You're kidding yourself if you think SOME (key word you seem to be missing on purpose) Apple users are the only ones who buy it as a status symbol.

its like saying "all tall people play center in the nba vs all centers in the nba are tall". so mindless drones flock to the iphone vs all iphone users are mindless drones. what was the original comment that got your britches in a bunch: "iphones are FOR mindless drones". dont believe me? go take a look.

Yes, people buy phones for different reasons. and yes people flock to all devices just because theyre popular. my point is that the iphone is PERFECT for them. theyre extremely popular, and while they lack in many areas, people still put them on a pedestal just because theyre made by apple. so its the drones' dream device!

I'm saying it is easy for someone who just wants to fit in to flock to the iphone because its popular. you, sir, are missing the point... not I.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-05-12 12:15 AM
    Have you read the OP or replied to it?
    THANK YOU! This guy has missed the fact that the OP was posting ABOUT the users! As i said before, I was showing support bc the OP was venting about the USERS judging him and saying he was crazy for choosing BB. Buuuut you cant tell him anything. Just let him talk... he will figure it out eventually.

05-05-12 12:18 AM
    She's a she...like me. But yeah, I hear ya.

Anyway, to the OP...

Welcome back and glad to hear you're enjoying your BlackBerry and back to posting on CrackBerry (a BlackBerry enthusiasts website)!

05-05-12 12:22 AM
    its like saying "all tall people play center in the nba vs all centers in the nba are tall". so mindless drones flock to the iphone vs all iphone users are mindless drones. what was the original comment that got your britches in a bunch: "iphones are FOR mindless drones". dont believe me? go take a look.

Yes, people buy phones for different reasons. and yes people flock to all devices just because theyre popular. my point is that the iphone is PERFECT for them. theyre extremely popular, and while they lack in many areas, people still put them on a pedestal just because theyre made by apple. so its the drones' dream device!

I'm saying it is easy for someone who just wants to fit in to flock to the iphone because its popular. you, sir, are missing the point... not I.

1) Not a sir. If I am, my husband is in trouble. Why does everyone presume tech people are guys? Chrisy and I at one time bonded over that (when she was still "a platform agnostic, not a fan of a specific one")

2) All I'm saying is your wording sucked.

I see a response from Chrisy you quoted (I can't read her responses anymore) so in answer - yes I read the OP, no there was not anything to say - it is what it is. I am simply getting sick of the name calling and poor word choices and it was your post that did that. The vibe after the BB10 announcement has been so good it's sad to see the name calling happening again.
    05-05-12 12:24 AM
    sorry, i did assume you were a man. but, just because youre tired of "name calling" doesnt mean you can just pick random comments, selectively see what you want to see, and start comin at me like a bat outta . I was supporting the op because i always get dogged for using bb... and when i take the time to break down why bb is dope, the dogging stops. if youre so into all the different platforms, why come into a thread that is obviously someone venting about users of other platforms judging them for using bb, and then attack others for agreeing with him? doesnt seem logical.

05-05-12 12:33 AM
    Upon renewal of my contract with Rogers, I tried the bold 9900, and then it actually had an antenna defect so I returned it for an iPhone 4(via BestBuy's Protection Plan). I've been using the iphone since 3G.

I also aquired a Galaxy S2 LTE (SGH-i727) around the same time and was going back and forth between the two.

I'm sorry to say but I couldn't resist the urge to get a Blackberry Bold 9900 back in my hands again. I had to have it! People around me say I'm crazy and the OS is outdated and the new BB10 is coming out at the end of the year...etc...and so on and so forth.

BUT I DON'T CARE I want the keyboard, I want the snappy-ness of, whipping it out of the holster and having it open the email ready for me to reply. I want the blinking red LED telling me I have messages. I want to see "Blackberry" on my phone. My company iphone is so stuffed full of distractions that its almost nauseating looking at it! I think I accidentally got addicted.

SO now I have one again and I'm a happy happy camper. <3<3<3

Sorry for the mushy-completely useless article that you've just read, or more likely skimmed through. I really just had to express my joy. I have a bold 9900 in my hands and I frikken love it.
    My friends tell me - "Why are you fixated on a dying platform?" I don't really have a good response...I just restate my love for my blackberry and life moves on.
    05-05-12 12:37 AM
    Because it's posted in a forum about the BB I am using, and I was looking to see what the post was about in case there was 9900 specific info involved? Not everyone names their threads in a way that is actually about what the thread is about. And the OP wasn't really about people insulting him on his choice, it actually had some specific information about why he switched and it was a throwaway line in the post that led to yet more backhands at the 'people that iPhone and Android are geared for'.

Frankly - this should be in General Discussion, not the 9900 specific forum for troubleshooting and assistance.

Anyway, I'm done. No one is going to agree here. Have a good one, one cellular rep to another. :-)
    Last edited by reeneebob; 05-05-12 at 12:39 AM.
    05-05-12 12:37 AM
    Because it's posted in a forum about the BB I am using, and I was looking to see what the post was about in case there was 9900 specific info involved? Not everyone names their threads in a way that is actually about what the thread is about. And the OP wasn't really about people insulting him on his choice, it actually had some specific information about why he switched and it was a throwaway line in the post that led to yet more backhands at the 'people that iPhone and Android are geared for'.

Frankly - this should be in General Discussion, not the 9900 specific forum for troubleshooting and assistance.

Anyway, I'm done. No one is going to agree here. Have a good one, one cellular rep to another. :-)

ditto

05-05-12 12:42 AM
    sorry op... we kind of kills your thread lol

05-05-12 01:09 AM
    Iphones: are for brainless drones
    androids: are for bandwagoners that just jump on whats hot at the time
    windows: shoot yourself
    blackberry: for folks that know quality.

ROTFL! Foolishness but I knew that it would be things like this coming into this topic. The fact that you can't acknowledge the strengths the alternatives offer and have to create a "name" for their consumers shows that you wouldn't know quality anyhow
    05-05-12 02:56 AM
    ROTFL! Foolishness but I knew that it would be things like this coming into this topic. The fact that you can't acknowledge the strengths the alternatives offer and have to create a "name" for their consumers shows that you wouldn't know quality anyhow

lol dude... just because i was making a comment about the users doesnt mean i am unaware of each platform's strengths and weakness. my every word on this forum does not have to be of such. and obviously I know quality if i have the top of the line bb and this is a bb forum. hmmmmm maybe you should relax instead of insinuating that you know more than me. just a thought. sleep on it before you respond lol

05-05-12 03:01 AM
    Throwing a FOR in there doesn't make it less offensive.

You just broad brushed entires groups of users because you happen to not like the other platforms. I sell wireless too for over 6 years - for every 10 people who come in maybe 1 wants an iPhone because they are a mindless drone, as you say. So what am I? A mindless drone who also buys the latest and greatest and knows quality because I use all three platforms (4 if you include WebOS)? You simply shouldn't make comments like you did. Period. They are patently untrue regardless of how YOU feel they should be taken.

There is nothing I can do on my BB (other than an LED) that I can't do just as well on my iPhone for how I use it. As for Android? I planned my wedding on one, including editting and review of contracts with vendors and seating plans. Not bad for a bandwagon jumping, quality knowing mindless drone.

Backpedal all you want, but comments like yours are no different than the mindless drone fanboys you claim to hate.

Can't people simply comment on pluses and minuses of hardware/OS without throwing insults about the users?

@ the fact that he, a "Blackberry elitist", didn't know that's essentially saying the same thing
    05-05-12 03:02 AM
    lol dude... just because i was making a comment about the users doesnt mean i am unaware of each platform's strengths and weakness. my every word on this forum does not have to be of such. and obviously I know quality if i have the top of the line bb and this is a bb forum. hmmmmm maybe you should relax instead of insinuating that you know more than me. just a thought. sleep on it before you respond lol

Yes maybe you should do that next time. Maybe think about that before logging on. The fact that all you gathered from my post is that I "supposedly" know more than you says everything and more.
    05-05-12 03:04 AM
    I can honestly say that I gathered NOTHING from your post. You don't have to worry about that. I saw the device that you were using and instantly knew that you knew more about quality than I do... seeing how your device has more features and better performance than mine.
    05-05-12 03:12 AM
    I can honestly say that I gathered NOTHING from your post. You don't have to worry about that. I saw the device that you were using and instantly knew that you knew more about quality than I do... seeing how your device has more features and better performance than mine.
    My profile hasn't been updated in over a year LMAO. You don't know what's in my hand, and I can assure you, it's not the device listed NOR the picture in my avatar

And the fact that you're called one of the long time Crackberry residents who has an extensive history of Blackberry's an iPhone follower, just because SHE didn't agree with your generalization of other users....

If only everything was so easy and simple
    05-05-12 03:19 AM
    I have come to the conclusion that you have NO idea what you are talking about. Because I called nobody a follower. It's ok... you're not in the know... don't worry about it. The fact that you came to a forum, did not bother to read the posts, but think you know what transpired is laughable. And the fact that you take the time to track down a mad men clip of Joan laughing shows that you have absolutely NO life! And what is that other post? The braxtons?!!!! REALLY?! Get it together, bro. What time is it there?!! 4am?!! Sheesh!!! Bored much? Wait wait... let me do one:
    05-05-12 03:46 AM
    Looks like you need a little intellect challenge yourself, seeing as I only said iphone users were brainless drones. Or maybe you just need to learn to read a little better... not sure.

Iphone users are drones because they stand in line overnight, to walk into the apple store to spend $400+ on an "upgraded" iphone that just adds a few new features and otherwise is the EXACT same phone. They are brainless because they keep buying the same phone over and over NOT for its features and benefits, but rather because apple and the media TELL them to.
    So because you didn't use the word "follower", do you not think that's what the bold intended? Look here roll dog, obviously you're trolling hard for those forum posts and proud to be rocking your device. Awesome for you. But like I and the other young lady was trying to get through to your linear way of thinking: Respect other people rather than grouping people into categories that are COMPLETELY disrespectful and uncalled for. The fact that you don't understand that it's wrong doesn't mean it's right. There are PLENTY of long time resident hardcore BB users on here that rock an alternate device and I'm sure they don't fit those titles you've created. But I'm sure you won't understand this post as well so here's hoping that someone is fluent in spammish and has patience to explain it to you
    05-05-12 04:50 AM
    Oh and "Bro", "homeskillet", there are these little social sites called Tumblr and Twitter that have these things called GIFS posted constantly. But I think your missing factor is: you need followers or in real life, friends Took me no time at all to post those up

05-05-12 04:52 AM
    nobody is going back on anything... you just got butthurt bc you own an iphone. Backpedal?!! WHY?!! It is a FORUM! I dont know you, and could not care ANY less about ANYTHING you think of me. I was, and still am simply saying that mindless drones that need to be told what to like and what is quality automatically flock to the iphone. They see the commercials, they see how popular they are, and they say "oh I guess this is what I want". sure, there are plenty of folks that actually LIKE the iphone... but if you really think YOU can tell ME what i meant, then you go right ahead. I made a comment, I meant what I said, and I stand by it.

we ALL know that there are iphone users that are mere followers. If you want to be in denial, go for it.

Just to kindly refresh your short term memory that you INDEED called iPhone users, followers.
    05-05-12 04:59 AM
    Upon renewal of my contract with Rogers, I tried the bold 9900, and then it actually had an antenna defect so I returned it for an iPhone 4(via BestBuy's Protection Plan). I've been using the iphone since 3G.

I also aquired a Galaxy S2 LTE (SGH-i727) around the same time and was going back and forth between the two.

I'm sorry to say but I couldn't resist the urge to get a Blackberry Bold 9900 back in my hands again. I had to have it! People around me say I'm crazy and the OS is outdated and the new BB10 is coming out at the end of the year...etc...and so on and so forth.

BUT I DON'T CARE I want the keyboard, I want the snappy-ness of, whipping it out of the holster and having it open the email ready for me to reply. I want the blinking red LED telling me I have messages. I want to see "Blackberry" on my phone. My company iphone is so stuffed full of distractions that its almost nauseating looking at it! I think I accidentally got addicted.

SO now I have one again and I'm a happy happy camper. <3<3<3

Sorry for the mushy-completely useless article that you've just read, or more likely skimmed through. I really just had to express my joy. I have a bold 9900 in my hands and I frikken love it.
    I do not getvthe outdated argument. os7 works well and it does what it is supposed to do. I will still pickup os10 to support rim.

Sent from Tapatalk for Playbook
    05-05-12 04:59 AM
    Dont blame you, ive been resisting temptation to grab a 9900 for quite a while now.
    05-05-12 10:31 AM
    Just to kindly refresh your short term memory that you INDEED called iPhone users, followers.

As you can see from the quote, I said that there are iphone users that are followers. I did NOT say that iphone users are followers. There is a huge difference between those 2 statements. Am i really the only one with enough english background to know the difference? And I definitely did not say that reenee was a follower. please sharpen up on your literary skills before making accusations. thanks.

05-05-12 11:43 AM
    But i learned as a child that you cant argue with ignorance. so, if you really differentiate between the statement that I made and the statement that youre insinuating I made... then there is no point in going back and forth. You are welcome to think what you want to think. I honestly couldnt care less.

05-05-12 11:47 AM
    CLOSED!

With the thread thouroughly derailed and hijacked into pointless bickering it is beyond cleaning the mess. Rather than waste my time cleaning and handing out warnings for every offending post I will reward the main disruptors with a few days away from the forums to consider their posting habits.
    dictoresno likes this.
    05-05-12 02:14 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD