been trying to get my event log on this 9900 and it will not give it up. Tried it every which way, in the search bar and with out it. it worked on my 9780 from the home screen with. alt g alt l alt g alt l Any searches have said the same thing. I read it on the actual blackberry forums as well.
    04-20-12 03:30 PM
    It's Alt + LGLG
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 04-20-12 at 03:45 PM.
    04-20-12 03:36 PM
    well been doing that too. Got this off blackberry forums.

"The default behaviour when typing on the home screen is to open universal search. You can change this by going to Options, Home Screen Preferences and change the Launch By Typing from Universal Search to Application Shortcuts. This will allow you to use the Alt+lglg shortcut on the home screen."

And I did not put the + sign in it. can't think of anything else I might have changed to make this not work. it just open my calender every time.
    04-20-12 03:47 PM
    Did you recently upgrade your device to a shrinked OS?

Because if you did, you most likely left
    "Net_rim_event_log_viewer_app.cod" out.

EDIT:
    Forgot to mention it could be a custom theme issue. Try using the default one.
    Last edited by FrankIAm; 04-20-12 at 03:55 PM.
    04-20-12 03:53 PM
    kinda sounds like it's launching a hotkey rather than using universal search at all
    04-20-12 03:57 PM
    I did a new os the other day but the only thing I thought i unchecked was some languages, and a couple apps i didn't like. I set it to hotkey from universal search because the search was not working either. is there a way to see if that log viewer thing is listed somewhere.
    04-20-12 04:02 PM
    I did a new os the other day but the only thing I thought i unchecked was some languages, and a couple apps i didn't like. I set it to hotkey from universal search because the search was not working either. is there a way to see if that log viewer thing is listed somewhere.
    Options > Device > Application Management > (Menu) Modules

Scroll down the list and look for net_rim_event_log_viewer_app

If it's there... then so is the app.

Also, if you're using a 3rd party theme then change back to the default one and try the Alt + LGLG again.
    04-20-12 05:15 PM
    well I have no idea. I have the app in that list. I have no themes,
    still only manage to get my calendar open. grabbed my old 9780 and it shows up right off. rebooted the phone a million times I think.

Thanks for your time
    04-20-12 05:36 PM
    ok I am an . hold the alt button and hit lglg
    such an nice feeling when the light comes on.
    04-20-12 05:43 PM
    Can I ask a question that may seem dumb?
    Why do people use the event log? What good is it for?
    04-20-12 11:31 PM
    not a dumb question but I have no idea either. Just when apps go bad or do strange things techy people some times ask for them. I think it is a view of what your phone has done during the day of use. I guess they might find that something was triggered that they did not expect.
    04-20-12 11:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD