This thing is the real deal. My 9930 now has battery life like a 9700.

Pros
    ----good cover, quality parts here
    ----easy to setup, pair/match blah blah
    ----long battery life, finally

Cons
    ----adds heavy weight to phone but the bulk is actually quite nice
    ----too bad there isn't a good case for this option
    ----Otterbox silicon won't fit (durrrr)

For $9.99 this is the holy grail...

Amazon.com: Blackberry 9900 9930 Extended Battery + Cover 3500mah with Decoder: Cell Phones & Accessories
    01-04-12 09:52 PM
    Now here's the question... Did you have to duplicate it? Do you have to duplicate evry few days or after a battery pull? And do you actually get better battery life with it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-12 09:57 PM
    You only dupe if take big battery out, and put stock back in, then if you go back to big, you dupe it, yes.

Easy to do.

Its a great backup to have but not for everyday use in my opinion.

I will keep it for 12 hour days away from charger.
    01-04-12 10:01 PM
    That is the battery that I bought. I am still using it and loving it! It is a much better deal now. I paid 15 bucks for mine...
    01-04-12 10:07 PM
    You only get 12hrs out of the 3500mah battery?! The stock one lasts me loinger than that and I use it like crazy.

So your saying you can do a baTtery pull and you won't have to re-dupe when reinserting the battery?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-12 10:10 PM
    I get a lot more than 12 hours, but I may not use mine as much.

I only programmed it once, and it works like a charm!

I uploaded some pics on Amazon so folks can see what it looks like installed.
    01-04-12 10:12 PM
    9700 (1500mah) = 99xx (3500 mah). Thats crazy!!!
    You should be getting at least 2days of heavy to excessive usage!
    01-04-12 11:13 PM
    I get a lot more than 12 hours, but I may not use mine as much.

I only programmed it once, and it works like a charm!

I uploaded some pics on Amazon so folks can see what it looks like installed.
    Looked at the pics, its a serious bulk! How can you carry that "birck" around lol
    01-04-12 11:14 PM
    Not for me. Totally destroying the aesthetics of a beautiful device. I bought the genuine external charger and battery kit. The whole charger with the battery in it is smaller and lighter than this monstrous extended battery. I'm waiting for extended battery that will fit with the original door. Just my thoughts.
    bgriff25 likes this.
    01-05-12 12:33 AM
    Looked at the pics, its a serious bulk! How can you carry that "birck" around lol
    It is not as bad as it looks. I do not use the extended battery for regular use (work/around town). My original battery works fine. I use the fat battery for times that I am on the road (plane/car), at home, and/or not moving around. When my feet are going, I have the original battery installed.

It does make the phone not so pretty, but it does feel okay in the hand. It was worth the few bucks I paid for a nice, reliable, and cheap backup. I actually was quiet surprised.

When I first got the battery, I did some testing, and the battery lasted three days on my phone. I am on vacation (at home) this week, and the battery has been on the phone for two days now with no problems.
    01-05-12 06:22 AM
    This is all so good but I will wait for RIM to comeup with some solution
    Chinese stuffs are bad for country's economy.
    01-05-12 09:39 AM
    Problem is that RIM is NOT going to release a new battery. They're dealing with the whole CEO issue right now. Batteries are not their top priority. Everyone has disposible income. The amounts are just different. If you have the 10$ to try it out, why not? Be optimistic, you probably would have spent that 10$ on fast food anyway lol.
    01-05-12 10:20 AM
    I just noticed how much of an as$ I sounded like at the end of my post. Sorry. Didn't want to offend anyone. corrction you were probably going to spend that 10$ on some online game anyway
    01-05-12 10:31 AM
    function greater than form now?

i'll stick to the sleek design of orginality
    01-05-12 10:40 AM
    Don't forget to update us when it explodes and burns your ear off

There is a reason why cheapo Chinese knock-offs are so cheap
    01-05-12 11:03 AM
    I just noticed how much of an as$ I sounded like at the end of my post. Sorry. Didn't want to offend anyone. corrction you were probably going to spend that 10$ on some online game anyway
    I'm feeling ignored. I would buy beer
    01-05-12 11:22 AM
    What is this Dupe mentioned in some posts?
    01-05-12 11:24 AM
    Ugh sorry! Or buying a beer!! Lol
    01-05-12 11:26 AM
    Yea I was wondering myself. What is dupe??
    01-05-12 11:28 AM
    I'm going on a long 7am-11pm trip to the mid-west this Saturday and I wanted an extra battery or a bigger one so I wouldn't have to take chargers along with me. I saw this unit at Amazon and decided to chance it. I know it's not an authorized 3rd party battery because of the duplicating requirement, but for 9.99 why not try? I go the battery with expedited shipping and it shipped the same day and arrived in 2. It was well packaged and despite some broken English the instructions were easy to follow. The door seems sturdy and fits well. It's a very shiny black plastic. My old 8830 extended battery had door issues so I'm glad this door seems better. It had a 26% charge initially and is up to 44% about about 15 minutes. The new bulging battery rests on the top of the charging pod but it doesn't seem to impeded the pod's battery contacts at all. So far so good! Thanks for the tip about needing to re-duplicate if I put the original battery back in (which I'll probably do to top it off).
    01-05-12 02:57 PM
    After initially setting up the big battery yesterday, I pulled it to put in the original to get it to a full charge. I just pulled the original and put in the big battery and no re-duplication was required. Tomorrow will be a long test, about 430am to midnight - we'll see how it holds up.
    01-06-12 11:43 AM
    What is duplicating or dupeing the battery. I don't get it! Lol
    01-06-12 03:14 PM
    There is a reason why cheapo Chinese knock-offs are so cheap
    Child labour?
    01-06-12 10:12 PM
    Child labour?
    nope just cheaper currency.
    01-06-12 11:52 PM
    I ordered a Gold 2430mah battery off ebay. Ships from UK, made in Japan. Same size as original. I'll post my results when it shows up.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-07-12 08:03 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD