Finding App Files
I recently installed an app. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of where I could find the directory on my blackberry where the files for that app are saved. I tried looking through the explorer on the handset itself as well as opening it from my desktop.
- 01-24-13, 02:55 PM #2
What type of files are you looking for? The app's installation files are found under Device > Application Management. However if the app stores information, that could be in a folder anywhere in the device memory, or on your SD card.
Make sure you've selected 'show hidden' if you're using the Files App to search for them.
I'm looking for config files. Are they not in a centralized place? And I do have show hidden on. I stumbled upon a couple of applications directories but only a handful and not the one I was looking for on the SD card. Is there no way to check the path of an application's installation on the handset?
- CrackBerry Genius
01-24-13, 09:00 PM #9
- 3,644 Posts
Apps can store data in a file on micro SD card, in a file on device memory, or as a persistent object.
If last one is used to store data, you are not able to find or copy it.
Apps with Store/Restore functions usually copy their persistent objects in a file on micro SD card or in the file system on the device.
- By emilyjean05 in forum PlayBook Android App SideloadingReplies: 0Last Post: 01-25-12, 01:12 PM
- By banderberg in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 25Last Post: 07-27-09, 10:39 PM
- By banderberg in forum Storm OS DiscussionReplies: 25Last Post: 07-27-09, 10:39 PM
- By twong05 in forum Storm OS DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 04-14-09, 04:28 PM
- By twong05 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 04-14-09, 04:28 PM