Upon renewal of my contract with Rogers, I tried the bold 9900, and then it actually had an antenna defect so I returned it for an iPhone 4(via BestBuy's Protection Plan). I've been using the iphone since 3G.

I also aquired a Galaxy S2 LTE (SGH-i727) around the same time and was going back and forth between the two.

I'm sorry to say but I couldn't resist the urge to get a Blackberry Bold 9900 back in my hands again. I had to have it! People around me say I'm crazy and the OS is outdated and the new BB10 is coming out at the end of the year...etc...and so on and so forth.

BUT I DON'T CARE I want the keyboard, I want the snappy-ness of, whipping it out of the holster and having it open the email ready for me to reply. I want the blinking red LED telling me I have messages. I want to see "Blackberry" on my phone. My company iphone is so stuffed full of distractions that its almost nauseating looking at it! I think I accidentally got addicted.

SO now I have one again and I'm a happy happy camper. <3<3<3

Sorry for the mushy-completely useless article that you've just read, or more likely skimmed through. I really just had to express my joy. I have a bold 9900 in my hands and I frikken love it.
    Last edited by GlowingBlue; 05-03-12 at 02:29 PM.
    05-03-12 02:27 PM
    you so crazy
    05-03-12 02:44 PM
    Welcome back its a great device by far! So many people are returning to blackberry after seeing the other platforms. I know I am one of them.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    GlowingBlue likes this.
    05-03-12 02:49 PM
    I just ignore people that tell me I'm crazy. I know what I like and I like my bb Bold.
    GlowingBlue and Willard814 like this.
    05-03-12 03:17 PM
    i am crazy too.

crazy in love with my Bold 9900 that is.
    GlowingBlue likes this.
    05-03-12 03:31 PM
    I got the same reaction from the guy at BestBuy mobile. I had the Samsung Galaxy SII LTE but lost it one drunken night at my uncle's house. The phone never turned up so I had to replace it with something. I went into the store and I knew right away that I wanted the Bold. Like you I missed the snappyness of the key clicks. A physical keyboard. I also missed the little things like the LED and being able to change the colors for it for different things like e-mail, text, and BBM. Before I actually purchased the phone the guy at BestBuy said, "you miss the keyboard THAT much?" To which I responded, "yes. Now activate it."
    I'm glad to say that as soon as I got the phone in my hands and started typing I knew why I had come back to BlackBerry.
    05-03-12 03:35 PM
    I was gonna get the iPhone, but decided to try Bb again. It was a good decision. OS7 seems stable thanks to the beefed up hardware. I wish the phone has wifi print capability though. But I'll live.

GlowingBlue likes this.
    05-03-12 03:35 PM
    I wish the phone has wifi print capability though. But I'll live.
    Maybe Fixmo Tools might do the trick for you. I haven't tried it myself though.
    GlowingBlue likes this.
    05-03-12 03:56 PM
    Iphones: are for brainless drones
    androids: are for bandwagoners that just jump on whats hot at the time
    windows: shoot yourself
    blackberry: for folks that know quality.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Willard814 and bbmtna like this.
    05-03-12 04:04 PM
    Oh The Insanity.
    Willard814 likes this.
    05-03-12 04:19 PM
    As Paul Simon said: "Still crazy after all these years". When something works for you who cares what the crowd says.

I'm happier with my 9900 than I have been with any other phone so far.
    Willard814 likes this.
    05-03-12 04:24 PM

iPhone:

Blackberry:
    Willard814 likes this.
    05-03-12 05:05 PM
    I'm with you brother!
    GlowingBlue and Willard814 like this.
    05-03-12 05:29 PM
    Did the same! Back from an iphone 4s! Loving my bold 9900.

05-03-12 06:14 PM
    8330 - 9630 - 9650 - Droid X - 9930 - Droid X - 9930...for good!

Since then I've picked up a Playbook and I'll never go back..only possibility is a BB10 phone, maybe lol.

Sounds fanboy-ish, but - as far as efficiency in getting things done (email/texts/calls, etc) - and fulfilling other tasks simultaneously (browsing for research or making a word doc, etc) - you cannot beat the 9930/PB combo.
    GlowingBlue likes this.
    05-03-12 07:07 PM

I have a Bold 9930, and love it. But this whole nonsense of calling people who choose an iphone or Android "brainless drones" is pretty petty. If you need something to challange your intellect, Ditch your Bold and grab a friggin' abacaus and a sun dial and some twine and a tin cup...Jessh!

GlowingBlue likes this.
    05-03-12 08:55 PM
    I have a Bold 9930, and love it. But this whole nonsense of calling people who choose an iphone or Android "brainless drones" is pretty petty. If you need something to challange your intellect, Ditch your Bold and grab a friggin' abacaus and a sun dial and some twine and a tin cup...Jessh!

Looks like you need a little intellect challenge yourself, seeing as I only said iphone users were brainless drones. Or maybe you just need to learn to read a little better... not sure.

Iphone users are drones because they stand in line overnight, to walk into the apple store to spend $400+ on an "upgraded" iphone that just adds a few new features and otherwise is the EXACT same phone. They are brainless because they keep buying the same phone over and over NOT for its features and benefits, but rather because apple and the media TELL them to.
    05-03-12 09:02 PM
    Looks like you need a little intellect challenge yourself, seeing as I only said iphone users were brainless drones. Or maybe you just need to learn to read a little better... not sure.

Iphone users are drones because they stand in line overnight, to walk into the apple store to spend $400+ on an "upgraded" iphone that just adds a few new features and otherwise is the EXACT same phone. They are brainless because they keep buying the same phone over and over NOT for its features and benefits, but rather because apple and the media TELL them to.

Wow, not like some BlackBerry users who buy devices with incremental upgrades and hardly any apps, yet sing the virtues of RIM. At least I can freely admit iphone is a mulit-media device that overall, leaves BlackBerry three steps behind. But I choose to have a BlackBerry, not spew elitist crap of brainless drones. This whole myth of the BlackBerry needs to stop. RIM is squirrly running around Austrailia in the night at Apple Stores saying "Wake Up!" err, NO RIM needs to wake up.

05-03-12 09:27 PM
    You're silly. Blackberry is the one missing the features? You know that all the iphone has on BB are the apps, right? Wasnt there an iphone that couldnt copy and paste? Wasnt there 2 iphone models that couldnt send picture mail or do attachments?!! Wait.. the iphone 4 couldn't even do attachments until a software update. My treo 650 back in 2007 could do all of these things lol.. and every blackberry I have owned has certainly been able to also. These are BASIC things that iphones were not able to do. But people were still paying top dollar for them because "uhhh its Apple"
    05-03-12 10:48 PM
    The name calling is out of hand, and is beneath the low, low down. You don't have to like what another is using, nor do you need to post trollish comments. People use what they like, they have choice, and flamebaiting them with those comments is wholly unnecessary. The other devices' success has forced further evolution, which has been painful to watch. But it is necessary to give us all better experiences.

I use BlackBerry and Android both, and I like both of them for a number of things. BB has had its ups and downs, Apple has been riding the crest, and Android has had some good runs. Calling people names over a device is childish and frankly stupid, and really needs to stop.
    05-03-12 11:06 PM
    its very easy for you to accuse people of trolling (which isnt what is happening here), and then turn around and say uplifting, inspirational things about each company. but, I said what I said because that was the theme of the OP's post. folks had negative things to say about the op for his loyalty to RIM, and my reply was for the OP and the OP alone. it was mere support for someone to let them know that people blindly follow their product, and diss anyone who uses anything else. yes, it may appear that i am the pot calling the kettle black... but there is truth behind what I say. if you want to have a neutral convo and pat each manufacturer on the back... maybe you would be better suited in the general discussions forum. i have not "trolled" anyone, so maybe you should do your research before tossing out a term that youve seen here in the forums. i stated an opinion, you can like it or not... i really couldnt care less.

05-03-12 11:12 PM
    Youre so crazy!

Arent we all?
    GlowingBlue likes this.
    05-03-12 11:24 PM
    Youre so crazy!

Arent we all?
    Indeed. I'm Metta World Peace crazy!!
    GlowingBlue likes this.
    05-03-12 11:28 PM
    I got the same feelings nearest I figure is at the phone store when handling the display model I got bit and its just a side effect, only permanent.
    GlowingBlue likes this.
    05-03-12 11:30 PM

I settled for a 9930 since I couldn't find anyone else using string and tin cans outside those Progresso commercials. At least with my Bold I get replies and callbacks and no odd looks from my wife when using it.
    GlowingBlue likes this.
    05-04-12 12:06 AM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD