I'm not sure I'm willing to give up my 9930 for it! Now don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled for the BB10 release, and can't wait to get my hands on a device! But I'm not convinced that I'll use one over my 9930. Since I'm not a full touch screen phone fan, I would want the BB10 with the physical keyboard. But then the more I think about it, the more I realize my dream phone is the one I own! The only thing that would be different would be maybe if they took away the trackpad (which I would hate, since I actually use that a fair amount!) or increased the screen size, which isn't necessary for me since I have a PlayBook. Obviously I'll have to wait and see what the finalized version looks like, but for now I'm perfectly happy with my Bold touch. But I can't be the only one feeling this way!...right??
    raino likes this.
    11-05-12 01:41 PM
    There will be a keyboard version released (called the N-series; the phone on the left) However, I'm not a big fan of its screen to keyboard size ratio. IMO, the screen is just too big.
    11-05-12 01:56 PM
    There will be a keyboard version released (called the N-series; the phone on the left) However, I'm not a big fan of its screen to keyboard size ratio. IMO, the screen is just too big.
    I've seen this before, but was hoping it wasn't the final product, because, as you said, the screen just looks too big compared to the rest of the phone!
    11-05-12 02:02 PM
    There are more devices planned down the line (details are lacking at the moment.) I think it's a fair assumption that some of them will retain the keyboard. However, there's no word on if these devices will be flagship level, like the 99xx series is, or if they will be the successors to the Curve line.

The reason the N-series had its screen area increased was to standardize aspect ratios, which will make it easier to design apps, amongst other things. So if further keyboard equipped devices are released, it will be interesting to see if they follow the formula seemingly in place for the N-series.
    11-05-12 02:32 PM
    I've seen this before, but was hoping it wasn't the final product, because, as you said, the screen just looks too big compared to the rest of the phone!
    One reason the screen is bigger is due to the elimination of the phone/menu/back buttons and trackpad that currently sit below the screen. Most of the time you'll see a control bar occupying that space.
    11-05-12 03:41 PM
    I just hope the keyboard model is as good as my 9930 bold. I will definitely miss the track pad and blackberry keys.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    southlander likes this.
    11-05-12 06:31 PM
    I just hope the keyboard model is as good as my 9930 bold. I will definitely miss the track pad and blackberry keys.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    I'm trying to keep an open mind about that. If they do a good job on the interface it might not be an issue.
    11-05-12 06:40 PM
    I am with you on this topic. I am totally happy with my 9900 and have no interest in switching phones unless this one gives trouble and then I would just want another one. I am interested in bb10 for the simple reason I hope its good enough to draw users back to the bb platform. Iphone is so strong that friends think if they don't get one they are not in the good group or something. The phone does not make me who I am. I just hope Rim succeeds and stays a strong company. I think the world is taking these cell phones way to personally and are consumed by them.
    jaydee5799 and lkveggie like this.
    11-05-12 06:42 PM
    I'm in no hurry to get rid of my 9900. It does everything I need in a phone. That's part of the reason I felt OK buying an "older" phone knowing that BB10 would be out within a year. With any luck, I can get our VZW rep to get me a loaner or two to sample and show to people.

My PlayBook will probably be my first BB10 device and it is a cheap way to get BB10 without the whole phone commitment. Let's hope we won't have to wait too long.

The one thing that could push me to BB10 faster is if they have greater Bridge-type integration between BB10 devices.
    11-05-12 08:03 PM
    I'm also an avid user of the 9900. I absolutely love this device over all the previous BB's I've even owned. It will be difficult to ditch the physical keyboard over the new L-series full touchscreen, but I am willing to take the plunge as I can't wait for the BB10 features. Seriously, how are you going to 'peek' or minimize to active frames if it's not a full touchscreen device? The keyboard will just get in the way and limit the gestures needed for BB10 to work flawlessly...
    11-05-12 08:07 PM
    My 9930 is best BB I've owned, it's not even close. I'll be looking at the new BB10 physical keyboard device when it comes out.
    11-05-12 11:55 PM
    To be honest, most times I'm more excited about the rumored S model that will run on BBOS rather then BB10.

After all, the reason I use a BlackBerry is my preference and I would even say love for BBOS and the way it works.

I'm not sure I'm ready to give it up yet, especially because I have a PlayBook that will get BB10.
    11-06-12 03:29 AM
    I'm also an avid user of the 9900. I absolutely love this device over all the previous BB's I've even owned. It will be difficult to ditch the physical keyboard over the new L-series full touchscreen, but I am willing to take the plunge as I can't wait for the BB10 features. Seriously, how are you going to 'peek' or minimize to active frames if it's not a full touchscreen device? The keyboard will just get in the way and limit the gestures needed for BB10 to work flawlessly...
    I'm hoping the peek and the rest of the gestures will have a corresponding keyboard shortcut.
    11-06-12 03:30 AM
    I agree with you that the peek feature may not work as well with a keyboard in the way, but I know RIM will come up with a way to make it work. I like BB7 and as amazing as I hope BB10 is (and I hope it brings more people to the BlackBerry platform...more BBM contacts! haha) I think I'll be satisfied with BB10 on my PlayBook.
    11-06-12 05:48 AM