Ok, my current email accounts work just fine. But I had to reactivate them from my carrier's web administration, because "email setup" on the 9900 just doesn't do anything. When I click on it, then choose internet mail and it sends me back to the setup screen and that's it - nothing happens. It doesn't freeze, hangs or anything, just doesn't react at all.
    It's obvious that it is a device issue because the same procedure on my 8520 works flawlessly.
    I installed .353 leaked update but that didn't help either.
    Has anyone else had such strange behavior on their 9900?
    09-05-11 07:30 PM
    Hardware can't effect e-mail setup unless it's not connecting to the internet.
    09-05-11 08:02 PM
    software issue ... reflash the os
    09-05-11 08:09 PM
    This is an issue affecting MULTIPLE users, and they seem to be users on T-Mobile 9900...

I has the same issue and I have the stock OS. I wouldn't waste your time loading another OS. Do a Google search about this issue...
    09-05-11 10:45 PM
    Did searches here and google, no solution so far.

Just can't add new email account from anywhere. The device email setup option doesn't respond; when i try to set it up from my carrier's website it needs security activation from the device so again - dead end.
    09-06-11 03:03 AM
    Call the carrier and let them fix it.
    09-06-11 05:59 AM
    I called T-Mobile and the tech support agent told me they are having a temporary issue with the e-mail setup
    09-06-11 06:00 AM
    I've had a similar issue this morning. Was simply trying to add a signature to my primary work account on my 9900. Just won't connect to the server (according to the error message). It's been like this for almost 24 hrs for me.

I've owned droids, htc's (worst battery life due to sense), iPhones and blackberries. BB's have ALWAYS had the greatest battery life. This one fails in THAT regard, but I'm also smart enough to understand it's because they've started packing all kinds of features in this new 9900 that will take a battery to task unless you know how to do all the tricks to keep the battery "suckage" at a minimum.

I don't mind doing all that to a point, but as someone who's on the road constantly and really only interested in an efficient smart phone that can get my emails in a timely manner and good phone call quality, I've seriously debated going back to the 9780 until they get some of the "newbie" phone issues and OS issues ironed out.

We shall see...
    09-06-11 08:19 AM
    Yup, same here. Some Tmobile reps said is a known issue in NYC, other had no idea.

Gotta wait.
    09-06-11 08:22 AM
    Update from me anyway:

T-Mobile IS aware of an email server issue and is actively working on it. Emails are slow if coming at all. They are collecting call ins as "examples" for the team working the issue. Also, the work around with the internet "MY T-Mobile" will work only if you've set up the service before the server issue happened. If you're trying to set it up now, the site can't communicate with your phone because it has to go through the same server that's down. So, that's a no go also.

It's ALSO not just an 9900 issue. It's a Blackberry Internet Email/ RIM issue. So, it's not due to the phone being new or anything.

Hopefully it'll be back up soon. Pretty frustrating, but thought I'd at least share where I'm at....
    09-06-11 08:41 AM
    I just got my email set up problem fixed. It was my T Mobile "Mobile Life" it had my old phone and pin. I called and they change it to my current phone and pin, resent my service books. reregisted my blackberry account and now everything is working just fine.
    Log in to your account at T Mobile website, look for Mobile Life on the top bar, click email and text tools. Click on change device and see what phone and pin is registered. (it had my old phone listed)
    Hope this fixes everyone's problems. It fixed mine
    09-06-11 08:56 PM
    Since i'm not on T-Mobile, my problem remains. The only success I have so far is to manage to add new email accounts via my carrier's website admin page.
    Still, email setup option on my 9900 is not responsible. I was previously thinking that it was stock 9900 OS that caused the problem, but after the update to .353 nothing changed. Email setup option does not seem to get respond from the server side.
    I'm starting to suspect that my carrier needs to upgrade their BB administration page. It looks the same since BB OS 4. May be they're missing something or just incompatible with the BB OS 7.
    09-07-11 02:30 AM
    I had the same issue. Wipe and restore the OS
    09-07-11 04:24 AM
    I've had this issue a few times before and the way I usually fix it is to connect the device to the blackberry desktop manager/software. Once your device is connected click applications and scroll through the list looking for "email setup" press the "+" and then click apply. The phone will restart. Once the OS is fully loaded try accessing email setup again, it should now be working.
    01-29-13 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD