The 9900 was much better than 9800 that I experience. Its really annoying at times...

- Charles
    10-09-12 11:02 PM
    Never have facedialed, cheek dialed or... Anything dialed for that matter. Wired headset is used 99% of the time.
    10-10-12 12:16 AM
    The only cure I have found is to use the original AT&T OS 7.0.0.576, my phone has never face dialed using this OS. All the 7.1 versions including the new one from AT&T will face dial on my phone, however the AT&T version works the best of all the 7.1's that I tried. The lock apps are just a bandaid, they are not 100% effective, tried them all.
    10-10-12 06:23 AM
    There is a sensor on the device itself to specifically stop this from happening(proximity sensor), if you hold the device tight to your ear, this will never happen. Never had it happen on any BB I've owned, from my old pearl(not sure if that had a proximity sensor or not), to my curve, to both my torch's(9800 and 9810), and now on my 9900.

Like apple says, "your all just holding it wrong".
    10-10-12 06:32 AM
    There is a sensor on the device itself to specifically stop this from happening(proximity sensor), if you hold the device tight to your ear, this will never happen. Never had it happen on any BB I've owned, from my old pearl(not sure if that had a proximity sensor or not), to my curve, to both my torch's(9800 and 9810), and now on my 9900.

Like apple says, "your all just holding it wrong".
    I was born at night but it wasn't last night, I know how the phone is "supposed" to work.

If I was holding it wrong why does it work fine on 7.0 OS? If this wasn't an issue why are there so many apps to prevent it? I wonder how many people with the "mike issue" are actually putting the caller on hold. Give me a 9000 with a track pad and OS 7 and I would be a happy camper, these phones are too small for touch screens.
    10-10-12 07:12 AM
    I was born at night but it wasn't last night, I know how the phone is "supposed" to work.

If I was holding it wrong why does it work fine on 7.0 OS? If this wasn't an issue why are there so many apps to prevent it? I wonder how many people with the "mike issue" are actually putting the caller on hold. Give me a 9000 with a track pad and OS 7 and I would be a happy camper, these phones are too small for touch screens.
    If you actually look at when most of those apps were created, most were for the storm.
    10-10-12 08:55 AM
    hi guys
    i've to reanimate this thread. im using my bold 9900 for one year now and constantly have the face dialing issue. im on the latest .861 (7.1) now but the problem still occurs.
    those face look etc. apps did not work well for me because the slide to unlock button can be unlocked too easyly (even wid the touchpad).

every 5 of 10 calls a day get forwarded, muted, conferenced etc. i think it happnes more if i hold the phone in my left hand but im not sure about that. anyway, this bug is driving me crazy there must be a final solution for that. maybe goin back to OS 7.0 ?
    02-28-13 08:50 AM
    Never had such an issues with my 9900, no matter which firmware.
    02-28-13 09:09 AM
    hi guys
    i've to reanimate this thread. im using my bold 9900 for one year now and constantly have the face dialing issue. im on the latest .861 (7.1) now but the problem still occurs.
    those face look etc. apps did not work well for me because the slide to unlock button can be unlocked too easyly (even wid the touchpad).

every 5 of 10 calls a day get forwarded, muted, conferenced etc. i think it happnes more if i hold the phone in my left hand but im not sure about that. anyway, this bug is driving me crazy there must be a final solution for that. maybe goin back to OS 7.0 ?
    I had the best results with original AT&T 7.0 version, every 7.1 version I tried would face dial. The latest AT&T 7.1 version is better but will still face dial occasionally.
    patron42 likes this.
    02-28-13 09:26 AM
    All you need to do is lock your blackberry during or right after dialing, by hitting the lock button at the top. Then you won't have that issue during calls.
    hi guysi've to reanimate this thread. im using my bold 9900 for one year now and constantly have the face dialing issue. im on the latest .861 (7.1) now but the problem still occurs. those face look etc. apps did not work well for me because the slide to unlock button can be unlocked too easyly (even wid the touchpad). every 5 of 10 calls a day get forwarded, muted, conferenced etc. i think it happnes more if i hold the phone in my left hand but im not sure about that. anyway, this bug is driving me crazy there must be a final solution for that. maybe goin back to OS 7.0 ?
    patron42 likes this.
    02-28-13 10:49 AM
    thx guys!

the (manual) lock is working for me! but sometimes i forget to press the lock button

BUT

i found another solution. Ther KILLER app advanceOS+LED has a function for that which locks the screen during calls and its dead reliable!
    02-28-13 11:02 AM
    I have the same problem, and I use Advance OS +LED as well. The Call Screen Lock feature eliminates the problem
    02-28-13 11:46 AM
    Speaker Phone? Anyone? Bueller?
    03-03-13 09:52 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD