Hey yall,
    Notifications for facebook have unexpectedly stopped working on my 9900. By that I mean that I no longer get notified of likes, comments etc. Is anyone else having these issues, or is it just me? Haven't tried doing a battery pull yet, thought I'd try & get some tips or see if it's affected anyone else before doing so. Any tips?
    Thanks
    02-01-12 02:50 PM
    Hey yall,
    Notifications for facebook have unexpectedly stopped working on my 9900. By that I mean that I no longer get notified of likes, comments etc. Is anyone else having these issues, or is it just me? Haven't tried doing a battery pull yet, thought I'd try & get some tips or see if it's affected anyone else before doing so. Any tips?
    Thanks
    Yeah same here, for some reason they're not working.. Can't wait til we get a new update. Sometimes i have to open the notifications in fb app and they do refresh when you open it manually. I find it pretty stupid
    02-01-12 03:08 PM
    just delete, soft restart, install, restart, login
    02-01-12 03:26 PM
    Same here on two BB, maybe something wrong with facebook and they're too busy with the IPO to fix today...
    02-01-12 03:32 PM
    Same here on two BB, maybe something wrong with facebook and they're too busy with the IPO to fix today...
    Hopefully they're working on the new fb update and are gonna release it soon. That's what I heard..
    02-01-12 03:36 PM
    I'm having the same issue, as well as 3 of my pals. Whenever this stuff happens 99% of the time it is an issue with the FB server that takes a day or two to clear up. It is rarely ever BB related, and I seriously doubt it has anything to do with the release of an updated FB application.
    02-01-12 03:38 PM
    I'm having the same issue, as well as 3 of my pals. Whenever this stuff happens 99% of the time it is an issue with the FB server that takes a day or two to clear up. It is rarely ever BB related, and I seriously doubt it has anything to do with the release of an updated FB application.
    That would mean Android and iOS fb apps would have the same issue then, and i dont think that is the case... or is it?
    02-01-12 03:54 PM
    @xalkoholicx

having the same issues on my bold 9900, no issues on my ip4S...
    theonecid likes this.
    02-01-12 04:00 PM
    @xalkoholicx

having the same issues on my bold 9900, no issues on my ip4S...
    Yep so that proves it's the blackberry fb app, and not fb itself.
    02-01-12 04:04 PM
    mines doing the same thing as well
    02-01-12 04:27 PM
    Hopefully they're working on the new fb update and are gonna release it soon. That's what I heard..
    Hope so, I'd like to see a facebook and twitter update very soon as well as 7.1 released by AT&T.

Iphone 4S doesn't have pus notifications, so it pulls it off the server from what I understand. So, I still get notifications through the browser just not the push notifications. Email is working fine, so I'd say it has something to do with facebook and not BB.
    02-01-12 04:41 PM
    I have the problem as well~

Pretty widespread I guess.
    02-01-12 04:46 PM
    I forget which one fixed the fb issue.. But I upgraded my os and I updated fb and now it works beautifully. Honestly I think my os upgrade is what fixed that same exact issue..
    02-01-12 04:49 PM
    I'm pretty sure it is across all Blackberrys. It's not working on my 9930 or my girlfriends 9550, she won't stop bugging me. She keeps telling to go on here (CB) and fix it for her.
    02-01-12 05:10 PM
    um mine is not working too
    02-01-12 05:35 PM
    Yeah, I haven't been getting fb notifications all afternoon. Kinda relieved it isn't just me.
    02-01-12 06:31 PM
    i'm not getting fb notifications either. i also noticed it isn't auto updating the news feed. i have to manually refresh every time. even if i hit 'refresh' when in social feeds, it doesn't work, i have to be in the facebook app. and also, when i have the notifications 'tray' down (with new messages and calendar are displayed) sms messages aren't showing up either. sometimes they do, but it's not the most recent message. i might just do a clean install and see if that fixes it up..
    02-01-12 06:42 PM
    yeah, not getting it too. anyway, i can live without FB notification. too lazy to try reinstalling.
    02-01-12 07:32 PM
    Mine just came in all at one time so hopefully the issue is getting resolved.
    02-01-12 07:34 PM
    Mine started coming in again as well.
    02-01-12 08:11 PM
    Yep... I was just flooded.
    02-01-12 08:34 PM
    Huh. Kinda relieved it isn't just mine that's faulty. But that doesn't really take away the "suckiness" of it all. I actually tried a couple battery pulls, tried uninstalling and reinstalling the FB app, didn't really seem to work. This morning had a bunch of FB notifications that had all come in at the same time, even though they were posted all through the night. I agree with the ones saying it's probably an issue with the FB servers. Hopefully, it's something they'll fix momentarily.
    02-02-12 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD