-bolt and buying a 9930. I finally feel like I will have an 'adult' phone that still will offer some cool features and functions. From all the videos and reviews of the 9930 im excited and I think its gonna be just the perfect blend of productivity and fun ive been looking for. Never ever thought I would actually be switching to BB cause ive been an avid Android user since i picked one up but I am reeeeally excited to own my first BB and finally feel like a damn grown up. Haha.

Any advice with switching over? This is my first BB and ill have no idea what ill be doing. What are some must have apps? What are some apps that will help the transition? Any and all advice will greatly be appreciated. Really looking forward to that keyboard BTW lol
    08-18-11 03:13 AM
    First of all, welcome to the BlackBerry community, and to Crackberry!

For your app question, some of my favorites for the 9930/9900 include:
    Wikitude
    Poynt
    QuickLaunch (launcher app that you can customize with your most used apps for quick access)
    BerryWeather
    BeBuzz (lets you change the color of the LED light for different incoming messages)
    LeaveItOn (pop-ups when you get a message, kinda like the iPhone, you can have a little preview of the message, etc)
    Google Maps
    Whats App (cross-platform messenger like BBM)
    Facebook and Twitter
    Blackberry Travel and Blackberry Traffic (really well put together apps that are great for people on the go!)
    ScoreMobile if you are a sports fan
    Blackberry Protect! (can find your phone if you lost it, and you can backup your device.

And some apps that aren't on the new Bold yet, but should be coming soon... (I hope!)
    Pandora
    Photobucket Mobile
    Shazam
    ScanLife (or some sort of barcode scanner)
    Urbanspoon

keyboard on this device is amazing, and even though the screen may be smaller than your average Android device and the iPhone, its actually quite spacious!

The messaging system on the Blackberry is also amazing, in my opinion. You have everything all in one place, and in separate places (all your emails, texts, facebook, twitter, bbms etc etc etc are all in one messages folder, but you can have your emails/texts separate as well if you don't like the all inclusive).

BBM is great, one of the main reasons I stick with Blackberry also. Great to stay connected with friends and associates.

Welcome again, and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask! We have an awesome community here!
    Last edited by SaMaster14; 08-18-11 at 04:07 AM.
    08-18-11 04:04 AM
    Welcome to BlackBerry and to CrackBerry forums, the best of both their worlds. For lots of fine information to get you off to a good BB start check out http://crackberry.com/blackberry-help And if questions persist, ask. Enjoy.
    08-18-11 10:25 AM
    First of all, welcome to the BlackBerry community, and to Crackberry!

For your app question, some of my favorites for the 9930/9900 include:
    Wikitude
    Poynt
    QuickLaunch (launcher app that you can customize with your most used apps for quick access)
    BerryWeather
    BeBuzz (lets you change the color of the LED light for different incoming messages)
    LeaveItOn (pop-ups when you get a message, kinda like the iPhone, you can have a little preview of the message, etc)
    Google Maps
    Whats App (cross-platform messenger like BBM)
    Facebook and Twitter
    Blackberry Travel and Blackberry Traffic (really well put together apps that are great for people on the go!)
    ScoreMobile if you are a sports fan
    Blackberry Protect! (can find your phone if you lost it, and you can backup your device.

And some apps that aren't on the new Bold yet, but should be coming soon... (I hope!)
    Pandora
    Photobucket Mobile
    Shazam
    ScanLife (or some sort of barcode scanner)
    Urbanspoon

keyboard on this device is amazing, and even though the screen may be smaller than your average Android device and the iPhone, its actually quite spacious!

The messaging system on the Blackberry is also amazing, in my opinion. You have everything all in one place, and in separate places (all your emails, texts, facebook, twitter, bbms etc etc etc are all in one messages folder, but you can have your emails/texts separate as well if you don't like the all inclusive).

BBM is great, one of the main reasons I stick with Blackberry also. Great to stay connected with friends and associates.

Welcome again, and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask! We have an awesome community here!
    Cant thank you enough for the info, thats exactly what i was looking for!
    08-18-11 11:28 AM
    I am having a lot of fun with Wikitude on my 9930. Great app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 11:36 AM
    Cant thank you enough for the info, thats exactly what i was looking for!
    Of course, no problem.

Feel free to ask if you have any more questions! I'm loving my new 9930!
    08-18-11 03:10 PM
    Only you can answer that question, keep your tbolt for a bit and see if you really want to keep the blackberry.
    08-18-11 03:17 PM
    congrats on your new BB, i cant help but chuckle though at eh adult phone thing lol..seriously? you really are a new BB user..
    08-18-11 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD