Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Gees97
  • 1 Post By Maxey05
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    333CD502
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Facebook app sucks

This app is crap. After years of using it I've had enough. "An unknown error occured" whenever I try getting on it. I dissconnect my network and re connect it to see if it fixes it and of course It doesn't. And since my battery is yellow (at about 15%) CAN'T reboot cause it'll drop my battery to 5%. And idk If anyone has this type of issue but if someone posts a youtube vid on Facebook it won't work. When I click on it , it says this file cannot be viewed would you like to save it? So this app is officially useless
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    333CD502
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

And I know its not the 9930's fault with the Facebook app but this phone is literally useless unless you simply wanna talk and text. And I see soo many people excited to get a 9930 but why? There's soo many phones out there that actually WORK
    mssca likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,989 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin is a small and pointy object...so it's really not for little ones.

Quote Originally Posted by gees97 View Post
    And I know its not the 9930's fault with the Facebook app but this phone is literally useless unless you simply wanna talk and text. And I see soo many people excited to get a 9930 but why? There's soo many phones out there that actually WORK
    I left BB few days ago due to lack of apps and similar reasons.
    Pearl™ 8130 > Bold™ 9700 (Unlocked) > Bold™ 9900 (Unlocked)
    One step forward, two steps backwards; the Research in (slow) Motion.
    WWW: My Site | Geek Community
    Find my posts useful? Please let me know by clicking Thanks
    CrackBerry Master

I've got a 9900 and the FB app works just fine for me. I'm not too sure what could be causing your issue.

Sent from my Bold 9900.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Common issue! Seems to be luck of the draw. My biggest issue is battery appears full, but then if i use FB app the battery suddenly drains and tells me the phone is shutting down.
    Is there a way from within the FB app to tell when friends were last active? Iphone users now have this function. I can't find it within the blackberry version.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts

I used my ipod touch (which I generally just use for music in the car) to browse the web on wifi yesterday, and holy christ, the difference is immense. Blackberries are absolutely awful at it by comparrison - I'll be swapping over to apple when the contract on my 9900 ends.

Facebook albums, browsing pages... all lightning fast compared to what I'm used to on the BB. Never realised there was such a chasm of difference. Upsetting.
    PROVIDER: OrangeUK
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    16,369 Global Posts

The Facebook app used to work fine, now with the new version I get an occasional server error message. The 9930 is an excellent device. Sorry you're having problems with it.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,199 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mss-ca View Post
    I left BB few days ago due to lack of apps and similar reasons.
    What phone did you get if you don't mind me asking?
    CrackBerry User

What OS build do you use? Updating will most likely fix it Latest OS
    part of the RIMpire
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts

You have to look at what a BlackBerry can do and not what it can't do.. It may not be as fancy as other cool phones, but it does the job. BlackBerry is just for smart people who know how to troubleshoot and who are more in depth with how things work. I have had many issues with my BlackBerrys, but I have also learned so much! It can only get better!!
    andy957 likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    333CD502
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Quote Originally Posted by Maxey05 View Post
    You have to look at what a BlackBerry can do and not what it can't do.. It may not be as fancy as other cool phones, but it does the job. BlackBerry is just for smart people who know how to troubleshoot and who are more in depth with how things work. I have had many issues with my BlackBerrys, but I have also learned so much! It can only get better!!
    Sorry for late reply. For some reasons I don't get all my crackberry emails. I'm using the latest OS 7.1.0.649. Its not the phone because mobile Facebook works fine
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    408 Global Posts

i agree the fb app sucks and you cant even compare it with iphones fb app, it beats the out of blackberry, i cant wait to throw away this crappy 9900 and get myself a nice iphone

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Genius

It had to have been a server issue because the day and time you posted this because I had the same error on my 9930 and on my girlfriends 9550. It has been horrible lately. I end up using the mobile web to browse Facebook 50% of the time.

It is not the app itself. Any good app can turn bad depending on the servers it goes through.
    8330 --> 8530 --> 9550 --> 9930 --> Z10
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    71,214 Global Posts

Facebook sucks. Well in my opinion anyway.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    Woopie Doopie we have em fun
    CrackBerry Abuser

Talking How to make sure the facebook app works.

The latest version of the Facebook application should be working perfectly.
    Make sure the background settings for the applications are on refresh every 3 hours of so to save on battery live. The latest version of the app is 3.2.0.12 make sure you have this because if you don't your running a crappier version.

Download Battery Watch the in the application store. This will tell you what your real battery is in real time so you can compare it to the value of the battery. If the battery suddenly drops like that then your battery may be getting worn out so buy a new one. Or just do a battery pull leave it out a little bit then put in back in a fully charge it.

Problem should now be solved!
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by gibby95 View Post
    Make sure the background settings for the applications are on refresh every 3 hours of so to save on battery live. The latest version of the app is 3.2.0.12 make sure you have this because if you don't your running a crappier version.

Download Battery Watch the in the application store. This will tell you what your real battery is in real time so you can compare it to the value of the battery. If the battery suddenly drops like that then your battery may be getting worn out so buy a new one. Or just do a battery pull leave it out a little bit then put in back in a fully charge it.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Facebook app errors.
    8330 --> 8530 --> 9550 --> 9930 --> Z10
  17. tfp
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,811 Global Posts

I've had very few issues with the FB app for any of my BB phones, especially the 9900. App loads nice and quick, scrolling is quick and easy, updates and notifications come through in a timely manner (I have it set to update every hour).

As far as the iPhone app being much better, I've actually heard a lot of complaints from iPhone users that the latest update to the FB app sucks. To each his own I guess lol
    Don't take Life so seriously, you'll never get out alive
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,310 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gibby95 View Post

Yes, the latest version SHOULD be working perfectly, but it doesn't always. I also get occasional error messages and have to resend things. Have to admit tho, it's working much better for me than the pre-release BetaZone version was. Now that was a PITA for me at least.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    333CD502
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    Facebook sucks. Well in my opinion anyway.
    Hey but its better than myspace lol. By the way, does myspace even have an app? Anyone know?