Hi

I am hoping that someone out there can help me. I have just upgraded from an Android phone to the Blackberry Bold 9900. Everything is working fine - I am receiving emails, texts etc, however, it would appear that I am not receiving my facebook notifications.

If I go into Facebook and turn the email notifications on, I get an email, but it is not feeding into the Facebook app.

I know there isn't a problem with facebook as a few of my friends are on Blackberry and Facebook has been working on theirs tonight (as they have been helping me test mine).

If I open the notification part of the Facebook app, then it pings and the notification pops through, but that means I am constantly loading the notification bit to find out if I have any comments/posts etc.

Before moving to Blackberry, my Facebook notifications were working fine - I have been receiving them right up until the Blackberry going live.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Facebook on the Blackberry, I have cleared the cache, I have dont battery pulls and I am now lost as to what to try?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    10-28-11 06:23 PM
    Your feeds automatically refresh when you open the app, but there's an option you need to set to update the feeds every X minutes if you haven't directly opened the app, check options, and change the time to something appropriate.
    Broady85 likes this.
    10-28-11 06:25 PM
    Thanks for that.

I do understand that the feeds refresh when you open the app. The quickest automatic refresh rate (within the app) that you can set it to is every 30 mins. I dont mind that but what I dont understand is that my friends phone is set to refresh every 30 mins but regardless of when someone posts a reply to them etc, they get the Blackberry notification within seconds. They arent waiting 30 mins for the next refresh.

Even so, even after the 30 minute refresh, my notifications are not coming through. I have to manually go in to the notification section on the Facebok app.
    10-28-11 06:31 PM
    Delete the app from your BlackBerry. Once you do that, go to Facebook.com from a computer (not your phone) and delete the Facebook app for BlackBerry and the one for Android. Save, close page, then download and reinstall Facebook on your BlackBerry. Not guaranteeing it'll work afterwards* but it's at least a shot. Kind of like a complicated cache-clearing.

Edit: *Facebook will work, this may not solve your issue.
    Last edited by Reubechs; 10-28-11 at 07:52 PM.
    10-28-11 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD