Hi all,

Trying to set up outlook web access on my 9900. I've got through the usual steps on the device, and at the point where you enter settings (exchange server, password, user name etc). The device is not accepting my settings, including trying DOMAIN\username, and various other items.

One possible issue is that the mailbox name is different than user name - although there is no setting on 9900 (unlike previous blackberry's) to specify this.

I know the settings are correct, as the account is also accessed from other mobiles and has been set up many times...

One other problem - the o2email.co.uk website won't accept any login (my o2email login, my blackberry ID, etc...) - it tells me to contact O2, who were no help whatsoever. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    08-31-11 02:48 PM
    I am also getting this problem on my 9900 v 7.0.0.296. I have a different mailbox name and there is no option to enter this. I cant get OWA email setup on BIS at all.

The reason you cannot setup on o2email.co.uk is you are using automatic login for email settings from your phone. I think you can do this but I have not tried it personally:

KB14380
    09-02-11 07:45 AM
    Same problem with setting an OWA account on my Vodafone 9900, tried everything but keep getting 'Cannot log in' error...Exactly the same settings for this very account worked (and are still working!) just fine on my Orange 9700.
    09-15-11 01:07 PM
    I had the same problems, to a point. Here's what happened and how I eventually fixed it.

I have a domain name which I use for email, but for most purposes my email provider requires a login and username with its own domain name in, not mine. With email clients I enter the provider's username, and a "reply to" address of my own ([email protected]). That all works perfectly. When I got my 9900 (in the UK, bought on my own account, not through one of the providers) it would not recognise my own domain name, but I managed to set up an email account on my BB with the domain name of the email provider, perfectly successfully. This gave me access to my emails. But there was no facility to enter a "reply to" address, in the setup procedure on the BB, so all my emails would look as if they were coming from a different account. No good at all.

I tried going through the setup routine again using my domain name email, but it still would not let me get beyond the first stage.

So I tried to set it on on the web. I navigated to the relevant page, used the new BB "o2email" name that I had been given, and was told variously that I could not deal with the account on the web, or that the username and/or password were wrong (which they weren't).

A call to O2's help people did not produce much help. It was suggested that I could not use the web to register accounts, and that he did not know how I could fix the "reply to" point, or do anything with my own domain name email name. He said I should go to an O2 store and speak to a guru - they all had gurus.

Except my local store apparently did not have one, and the rep there looked at me as though I was mad even to think of such a thing. He directed me to a store which did.

There the guru was very helpful, and told me (a) that the web email creation thing was a thing of the past and available only for old accounts (like the man on the phone) and (b) that the absence of a "reply to" field was a matter for my email provider.

This latter point did not sound plausible, and my email provider in due course confirmed it was nonsense.

So I did some more prodding. I deleted the account which started from the "wrong" email name (the one given by my email provider but which I did not want to use), and tried again using my domain name as the email address ([email protected]). Again, I was knocked back at the first stage, but this time there was a link which offered to allow me to use my own settings - I would swear that this was not there before. I went down that route, and put in all the settings (correctly), and it refused to create the account.

So I did it again. And this time, lo and behold, it created the account, in the right name, and it all worked. Since the account has the correct email name ([email protected]) there is no need for a "reply to" field to cover a difference (though for some inexplicable reason there is still no "reply to" field available for such accounts, unlike gmail accounts and the BB mail account - why is this?) and it all works as I would want it to. I am absolutely certain that the settings I entered on both occasions were absolutely the same, but the second one worked where the first one didn't.

So the lessons I take from this are -

(a) We can longer create and modify our email accounts via the web; it has to be done on the phone.

(b) Persist, and do the right thing often enough, and you might just get the system to do what you want.

(But I still want to know why I can't have a "reply to" address ...)
    Tinyk likes this.
    09-15-11 02:01 PM
    I would like to confirm conclusion (a) for Vodafone UK. All attempts to 'setup from a browser on a computer' resulted in error messages on Vodafone mobileemail.vodafone.net.
    09-15-11 02:40 PM
    How strange that they've disabled web access for email setup, but have kept the link in the new os...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-17-11 11:50 AM
    How strange that they've disabled web access for email setup, but have kept the link in the new os...

All sorted now! Spoke to O2 again and fortunately landed with an advisor who had done this before with other customers.

The only way for it to be resolved is for their tech team to enter details onto their system.

Unfortunately, not all the team know this, and RIM aren't helping the operators!

Carl

09-18-11 09:49 AM
    If I already have the OWA email set up on my 9700 won't it transfer over when i put in my SIM in the new 9900?
    09-22-11 05:58 PM
    All sorted now! Spoke to O2 again and fortunately landed with an advisor who had done this before with other customers.

The only way for it to be resolved is for their tech team to enter details onto their system.

Unfortunately, not all the team know this, and RIM aren't helping the operators!

Carl

Carl.....are you saying that the O2 advisor was able to get you into your account on a PC, and then you were able to enter the email settings?, or are you saying that the O2 advisor entered and created the OWA account for you? Thanks.
    09-22-11 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD