I got my 9900 in the mail from tmobile and upon opening the box I noticed what i believe was a slight physical defect (as seen in the attached photo).Attachment 98059
    I debated in my head wether it was a defect or not? It was driving me crazy! I hate to think I spent top dollar on a device that came with a flaw. It might not have affected the device's function within the 14 day return policy, but who knows down the road.

Anyway, the anomilie on the device was bugging me enough to want to return and exchange it for another one. Maybe I was being picky, but I just wanted what I paid for (a quality built device).

What are reasons you've sent back your 9900? List your reasons and photos here so people that get their new 9900's can compare and double check to make sure their device is not flawed.

Software issue?
    Bricked issue?
    Aesthetic issue?
    Hardware issue?
    Any tests out there to make sure software is not flawed?

what do i look for within the first 14 days return policy window once i get my replacement device to make sure it's not flawed in any way?
    12-03-11 04:13 PM
    The plastic radio cover was probably misaligned by your carrier when they added their branding.

I haven't had any problems at all with my 9900, it's pretty much perfect imo.
    malanis5 likes this.
    12-03-11 04:41 PM
    If you are not happy then it is your choice. BlackBerry quality control is something RIM has yet to figure out.
    malanis5 likes this.
    12-03-11 06:02 PM
    It's your phone. Only you can decide how much something will bother you. If you don't like it, exchange it.
    malanis5 likes this.
    12-03-11 06:09 PM
    Mine protrudes too. :-(

Very weird. I just went to truesuppliers to see their alternative bezels. They provide close up views at different angles. Those pictures have the same protruding piece. Either its part of the design or they used a defective model to make their product.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by awalizad; 12-03-11 at 08:19 PM.
    malanis5 likes this.
    12-03-11 06:51 PM
    My thrid BB Bold 9900 still have some defects. My very first one, light bleed from that exact same bottom plate... The second one had keyboard issues where I press one button, it inputs two entries...

Within first 2 weeks I had to change mine 2 times. So, if you are not happy, exchange it. It is your choice. I did and I still think that I have an issue with the screen now. The screen seems to be bit raised compared to the keyboard.

Anyway, it is your call.
    malanis5 likes this.
    12-03-11 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD