So my first bb is going to be the bold touch 9900 any tips or info on what i have to do? can i root my phone to get rid of unwanted apps or how do i download new software stuff like that
    08-09-11 08:39 PM
    So my first bb is going to be the bold touch 9900 any tips or info on what i have to do? can i root my phone to get rid of unwanted apps or how do i download new software stuff like that
    Yea, same thing with me. I've never had a BlackBerry before and the 9930 will be my first as well. Any info will be welcomed.
    08-09-11 09:33 PM
    LOL Same Here guys!
    08-09-11 09:35 PM
    No, you can't root your device and install new ROMs like Android. The closest you'll get to rooting is installing hybrids.
    Also, you can't get "rid" of unwanted applications because they're usually carrier pushed. (I'm assuming it's the same for OS7?)

You can install leaked OS's when they start being released.
    08-09-11 09:38 PM

Sorry BlackBerry's don't have the vulnerability that allows them to be rooted,

They do allow Custom "Hybrid" OS's to be installed which are basically modified OS's to include parts of other released OS's, still not Rooted.

Deleting unwanted apps can be done from your desktop manager, there are probably tutorials in BlackBerry 101 on this site to help you there,
    OR you just hide the apps

Go to App World, or find OTA links to download apps/software you want, the 9900 has a little over 3000 apps right now as I am checking my 9900's app world.
    08-09-11 09:41 PM
    No, you can't root your device and install new ROMs like Android. The closest you'll get to rooting is installing hybrids.
    Also, you can't get "rid" of unwanted applications because they're usually carrier pushed. (I'm assuming it's the same for OS7?)

You can install leaked OS's when they start being released.
    Well you actually Can get rid of unwanted applications or the CODs it's said in the Blackberry 101 thread post......but I highly Not recommend it because I had to replace my First Torch for a New one a month ago because I had an "Incomplete Wake Up" is what Service Tech called it, while trying to update with a new OS even after deleting unwanted apps.
    08-09-11 09:43 PM
    You can always use the BBSAK or BlackBerry swiss army knife on your desktop. Just be very, very, VERY careful when using it. Its the best way to get a clean install on your BlackBerry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-11 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD