I received a white screen and an error message 102 this morning on my phone. I went through and followed the directions to re-install my software. I performed a backup on it, however I have absolutely no contacts or anything on my phone!

Can anyone tell me why this white screen appeared out of nowhere?

I am completely frustrated with my loss of everything - even with a backup.

Thanks!
    11-03-11 10:25 AM
    The screen..
    I wish you asked. I'm guessing it happened after installing app world?

There is a way to bring it back to life without wiping your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    AbbieATC likes this.
    11-03-11 10:27 AM
    DOH! I almost posted before I did anything and decided at the last minute not to. Thanks.
    11-03-11 10:30 AM
    But have you tried to restore again?

11-03-11 10:32 AM
    Not yet - I am trying to select certain backed up items from a previous backup to see if it worked.
    11-03-11 10:39 AM
    Does it say there are x amount of entries under address book?

AbbieATC likes this.
    11-03-11 11:14 AM
    I did manage to get my contacts from an update I performed the day I got the new Bold 9930 - I had a backup performed then. I am glad I did because the backup done today had nothing in it. It was all wiped out. I just need to get the contacts I came upon since the day I got the phone.

I didn't update my blackberry app world - I kept putting it off. I'm curious to know why this happened. I did have to do a software update Sunday night - took forever to do. That's the only new thing that's happened to the phone.

Thanks again for your help!
    11-03-11 12:00 PM
    Wow, I had the 102 error happen last week. Can't say for sure it was after installing app world, although I think it was. Thank god for blackberry protect. I had to reinstall from scratch.
    Deathcommand: I'd be interested in knowing how to solve this without reinstalling OS. I tried everything and the phone just did a constant reboot loop to the WSOD + error 102.
    11-03-11 12:16 PM
    What's Blackberry Protect Mamaluka?
    11-04-11 08:29 AM
    Maybe you can help me with something I've noticed since the re-install. I used to have individual email folders as well as a "message" folder. Now all I have is a "message" folder and nothing for my yahoo email. Is there a way to get the separate folder back? I am getting my yahoo emails - but all my other messages are showing there and I'd like to separate them again. Thanks!
    11-04-11 08:32 AM
    What's Blackberry Protect Mamaluka?
    Blackberry Protect is an awesome app. It was included with my bb 9930 on verizon. What it does is:
    Stores your contacts, texts, memos, calendar appointments, browser bookmarks and even your WiFi profiles. Plus a couple things I'm not sure of. Oh, it also has a GPS tracker so if you lose your phone, you can log onto a PC and it will locate the device, lock or wipe the device remotely or send a very loud beep (even if the phone is on silent or vibe) so you can find a lost phone under the couch! A very useful app. My favorite app. The best part about it is, when I get new devices, I can just restore from a backup file without the use of desktop manager or a PC.
    Last edited by Mamaluka; 11-06-11 at 06:28 AM.
    11-04-11 11:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD