I took some vacation pix and tried to email them from my 9900...but they arrived a the far end as lengthy text attatchments. Two different addresses...

Any idea of what's going wrong?
    03-02-12 08:34 AM
    Are you sure you sent them as email? Did the receipient receive the message via phone, or via a computer?
    03-02-12 10:19 AM
    I viewed the pics on my 9900; I pressed the blackberry button >send >email and addressed it to my contact. However I don't know how he's receiving it. Will check.
    03-02-12 10:35 AM
    Ok..If you sent them to his phone -aka- text, then the results your described are expected. You might try sending one image at a time.

But if you sent the pics to his email address, even to his phone, he should be able to view them.
    03-02-12 10:41 AM
    But if you sent the pics to his email address, even to his phone, he should be able to view them.[/COLOR][/B]
    yes and no.
    you can set some phones to only view text format on cellphones, so it doens't eat data loading pictures.
    03-02-12 10:52 AM
    Fasher -- I originally sent the pix one at a time.

You are absolutely correct...if I send them to his email address, he _should_ be able to see them as picture files. The fact that he cannot is what indicated to me that there's a problem...

I have seen this before from the receiving end...a pal sending me pix via outlook arrived as text files...which suggests to me another possible answer.
    03-02-12 10:53 AM
    yes and no.
    you can set some phones to only view text format on cellphones, so it doens't eat data loading pictures.
    You one uped me on this one. I thought even with this settting in place, it still sent the image. The user is just prompted prior to opening the image file.

Yeah something is up for sure. My co-worker (he has a 9900) and i are messing around with this now. We're sending pics now with no problem at all. Even via Outlook. We're sending images to and from hotmail, AOL, gmail, and our blackberry.net accts...no problem at all with mail. But if we send larger images (taken with an actual camera) as a text, we get what you describe.

But it shouldn't be the image size??? You say you took the pics with your BBerry, correct? What type of phone does your contact have?
    03-02-12 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD