Ok, so from everything I've read, it appears that Email Reconciliation SHOULD work on my BlackBerry using GMail, but it does not. I did see a post or two about Email Reconciliation working only through BES. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I have tested it every different possible way, and when deleted on my handheld, it does not delete from my email server and vice versa. Not a huge deal, being as how I can just let the messages sit for years and not worry about them, but I tend to avoid clutter in my inbox. Especially if they're stupid emails that I do not need, then I just end up having to delete them twice. Eh... Help?
    11-03-11 02:59 PM
    I am only subscribed to the BIS and wireless reconciliation is definitely a CAN DO with Gmail. There is nothing special that I had to do to set it up. I know there is a "wireless reconciliation" check-box in the options; if that is checked off and it still doesn't work...then God help us all.
    11-03-11 03:25 PM
    It works for me and this is how my Email reconciliation is set up.
    Delete-On Prompt. Let's me choose between just handheld or handheld & inbox. Wireless reconcile checked. On Conflicts-Mailbox Wins.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-11 03:50 PM
    Gmail, on BIS anyway, is not a robust two way sync. If you read an e-mail on your BB, it will be marked as read on the web client rather quickly. But if you open the e-mail on the web client, and either read or delete it, it will take hours, if not days for that to take effect on your phone. It's ridiculous really. I use the Gmail web client on my laptop more than I use it on the phone. And at the end of the day I have a ton of e-mail I need to clean up on the phone.
    11-03-11 11:53 PM
    Gmail, on BIS anyway, is not a robust two way sync. If you read an e-mail on your BB, it will be marked as read on the web client rather quickly. But if you open the e-mail on the web client, and either read or delete it, it will take hours, if not days for that to take effect on your phone. It's ridiculous really. I use the Gmail web client on my laptop more than I use it on the phone. And at the end of the day I have a ton of e-mail I need to clean up on the phone.
    You are absolutely correct, this hppens to gmail a lot. Worse part are Yahoo and Live.com (hotmail) that do not work either way. Those are pain in the neck.
    11-04-11 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD