So Ive ordered new 9900 after having Xperia phone and biggest con people mention is the phone having very poor battery life. But most of the reviews are from 7.0 OS, so did anything change with 7.1 and how good is your battery? can it go through a day?
    05-06-13 04:40 AM
    So Ive ordered new 9900 after having Xperia phone and biggest con people mention is the phone having very poor battery life. But most of the reviews are from 7.0 OS, so did anything change with 7.1 and how good is your battery? can it go through a day?
    it has improved from the OS7, but not a lot.

yes it can easily last through the day, with moderate to heavy use. if you are on it constantly don't expect anything more than 5-6 hrs.

BTW, why did you not get a Q10 or a Z10, they have a bigger battery and come with a better OS.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    05-06-13 06:21 AM
    As usual, it all depends on the usage pattern. During the regular week days I speak a lot on the phone (~2,5 / 3,5 hours) connected to my bluetooth device. I don't use any BBM groups. Messages rather moderate use, and very little web browsing. Facebook and twitter do not automatically refresh at all. I definitely get through the day, off the charger at 7.30 am and with something between 20 - 25% battery left at 9 pm
    Just in case I would be out of possibility of charging, I keep my spare battery charged, but I actually did not have to use it for months (so I just put it in it sometimes to discharge it and charge it again...
    You did not say how you use your phone. When looking through the forum you can notice then active refreshing of status in BBM groups can be tough on the battery. The signal strength is also very important.

So actually there is many aspects to be considered. But I can confirm taht the battery life has been greatly improved in 7.1 in comparison to 7.0

EDIT: forgot to mention: during weekends I talk much less on my mobile: off the charger Saturday 9am and no need to plug it in until Sunday evening...
    05-07-13 03:07 AM
    the battery and stand for one day if you are not a heavy user. and i found that my 9900 lasts even longer after being used for a couple of months. I usually charge the battery through the night and sometimes have it charged every other day. that is to say, my battery can easily last for 24 even 36 hours after regularly used!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    05-07-13 05:59 AM
    My battery in my 9900 usually struggles to get through the day. However, I don't utilize the battery saving feature until my phone is down to 20% and my brightness is at 100%. I also use BeBuzz which probably wastes a lot of battery too. So if you're a heavy user like me, I recommend getting the spare battery of Shop CrackBerry.
    05-07-13 06:47 PM