There's nothing I hate more than dropping my new phone - and putting up with the subtle insecurities that soon follow.

Today for instance - I dropped my new Berry I almost came to tears when I saw the scuff on the metal bezel, as soon as it hit the gravel I knew what I had done.

It was in its leather wallet though so luckily it received no fatal damage. However (and this is the part about insecurities) since dropping it I can't help but feel the phone is being sluggish. Now I openly concede that it could just be my mind playing tricks on me (as it tends to do in these types of cases more often than not), but I am just wondering if I could have damaged anything internally?

It was not a huge drop, just from my waist hight to the gravel floor. But still, being my new toy it breaks my heart to have already put a nice big scuff on it haha.

Are these Berrys sturdy devices or should I be worried that perhaps its not my mind.

(excuse any typos and errors, its rather late over here)

Tyler
    12-15-11 10:09 AM
    Based on my personal experience and my wife's clumsiness the vote goes for sturdy. The 9810 has not yet been dropped but every Berry before left my hands for concrete floors, driveways, and other hard surfaces. The only damage to date was scuffs on the bezel. Every one is still alive and ticking today. Keep the faith.
    12-15-11 10:24 AM
    There's nothing worse than dropping a new phone!
    12-15-11 10:29 AM
    No Offence, but there's alot worst than dropping a new phone !
    12-15-11 11:01 AM
    Granted you have a solid point - I was just very frustrated with myself. Haha.
    12-15-11 11:04 AM
    Yes we could fail to remove Obama from office
    bgriff25 likes this.
    12-15-11 11:22 AM

I suppose poor grammar is worse
    tyler_JC likes this.
    12-15-11 11:45 AM
    There's nothing I hate more than dropping my new phone - and putting up with the subtle insecurities that soon follow.

Today for instance - I dropped my new Berry I almost came to tears when I saw the scuff on the metal bezel, as soon as it hit the gravel I knew what I had done.

It was in its leather wallet though so luckily it received no fatal damage. However (and this is the part about insecurities) since dropping it I can't help but feel the phone is being sluggish. Now I openly concede that it could just be my mind playing tricks on me (as it tends to do in these types of cases more often than not), but I am just wondering if I could have damaged anything internally?

It was not a huge drop, just from my waist hight to the gravel floor. But still, being my new toy it breaks my heart to have already put a nice big scuff on it haha.

Are these Berrys sturdy devices or should I be worried that perhaps its not my mind.

Tyler
    this happens with everyone, i am also very meticulous about such small things like you mate, but what i have learned over the years is that materialistic things should not be worried about in fact you go ahead use your phone without any worries, if its damage you can't do anything about it and if it's not then why waste your mind on useless issues. Its probably a cosmetic damage, if it worries you that much get a new bezel from true supplier.
    12-15-11 12:36 PM

Tyler

Your mind is playing tricks with you. There is nothing wrong with your phone. My new phone drop twice every week.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    12-15-11 12:37 PM
    I know what you mean I too feel the same way when I get all clumsy thumbs. That being said I have dropped my 9930 and also scarred up my metal bezel ever so slightly, no one else can see it, but I can and that's what matters right?

I can tell you it's prob just your mind playing tricks on you, I too felt the same way, but now I can see that it's still moving along just fine.

It is good to know that I am not the only nut case in here
    12-15-11 12:56 PM
    I don't even have to drop mine to have insecurities, usually happens to me with new stuff, like a sort of OCD. At the moment I've convinced myself that the Blackberry button is not right because it doesn't click like the back button, it hardly makes a sound when I press it but the back button audibly clicks, everything works fine, but this insignificant detail really gets to me. I'll get over it eventually. When I *do* drop it, then I'll get real big insecurities! I think a fair few people do.
    12-15-11 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD