Hello,
    I am copying some files via USB to my blackberry media card on the Mac. The BBold9900 is USB mass storage enabled and I'm just dragging and dropping from my mac finder to the memory card. The files are transferring extremely slow, like 0.1MB every 20s and it seems to slow down after a few files even further. Has anyone experienced this? Usually starts off ok. Memory card is class 6 and phone is connected directly to usb port on iMac.

Simon
    09-25-11 03:19 AM
    Hmm....I have never experienced this. Have you tried changing the cord? Maybe it's a bad one.
    09-25-11 03:23 AM
    I had really good results using BT. Just make sure you have WiFI connected. Works super slick!
    09-25-11 03:25 AM
    Well that's a constructive argument.. Funny my mac does everything a my other pcs do... Also runs windows within mac osx and still plays pc games.. Quite impressive for an emulated os.

As for the slow transfer, check that iphoto isn't causing mischief like it did for me, it would start transferring all the photos to a temporary folder, resulting in 2 separate connections to the card slowing it down. apart from that try a different cable and usb port. Also if your running it off a hub, I've heard stories about some devices only transferring as usb 1.0 devices.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-25-11 04:13 AM
    Lol @ double the price of a PC....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-11 06:38 AM
    Sell your Mac, Mac sucks for everything except it looks good....
    Amen!

As I type on my macbook pro that is just a POS....My keyboard barely works, the battery won't stay charged (after replacing it I might add as suggested by Apple), the bottom gets so hot I litterly can't leave it on anything or have it in my lap if I ever expect to have kids again, and has had a defective video control thingy.

I even took it in because of the frying pan hot bottom, but they found "nothing". Yea, Apple makes great products, right!....Oh, and my wife looses all her calls her iPhone...But yea, Apple is so much better...Right again. But it gets better....My iMAC lost an entire motherboard one day....I was lucky it was under warranty. My wife thinks that Apple computers are junk I might add.

I'll GLADLY go back to a DEll or IBM pc/laptop next time around.
    09-25-11 10:51 AM
    Try using a different usb port. I don't own a mac so I cannot add much more. Good luck, and don't mind the smart a**es.

09-25-11 11:10 AM
    I've also noticed slower than expected transfers on a Mac. I have a class10 card, but it runs at about half a MB/s writing files to it. It wasn't really an issue until I was recording a video and it stalled for about a second twice during the recording, as if the card wasn't being written to. The end video still had the stalls in it on playback. Maybe letting the BB format the card it'll play nicer.

09-26-11 06:44 AM
    I have same the issue, never had a problem with the same cable and my 9800.
    09-26-11 10:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD