Tried to upgrade to OS 7.1 and phone now shows 507 Error and will not boot up. Blackberry desktop software will not recognize the phone so I am unable to wipe and reload OS.

I tried connecting to computer via USB without battery, again BBDS does not recognize phone. I'm also out of country so unable to go directly to my carrier for a few months.

I'm running Mac OS X 10.7 so cannot use BBSAK, etc to reload the OS.

Any other suggestions? Any help is greatly appreciated!
    03-19-12 05:31 AM
    Using PC...
    Download OS
    Install OS
    Remove vendor.xml
    Using loader.exe install OS.
    03-19-12 05:49 AM
    Likely something trivial went wrong and crashed the upgrade and nothing is wrong with the BlackBerry. The 507 error means no device software is installed.

I would troubleshoot the connection issue as a connection issue. There are articles at blackberry.com and maybe even here on this board about solving problems connecting with desktop manager.

Once connected to the Mac, try again loading the OS automatically with desktop manager.

If you can't do it, try another computer. If you can borrow a PC and do as suggested above, that would be your next step if necessary.
    03-19-12 05:57 AM
    This has happened to me each of the last 2-3 OS 7/7.1 upgrades. I just disconnect the usb cable, plug it back in, and everything starts to load up properly. No problems that I've seen. Annoying, yes.
    adamrollins and Smartie020 like this.
    03-19-12 06:28 AM
    Yes, that's all I do too.
    03-19-12 06:35 AM
    Thanks for the help.

The blackberry is definitely in a bricked state with corrupted OS install so desktop software is not recognizing it at all - I've tried a few things.

Unfortunately I'm also out of country without access to a PC.

Is there any way to force desktop to recognize or to reload OS without desktop software on a Mac?
    03-19-12 06:45 AM
    Not that I know of.
    03-19-12 07:00 AM
    If you can get access to a pc, download BBSAK or JL_Cmder wipe the device then try to reconnect to Desktop.

I know in the past I had a problem getting a BlackBerry to connect and if you took the battery out, then connected it by USB to the PC then put the battery back in you could sometimes get the handset working again.

Hope you get something sorted - what a major pain!
    03-19-12 07:09 AM
    Ok, I'll try to get access to a PC..... much appreciate the help, thanks guys.
    03-19-12 07:18 AM
    Ok, I'll try to get access to a PC..... much appreciate the help, thanks guys.
    Try an Internet Cafe or something, heck, even a library may help.
    03-19-12 07:21 AM
    This has happened to me each of the last 2-3 OS 7/7.1 upgrades. I just disconnect the usb cable, plug it back in, and everything starts to load up properly. No problems that I've seen. Annoying, yes.
    I've had to plug it into a different USB port for it to recognize my 9900
    03-19-12 09:51 AM
    I managed to try on a PC, it connected no problem even with 507 error.

Re-installed OS 7.1 update no problem.

Guess it was a Mac issue. Thanks again.
    03-19-12 10:10 AM
    Hello, my 9930 from Verizon does not even boot. Only flashes the red led and the pad lighsts up as well.

BBSAK or JL_Cmdr do not recognize the mobile

Can someone help me solve this issue, so I could connect it and load 7.1 OS

Thanks
    03-28-12 09:16 PM
    Hello, my 9930 from Verizon does not even boot. Only flashes the red led and the pad lighsts up as well.

BBSAK or JL_Cmdr do not recognize the mobile

Can someone help me solve this issue, so I could connect it and load 7.1 OS

Thanks
    You should have started your own thread, but ...

How did the BlackBerry get in this status to begin with? Did you drop it, get it wet, try to install software or upgrade, try and use some utility to modify the device ... What?

Assuming there is no hardware damage and the device is ok, you need to rule out a bad battery. Try another battery, one you know is good. Borrow one if you can.

If the problem is not bad battery, troubleshoot the connection to the computer. Try different USB ports, another cable, another computer... There are detailed instructions at blackberry.com and I'm sure here on the board on troubleshooting USB connections and connecting to Desktop Manager. If you can connect another BlackBerry to the computer and use Desktop Manager with another BlackBerry, then I would assume that BlackBerry should also connect (including JL_CMDER and BBSAK) unless there is a problem with the device.

But if you have damaged the device, none of the above will help. In that case you solution is to get the device repaired, which may or not be possible, or get a new device.
    03-29-12 05:40 AM
    Ive had the same problem. Was thinking about deleting everything and starting over fresh to see if that stops the 507 errors.
    03-29-12 08:59 AM
    hai, i had my device wiped and its showing the error 507 .. but when i try to connect it to my pc its not recognizing the device .. i had tried battery pull , restarting my pc ... but still i cannot connect it to my pc .. help me please
    05-04-13 12:47 PM
    I did a wipe device on bbsak then I saw Error 507 display on my fone screen. I've also tried all the suggestions of how to load a new os, yet i still get error 507 displayed on the screen. Pls i need help.
    10-07-13 03:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD