Having a similar issue on my 9900. I live in Toronto, Canada and on Rogers network. Just an hour or two ago I noticed my bbm wasn't going thru so I check my signal and it was sitting on SOS. So I turn of network and turn it back on, no use. Tried turning automatic network selection to Manual and after searching for list of network only found Bell and Telus but not Rogers. Also on a side note when I first checked network it was sitting on Telus.

Now this is maybe the second time I've seen it happen on the same day and at first I was at home and 2nd at work. Just to let you know before hand I have excellent coverage at both places with Rogers on this and other phones.

I'm on a hybrid of .545 and .580 which is so called the "best and most stable" of them all.

The only thing that fixes this is a batt pull. I'm on my 3rd 9900 thanks to the extended warranty I purchased from Futureshop and all of em have been brand new devices!
    01-17-12 01:57 AM
    why don't you try a pure .540 build? so far it's one of the best builds, with good battery and radio. maybe it's the hybrid thingie that drives your bold nuts.
    01-17-12 02:02 AM
    why don't you try a pure .540 build? so far it's one of the best builds, with good battery and radio. maybe it's the hybrid thingie that drives your bold nuts.
    I did have .540 installed before and I saw good reviews about the hybrid from many users so I was finally convinced about it. See the thing I hate about upgrading is you have to start from scratch meaning installing your apps again, cause when restore it them with a backup you run into more problems. At least I have in the past, therefore I always do a "clean" update.
    01-17-12 02:10 AM
    I did have .540 installed before and I saw good reviews about the hybrid from many users so I was finally convinced about it. See the thing I hate about upgrading is you have to start from scratch meaning installing your apps again, cause when restore it them with a backup you run into more problems. At least I have in the past, therefore I always do a "clean" update.
    I always do a clean update to but also I went back to latest official OS from my carrier, Vodafone UK. Using hybrids is at your own risk I'm afraid.
    01-17-12 02:36 AM
    I always do a clean update to but also I went back to latest official OS from my carrier, Vodafone UK. Using hybrids is at your own risk I'm afraid.
    Yes I'm aware of the fact that its at our own risk but the thing is I'm not the only one having this issue. There's atleast 3 other threads I've noticed all posted recently and people from UK, UAE and India are having a similar problem and they all have pure OS'es most of em up to date.

I hate how RIM didn't address the bricking or any other issues with the 9900 at CES.
    01-17-12 03:38 AM
    I agree. Or you can give .590 atry, it also has been a super experience for me.
    01-17-12 07:53 AM

Where do I find the best .540 build? I can only find the latest firmwares in the stickies?
    01-17-12 08:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD